I'm a Terminator.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes @Alyona Su's method will miss good stuff.  First Terminator movie:  good.  Second Terminator movie:  outstanding!  Every other Terminator movie: yawn.  No opinion on the latest one, though, I haven't seen it yet.

But three movies are out now that I wanna see:

• Addams Family -- a 3D animated version.  Looks hilarious, and very much in the spirit of Charles Addams' cartoons.
  • Maleficent
  • The Current War (Director's Cut) -- A re-release of a 2017 flick.  Fictionalized drama based on the conflict between Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, and Nikola Tesla.

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sometimes @Alyona Su's method will miss good stuff.  First Terminator movie:  good.  Second Terminator movie:  outstanding!  Every other Terminator movie: yawn.  No opinion on the latest one, though, I haven't seen it yet.

But three movies are out now that I wanna see:

• Addams Family -- a 3D animated version.  Looks hilarious, and very much in the spirit of Charles Addams' cartoons.
  • Maleficent
  • The Current War (Director's Cut) -- A re-release of a 2017 flick.  Fictionalized drama based on the conflict between Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, and Nikola Tesla.

I wanna be clear: I'll WATCH all of them, but I'll usually only BUY the first one (if I like it enough to buy it.) Example: Alien and Aliens (the first two) - the rest, ummm. noooooo. Hahahaha

I agree the second Terminator is definitely awesome-sauce. What I don;t like about it is that it feels like a cop-out the way it is written: Arny made a freaking awesome unstoppable villain in the first one. The second one feels like it was just a reason to make him a "good guy" and so it felt kinda fake to me in terms of plausibility. Consider this: Based on what the future is like through scenes in the first one, how did humans have the technology to "reprogram" a terminator then send it back to the past? So that's why I stopped and stuck with only the first one (purchasing-wise.)

I know, it's typical Hollywood nonsense and immersion is supposed to make you forget how fake it all is, but... ugh. Paying attention to details can sometimes be a curse. 😕

Edited by Alyona Su

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The Current War (Director's Cut) -- A re-release of a 2017 flick.  Fictionalized drama based on the conflict between Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, and Nikola Tesla

Is that the Michael Shannon movie that was never released wide spread!?!  If so- squee!  I likes me some Michael Shannon!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.