Drune is gone :(((( Why Linden Lab. can't keep it going?

Pavon2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:29 AM, Luna Bliss said:
On 1/30/2020 at 11:26 AM, Pamela Galli said:

As a test, who has heard of Joe Yardleys regions, the first of which was 1920s ( I think) Berlin? 
Those are really amazing, esp if you are a history lover.

Any sim with a building or structure simply sucks....lol     :)

Wilderness all the WAY.............

Jo, I saw your displeasured emoticon.  I must tell you, I was just being hyperbolic and silly. I've visited your sims before and thought about renting a room. I do however think overall we need to pay more attention to nature, in real and virtual worlds.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Jo, I saw your displeasured emoticon.  I must tell you, I was just being hyperbolic and silly. I've visited your sims before and thought about renting a room. I do however think overall we need to pay more attention to nature, in real and virtual worlds.

No worries, I wasn't sending goons over to break your kneecaps... just yet ;)

But check out Tiergarten Park in Berlin, it is 3 full regions next to the city with just nature and a few villas.
Oh we also have a sort of lake beach.

But it is rather cold now, as our sim has the 4 seasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

No worries, I wasn't sending goons over to break your kneecaps... just yet ;)

But check out Tiergarten Park in Berlin, it is 3 full regions next to the city with just nature and a few villas.
Oh we also have a sort of lake beach.

But it is rather cold now, as our sim has the 4 seasons.

lol well I didn't want a hard-working sim builder to ever think I didn't appreciate their hard work and creativity that goes into building a sim, and the effort that goes into maintaining it is substantial too!

Can you post a link to that area here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Sadly I can't seem to find a region named Drune.  Since this sort of thing usually falls in my jurisdiction for any sort of preservation consideration, I would have needed to see the region before it goes away.  😢

The region is called Serenity. There's no visible evidence of the Drune build there on the world map now.

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Sadly I can't seem to find a region named Drune.  Since this sort of thing usually falls in my jurisdiction for any sort of preservation consideration, I would have needed to see the region before it goes away.  😢

So maybe supporters should have contacted LL with their request?

This most recent, and all other previous iterations of Drune have always intended to be temporary, never permanent, let alone preserved. 

I applaud the OP for truly enjoying a place, believing it was going to be lost and wanting to do something about it (it speaks highly of the OP, and the draw that Drune provided OP and others, actually, whether or not it was the best way to go about "saving" it,  and whether or not people here had ever been there or heard of it).

That said...the creator of Drune has never, and probably will never, intend for it to be a permanent place in sl. It changes from time to time, it disappears from time to time, it gets rebuilt entirely from time to time, as that is what the creator of it wishes it to be. Asking for LL to come in and save something that for all intents and purposes doesn't want to be saved, I am afraid won't draw much enthusiasm from others. It may even rub some folks the wrong way..I dunno which folks, but, probably some, lol. 

I am sorry, OP, that a place you love is no longer, or will be no longer even if it still is (as is the purpose of that particular place). But, I am willing to bet if you explore sl, you can find new places that you love just as dearly. Just prepare yourself for the temporary nature that really is more of the norm in sl than it is a rarity. Some creators and owners of these properties don't WANT them to be permanent, no matter how much we visitors might love them. We do have to respect that.  

I can't tell you how many places have come in gone in sl that I truly loved, and are no longer. The Africa sims (the original ones, not the new version which is lovely in its own right, but not the same) would've been a fantastic example of what was possible so many years ago, while also being an amazing teaching tool. Sadly, that was not to be saved by  LL either. Most likely because preservation back then just wasn't as commonplace as it is now (and it's not even really commonplace now, so.., lol) and people didn't necessarily see the value in preserving places like that, until after it was too late to do so (or they simply didn't know it was possible, so never pursued it beyond asking for help from visitors to cover tier)   I wish they had been, I wish with every fiber of my being, because even if it wouldn't be "up to date" by today's standards, those sims were absolutely breathtaking, the animals magestic (and extremely entertaining, plus....you could ride and/or interact almost all of them, AND It was encouraged...I digress..), the balloon ride was actually educational (it spouted out facts about Africa, the animals, etc...) and generally, it was one of the best places I have ever seen in sl. That's saying a lot, considering how many superbly fantastic places have existed in sl over the years, and how many of them I have seen, almost practically lived on, over the years too, lol. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, Patch Linden said:

The creator of Drune deleted her sim a few days ago. It was an art project, temporarily available. She moved on, as she always does with her sims, it had nothing to do with money and she didn't want it to stay or hand it over to someone else.

I'm sure she is already working on something new, and I am looking forward to it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Zee's new build is an amazing take on Blade Runner. It's located at the Cloud Lake sim. 

Down at ground level there is a post-apocalyptic version of Drune that is all overgrown with vines and vegetation. 

I don't think Drune was ever intended to be anything fixed and immutable. 

edit: And a few months ago there was a version of Drune based around Giger's "Alien", also at Cloud Lake. 

Edited by Rebecca Ashbourne
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, apparently it isn't, so who has photos of the new build?

I hope this is ok to post a link, but I have 59 photos on my blog post from my visit(s)
https://beccapet.com/2022/02/12/the-blade-runner-sim/

(I stumbled upon this thread because I too wondered what happened to Drune. And then I found the current iteration at ground level so thought the OP might like to know, even though it is an old thread)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Rebecca Ashbourne said:

I hope this is ok to post a link, but I have 59 photos on my blog post from my visit(s)
https://beccapet.com/2022/02/12/the-blade-runner-sim/

(I stumbled upon this thread because I too wondered what happened to Drune. And then I found the current iteration at ground level so thought the OP might like to know, even though it is an old thread)

That's a beautiful sim. Now I want to go see it & take other people with me.  🙂

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.