What are you listening to?

I loved the video that Baby Shakes did. The tattoos gave them away as a modern band, but they had the late-70s vibe going on. I've got to go hear more from Drongos for Europe. I'm not familiar with them at all.

Ahhh (sighs), the late-70s. I'd quite like to be there right now. Some of my faves from back in the day. 

• Like 2

@Marigold Devin That XTC song is incredible! I have it on a loop now...the video has a creepy Joker vibe...😮 And also the Apple goggles...just looked it up, they were 40 years ahead of their time!

I had a ticket to see the Baby Shakes play in Brighton in late March 2020 9_9 Of course it was cancelled and they never came over...I don't know anything about Drongos for Europe either, but it came up on my Youtube recommendations...they sound a bit Ramones-y, with UK accents 😎 

I think this would be my ultimate summer song 😍

• Like 4

For some reason, maybe time period being discussed and Lazy Calms laid back electronica reminded me of Brian Eno and David Byrne's extraordinary My Life in the Bush of Ghosts album from 1981.

Here is a track off it featuring Dunya Younes sampled vocals.

• Like 4

Some 70s Jazz with Mary Lou Williams with Buster Williams – bass, and Mickey Roker – drums

From Wikipedia:

Mary Lou Williams was an American jazz pianist, arranger, and composer. She wrote hundreds of compositions and arrangements and recorded more than one hundred records (in 78, 45, and LP versions).[2] Williams wrote and arranged for Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman, and she was friend, mentor, and teacher to Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Tadd Dameron, Bud Powell, and Dizzy Gillespie.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2