What are you listening to?

This video just seems like it... ages poorly...

It's a new upload but looks like it was shot decades ago given how young Taco looks.

This got me to look up Rudolph Valentino for a sec. Valentino died almost a century ago from sepsis after appendix surgery - in a procedure that's fairly trivial in today's era, and was only 31 at the time.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver

2 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

This video just seems like it... ages poorly...

It's a new upload but looks like it was shot decades ago given how young Taco looks.

I remember annoying people by blasting that song at full volume on repeat. Taco is still woefully underrated, IMO.

As for me right now... well...

12 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Banned as "dangerous" when it first came out, lol.

I first heard Rumble through Death Grips...I can't believe this song is 13 years old soon :o (which means it's also almost 13 years since I saw Drive at the cinema...) Warning, rude lyrics, but what a tune!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

This is nice. I don't live far from the city of Groningen.

The church is more than 500 years old.  The site is only in Dutch :   https://www.martinikerk.nl/

Lovely.  I was surprised to be able to understand some of that and it wasn't hard to find the 'Orgels' page with the bonus Bach recording.  A great way to start the day. :) 

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Lovely.  I was surprised to be able to understand some of that and it wasn't hard to find the 'Orgels' page with the bonus Bach recording.  A great way to start the day. :) 

A short translation  :

The Martini Church has two high-quality historic organs. The main organ is very famous. Organ enthusiasts from all over the world come to Groningen to hear the instrument or even to play it.

• Like 1

The inventor of the first electronic musical instrument, the ondes-martenot, is Maurice Martenot (1898-1980), a French cellist with an interest in radio technology. Like the theremin, this instrument, which can sound like a musical saw, was used in science-fiction classics. Avant-garde composers were also keen to experiment with it. Here you will hear an early piece by Olivier Messiaen: Oraison (1937). 

Olivier Messiaen composed for organ as well. Very Avant Garde style music.

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2