Q about banning

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I googled and googled to no avail. If I ban someone but they are on my subscriber list, will sending out my mass promotional notecard through my subscriber cause them to be unbanned? 

I'd suggest banning me and we could see, but then, where would I get my next house?

I highly doubt it.  It's possible it might unmute someone, but I don't think so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Do you mean BAN (as in land controls: they are banned from entering your owned land)? Or do you mean BLOCKED (as in they are "muted" and you cannot see or hear from them in anyway?)

In both cases, if you use a scripted "mail list" gadget to send your notices (I freakin' hate those, BTW LOL) - then no: it will not affect the BAN or BLOCK status of anyone.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I'd suggest banning me and we could see, but then, where would I get my next house?

That's not a fully bad plan.

Ban your own alt and see what happens. As noted by @Alyona Su the land ban list is not normally connected to a subscriber list (this is an idea for a future subscriber list - to read parcel access lists). But... using your alts to test things is something I always recommend.

I highly recommend making sure an unsubscribe item is on land somewhere that has no banlist... and is not hidden in a skybox with in a transparent prim an instant security orb... It's annoying having to 'mute' the owner of a shop just to get off their subscriber list... O.o

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Thanks. That page says “Note: If you IM with, Pay Linden dollars to, or give inventory to someone you muted, that person is automatically unblocked. Chat history informs you of what's happened.”  

But does not say if it applies to items given by scripted object.

41 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I tested it.

I blocked my alt. Then I wrote a script that sends them a full-perm object, and accepted it. Then I tried to IM myself from the alt. Still blocked, no IM.

Took me about 30 seconds.

Well that was nice of you Wulfie, saved me digging up an alt, ugh.

LMK if you would like use of a LL houseboat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Thanks. That page says “Note: If you IM with, Pay Linden dollars to, or give inventory to someone you muted, that person is automatically unblocked. Chat history informs you of what's happened.”  

No one ever trusts me. LOL

On 1/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, Pamela Galli said:

Maybe I am confusing blocking with banning. I think sending something to someone unblocks them. 

It does unblock someone when you send an object, IM or Ls to the blocked person. It's always been that way.

Banning simply denies access and does nothing else.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

The wiki says this:

Block object by name

Opens BLOCK OBJECT BY NAME. Blocking this way only blocks object text, not sounds. Useful if a particular object is repeatedly text-spamming you. If you'd rather block all objects owned by a certain Resident, including sounds, use Block person instead.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:Blocked_List

So I'd have to say items given by scripted objects do not unblock.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.