Been banned & how do I get back in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was doing my usual thing, chasing MM boards, having a fine ol' time, slappin' boards, pretty much keeping to myself (in other words doing what I do most any other day). The next day I try to tp to my favourite haunt & receive the message 'Could not teleport. You are banned from the region'. A most perplexing & infuriating problem, since as I stated earlier, I was pretty much keeping to myself & this is my favourite location as well. I asked a friend to go & check the ban list & she went to several places on the parcel & my name does not appear on any ban lists at all.

Thinking this was a some sl issue, I let it go, visited some other places & thought I would try again the next day. That was 5 days ago & I still can't access the region. I have been proactive & contacted one of the major store owners for a possible explanation to my predicament. He's as puzzled as I am, as he verified my name does not appear on any of their ban lists. I couldn't even tp to the central location address he sent me.  He has offered to take it up with LL on my behalf. That was several days ago & I've received no further communication from him. I do realise ppl have lives outside sl, they must attend to as well, but to help myself get a speedier resolution to this problem, I would like to contact LL too. Can anyone advise me how I would be able to do this? Sounds noob I know, but I've never had to contact them before & I'm a bit confused as to what heading I would put this problem under in their 'Submit a case pro forma'

Any help would be appreciated.:womanwink:

Thanx

dbabe Bumblefoot

It would help to know if the region is a mainland sim or a private estate.  If mainland, then its a matter for LL to sort out for you and a ticket is probably the right approach.  However, if its a private estate, you are probably going to have to work this with the sim owner.   Does the region have a neighbor where you can try to walk into the sim instead of teleporting?

--Cinn

If you have been banned from the sim on the Region/ Estate banlist, then only the sim owner (or estate manager) would be able to see your name there. Other sim users or tenants are probably looking on the banlist in About Land.

You would need to contact the sim owner to find out if you are estate banned and why.

Thank you for your suggestions so far. 

The land is rated mature & I am verified as an adult. That should be ok for access shouldn't it?

The parcel of land is Paradise Landing which is Estate/Full Region (Group owned by USC customer club). The group is founded by Eagle Wilder & he is the one I have been communicating with about this.

Unfortunately it's an island with no visible neighbours :(

Upon checking his roles within the group, my friend said he has land management as 1 of his duties. So was he the right one to contact?

Hope this info paints a clearer picture. With all that said, is it pointless for me to contact LL about this issue & just await Eagle's response?

It's not enough just to be verified as an adult.  You have to adjust your Preferences settings in the General tab, called: "I want to access content rated:     " and make your selection.  In the past, maybe due to  a reinstall, my preference switched to PG and it was quite confusing for a while.

Good luck and I hope that's all it is.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's an age verifiation issue then the error message you get is different - it says something about your account type not having access, or something like that. If it says banned it means banned by the Estate owner. That might not be the person you're talking to.

You can find the Estate Owners name on the Covenant tab of the About Land info. That is the person you'll need to speak to.

• 4 years later...

Well one thing every on seem to be  missing is many secuity  in world products like I have on my sims  you can  set age are also a ban if you have no credit credit  on file best action contact the sim manager are the owner  good luck

Kathy Hoyes Owner Slave land inc.

kathy Hoyes wrote:

Well one thing every on seem to be  missing is many secuity  in world products like I have on my sims  you can  set age are also a ban if you have no credit credit  on file best action contact the sim manager are the owner  good luck

Kathy Hoyes Owner Slave land inc.

My guess is, if he did not resolve the issue, he gave up after 4 years. 

• 8 years later...
On 5/21/2011 at 9:12 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

If it's an age verifiation issue then the error message you get is different - it says something about your account type not having access, or something like that. If it says banned it means banned by the Estate owner. That might not be the person you're talking to.

You can find the Estate Owners name on the Covenant tab of the About Land info. That is the person you'll need to speak to.

How can you get the estate owner when I cant get on the land to use the about info?

7 minutes ago, Mahjee said:

How can you get the estate owner when I cant get on the land to use the about info?

Use an alt or ask a friend to check if it's on a private estate.  On a mainland region, you can stand next to the region your banned from, click on the land and pull up the About Land.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

On 1/24/2024 at 8:18 PM, Mahjee said:

What if you cant get to the region to get about land?

You just suck it up, take a deep breath, and get on with your SL.  SL is a huge world with many sims to visit.  Landowners can ban you for any reason, even no reason, because they pay for there land.  Landowners can make it so no one can visit all if they want.  Its just how it is.  Buy your own piece of land and ban people until you feel better. ❤️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

You just suck it up, take a deep breath, and get on with your SL.  SL is a huge world with many sims to visit.  Landowners can ban you for any reason, even no reason, because they pay for there land.  Landowners can make it so no one can visit all if they want.  Its just how it is.  Buy your own piece of land and ban people until you feel better. ❤️

I still smirk thinking about the time my landlord gave me an estate ban, not just one sim, but every sim they were an estate manager on, 350 or so they claimed. Occasionally i’d hit a sim I was banned on.

I did learn an important lesson though, never argue with your landlord, especially if they are a total jerk 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

To all, this is a topic of 2011, 13 years ago.

Other posters tend to get irate when you mention that a thread has been necroed, so I didn't bother this time. No point in getting that old argument started again for the millionth time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.