Drune is gone :(((( Why Linden Lab. can't keep it going?

Pavon2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Pavon2 said:

I answered to all of your questions. It's all up there. Just read again. 

I don’t see anything other than you saying you wish a region would not close, and telling Alwin he is attacking you for reminding you about forum rules you were violating — some would have thanked him. You asked Alain why he was here, still waiting for you to explain why you are.  

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Pavon2 said:

It was relatively new sim. I think only people who are present on Flickr could really discover it on time. I think it would drawn people to SL because it was just exceptionally good. It had the same quality as the best video games have nowadays. That's why I think it could bring young people in. 

Simply being good is not in itself a draw unless there is a method of bringing that goodness to enough potential visitors/customers to sustain the region.  If they are solely people who view Flickr photos and are interested in the genre and happen to see those photos then your potential visitors/customers are unlikely to be sufficient.

• Like 3

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

Why didn't all these people discussing chip in with L$ to save it?

Though I would like to add a caveat to the above: Donations alone will not sustain a region for all that long - if at all. at best a region that goes this route is on life support.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pavon2 said:

I have read on Flickr today that Drune sim is gone. I can't believe it. It was literally the best sim in Second Life ever.

From the group notice in the Drune Group, read from the source.

"I want to reiterate the "for a while" part of the notice she sent earlier. I am getting some IMs that took her notice a little too tragically. The sim still exists; it's just closed while Hera takes some time to consider what to do next. I don't know more than that.

Group chat is closed during this time. I'll share more when there is more to share.

You're a wonderful community. Let's stay that way."

So take it easy - keep calm 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

In the past 18 months, a short period of time in SL, I've seen sims vanish, or change. When I came here, I just thought it would always stay the same. How wrong can you be. I don't explore as much as I should, but I'd never heard of Drune. From flickr it looks like a scifi grungy cityscape. Very artistically built without a doubt, but not the sort of sim I would be drawn to visit. Things constantly change here, so something like that might emerge in the future.

• Like 5

I have no problem with people coming here to rant or just get some sympathy, but I wish they would just say that and not always act like they have isssued us an urgent call to action whnich we are stubbornly refusing to perform.

What action? We ask. But that  question is not permitted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I have no problem with people coming here to rant or just get some sympathy, but I wish they would just say that and not always act like they have isssued us an urgent call to action whnich we are stubbornly refusing to perform.

What action? We ask. But that  question is not permitted.

I don't expect any action from you Pamela, why you think I expect any action from you?

24 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

From the group notice in the Drune Group, read from the source.

"I want to reiterate the "for a while" part of the notice she sent earlier. I am getting some IMs that took her notice a little too tragically. The sim still exists; it's just closed while Hera takes some time to consider what to do next. I don't know more than that.

Group chat is closed during this time. I'll share more when there is more to share.

You're a wonderful community. Let's stay that way."

So take it easy - keep calm 😁

Well... if it's true. It would be amazing. :) If there is some chance for it to be back. I will keep hoping.

Edited by Pavon2

2 hours ago, Pavon2 said:

I have read on Flickr today that Drune sim is gone. I can't believe it. It was literally the best sim in Second Life ever. This sim could bring more people to Second Life than any advertisment ever did. Why Linden Lab. can not reach out to the owner, bring it back and keep this sim going? Isn't it what happened to ChouChou

No.

The owner of ChouChou reached out to Linden Lab. If there's any chance of saving that region that's what has to be done.

• Like 5

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

No.

The owner of ChouChou reached out to Linden Lab. If there's any chance of saving that region that's what has to be done.

Yes, ok. I didn't know that. Thank you for clearning that out. 

40 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t see anything other than you saying you wish a region would not close, and telling Alwin he is attacking you for reminding you about forum rules you were violating — some would have thanked him. You asked Alain why he was here, still waiting for you to explain why you are.  

I'm here because I love and care about Second Life. I would love Second Life to survive. In order for Second Life to survive I think it's crucial to simply advertise it outside, and encourage new people to join. Drune is a sim that offers the same quality as new video games nowadays. Sims like Drune could be a tool to do that. If the kids could see it, maybe they would come to SL out of curiosity. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pavon2 said:

I'm here because I love and care about Second Life. I would love Second Life to survive. In order for Second Life to survive I think it's crucial to simply advertise it outside, and encourage new people to join. Drune is a sim that offers the same quality as new video games nowadays. Sims like Drune could be a tool to do that. If the kids could see it, maybe they would come to SL out of curiosity. 

I get that, I think we all do, but what do you imagine we can do to  make your dream come true?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

I get that, I think we all do, but what do you imagine we can do to  make your dream come true?  

There is nothing you can do. You could support me but it doesn't look like you want to do it. But if you haven't seen the sim even, then why would you, right? 

It's easy to say "dream on, there is nothing that can be done". That's why I said earlier - I started this topic, with unrealistic hope that some of the Lindens will see it and will get interested in saving this amazing piece of art. 

3 minutes ago, Pavon2 said:

It's easy to say "dream on, there is nothing that can be done". That's why I said earlier - I started this topic, with unrealistic hope that some of the Lindens will see it and will get interested in saving this amazing piece of art. 

It's my guess that any Lindens interested in it would already have visited as an alt.  If they're aware of it disappearing for whatever reason then they could bring it to their colleagues' attention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's my guess that any Lindens interested in it would already have visited as an alt.  If they're aware of it disappearing for whatever reason then they could bring it to their colleagues' attention.

Maybe, maybe not.

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

1 minute ago, Pavon2 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

It's more likely than that they'd be reading the forum.

Maybe the OP should join the Drune group to keep informed as to the true status of the region, rather than flailing about it disappearing when it seems that did not actually happen. Better still if there is a group join fee, as paying that would actually do something to help support the place!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Maybe the OP should join the Drune group to keep informed as to the true status of the region, rather than flailing about it disappearing when it seems that did not actually happen. Better still if there is a group join fee, as paying that would actually do something to help support the place!

There is no fee to join the group.

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I still suggest you join it if you have not already done so. As quoted above, the group sent a notice that clearly explains the actual status of the region. 

I know. But the last notice is from 28th, on the 30th there was a post on Flickr saying that Drune is officially closed. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.