The Linden Homes Photo Thread Comes ALIVE at the Home & Garden Expo for RFL!

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Home & Garden Expo, in support of Relay For Life of Second Life, opens on February 13th. At the Expo, there will be a Bellisserian region displaying one of every style of each of the themed homes (camper, houseboat, Traditional, Victorian.) We are bringing the forums alive with 'The Linden Homes Photo Thread' at the Expo and are reaching out to the decorators of Bellisseria to participate! The goal is to show what can be done with a land impact of 351 and one Bellisserian themed home. If you are interested in furnishing (inside and garden) one of the homes on this region, please complete the form  at this link: https://forms.gle/no5zKWkgUoYxAeWn6 or you can also IM Nikki Mathieson inworld. Items used for decorating will need to come from your own inventory.

The form asks for your top three choices of Bellissaria themes/models.  Please allow up to 48 hours for responses. Set up can begin as early as Friday, February 7th and needs to be completed by Expo opening on the 13th.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I'd like to request that someone else consider doing one!  @Nando Yip , I'd love for you to do one, if you have time.  Your bold artistic visions stretch the usage model for these homes well beyond a simple living space.  I think the houseboats in particular are well-suited for use as an art studio or gallery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

@Nika TalajThank you for your kindness in recommending me to participate in this Exhibition, it would be a real pleasure to be able to collaborate with an event that I always follow. I made my registration in the form, let's see if it will be accepted.

Can't wait to see what you come up with, you're so creative!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

@Marianne Little - I LOVED your Hardy furnishing! Please consider in participating. 🙏💜

Thank you! I sent one, but I had to ask if we can use things that's not in sale anymore, from a store that's closed. And if we can edit much. I am always tearing apart stuff and link it with other things. It does not look like that from the store - unless it is no modify like the grand piano. :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you! I sent one, but I had to ask if we can use things that's not in sale anymore, from a store that's closed. And if we can edit much. I am always tearing apart stuff and link it with other things. It does not look like that from the store - unless it is no modify like the grand piano. :D

Absolutely can! Although Expo guests will be enjoying decorating ideas this is an opportunity to showcase your design and displaying how far 351 LI can go. I, personally  have seen amazing things done with design in Bellisseria themed homes and am excited to bring an incredible showcase to the Expo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Although I'm sure all these amazing decorators are plotting wonderful new builds for the expo, there's no rule saying the build must be unique and new, is there?  Some folks have done amazing work that they could just duplicate. 

I'm thinking, no add-ons that change the exterior shape of the building, right, Nikki?  How about add-ons that add interior rooms or details?  And what about paint shells?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Although I'm sure all these amazing decorators are plotting wonderful new builds for the expo, there's no rule saying the build must be unique and new, is there?  Some folks have done amazing work that they could just duplicate. 

I'm thinking, no add-ons that change the exterior shape of the building, right, Nikki?  How about add-ons that add interior rooms or details?  And what about paint shells?

Nika,  great questions..  THANK YOU for the help!  I love it.  Add-ons are fine.  Just as they are in Bellisseria.  Add-ons are welcome because they show how some amazing decorators are stretching that land impact.  Paint shells are fine.  If it's fine in Bellisseria, it's fine in Bellisseria at the Expo!  Sign ups have been slow so far... hoping for a dozen more.  We have some incredible decorators in Bellisseria.  Feel free to tag more!

• Like 3

Doing this is such a great idea, Nikki.  Particularly in VictoriBelle, I still see a lot of homes either empty or with just a few older high-prim items in them.  I hope decorators use items from a wide variety of stores, so folks can get exposure to a number of lower LI designers.

As it turns out, what Apple Fall did with their huge sale was brilliant.  It got a lot of their stuff distributed throughout Belli very quickly, and when desperate new LH owners cam around their neighborhood for ideas, they see ... Apple Fall!  I just cammed around Zwichen, and the homes which were fully furnished all had at least some easily recognizable Apple Fall items. It's wonderful stuff, but personally I love to see items from less brilliantly marketed creators, as well!

Btw, maybe Belli Citizens should put on a little push to refresh their Home Tour again, and a poster for it should be at the expo Belli region?    As well as a link to the "Show Off Your..." thread, which is more focused on decorating and mentions creators by name.

I've always thought that LL should put together an "Introducing Bellisseria" region, with a sample of each type of home and pointers to helpful resources for settling into your new home.  They could use the region you're putting together as a good start toward that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

Nika,  great questions..  THANK YOU for the help!  I love it.  Add-ons are fine.  Just as they are in Bellisseria.  Add-ons are welcome because they show how some amazing decorators are stretching that land impact.  Paint shells are fine.  If it's fine in Bellisseria, it's fine in Bellisseria at the Expo!  Sign ups have been slow so far... hoping for a dozen more.  We have some incredible decorators in Bellisseria.  Feel free to tag more!

I can decorate 2... (lolz) 

How many homes will it be? Since you are looking for a dozen more?

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Marianne, I'm always impressed by your decor. I love what you've been doing with the Traditionals. This is going to be an exciting event, with such inspiring home owners!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

The Home & Garden Expo, in support of Relay For Life of Second Life, opens on February 13th. At the Expo, there will be a Bellisserian region displaying one of every style of each of the themed homes (camper, houseboat, Traditional, Victorian.) We are bringing the forums alive with 'The Linden Homes Photo Thread' at the Expo and are reaching out to the decorators of Bellisseria to participate! The goal is to show what can be done with a land impact of 351 and one Bellisserian themed home. If you are interested in furnishing (inside and garden) one of the homes on this region, please complete the form  at this link: https://forms.gle/no5zKWkgUoYxAeWn6 or you can also IM Nikki Mathieson inworld. Items used for decorating will need to come from your own inventory.

The form asks for your top three choices of Bellissaria themes/models.  Please allow up to 48 hours for responses. Set up can begin as early as Friday, February 7th and needs to be completed by Expo opening on the 13th.

Nikki - I just signed up, I had not known about this until @Nika Talaj paged me to the forum just now. I'd be thrilled to participate! Decorating houses in my passion in SL ❤️ 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Doing this is such a great idea, Nikki.  Particularly in VictoriBelle, I still see a lot of homes either empty or with just a few older high-prim items in them.  I hope decorators use items from a wide variety of stores, so folks can get exposure to a number of lower LI designers.

As it turns out, what Apple Fall did with their huge sale was brilliant.  It got a lot of their stuff distributed throughout Belli very quickly, and when desperate new LH owners cam around their neighborhood for ideas, they see ... Apple Fall!  I just cammed around Zwichen, and the homes which were fully furnished all had at least some easily recognizable Apple Fall items. It's wonderful stuff, but personally I love to see items from less brilliantly marketed creators, as well!

Btw, maybe Belli Citizens should put on a little push to refresh their Home Tour again, and a poster for it should be at the expo Belli region?    As well as a link to the "Show Off Your..." thread, which is more focused on decorating and mentions creators by name.

I've always thought that LL should put together an "Introducing Bellisseria" region, with a sample of each type of home and pointers to helpful resources for settling into your new home.  They could use the region you're putting together as a good start toward that.

I think a Home Tour Poster at the Expo Bellisseria region is a great idea.  Thank you, Nika! I agree this is a great way for others to see the fantastic decorating that is going on in Bellisseria.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Marianne, I'm always impressed by your decor. I love what you've been doing with the Traditionals. This is going to be an exciting event, with such inspiring home owners!!!

Elena, I agree!  I always enjoy pics that Marianne shares with us of her home decor.  I'm excited to see the region all set up and ready to go.  Can't wait!  Are you going to sign up?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Nikki - I just signed up, I had not known about this until @Nika Talaj paged me to the forum just now. I'd be thrilled to participate! Decorating houses in my passion in SL ❤️ 

Got it, Elora.  Thank you!  I'm thrilled that you'll be participating, too.  I've enjoyed many photos you've shared with all of us and the magic you do with these homes.  You all need to know that it is the photos in both threads that inspired me to suggest this region at the Expo.  You all make Bellisseria look so good, along with the amazing build and effort of the Moles.  I couldn't be more excited to see you bring the thread to life at the Expo.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can decorate 2... (lolz) 

How many homes will it be? Since you are looking for a dozen more?

There will be a total of 16 to decorate.  All of the camper, houseboats, traditionals and victorian styles.  We still have quite a few unspoken for, and I'm hoping more sign up.  If we get closer to set up date and still have several, I may just take you up on that offer to decorate 2.  Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

There will be a total of 16 to decorate.  All of the camper, houseboats, traditionals and victorian styles.  We still have quite a few unspoken for, and I'm hoping more sign up.  If we get closer to set up date and still have several, I may just take you up on that offer to decorate 2.  Thank you!!

As long as it's not campers. I never got the hang on campers. I will not show things I made for myself and use on the Traditionals. Since I don't sell them, I will not wave them in people's faces.

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Paging @Elora Lunasea , oh and @RaeLeeH

Aww bless you, thanks for the vote of confidence! 😘

I do like the sound of this but the time frame worries me. My biggest concern with this is that it takes me literally days, sometimes a week or more to come up with any kind of style or design I like as I tweak and change my mind as I go just that much. As we speak I'm currently between two building projects for other people so while I'm interested (and honestly a tad daunted 0.0) I'm also not sure yet - it highly depends on time. Worst case scenario a semi-duplication of one of my set-ups could be done if you're really desperate? 🤔

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.