Bellisseria Homes Going Back in The Pool!

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Lol your call, but I wouldn't put a poor LL support person in that position.  They'd feel like they were being called upon to make up policy on the spot. 

/me hands missy a powdered wig, sometimes having the right costume helps with roleplay.

Lindens have been following this subforum very carefully.  They read and comment in all sorts of threads.  I'm sure that if they disapproved of hopping, the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS thread, "When did you last see...", would have been closed LOOOOONNNGGGGG time ago.

They may or may not approve of the methods, but I am pretty dang sure they approve of the excitement, activity and community feeling in this subforum.

This is the thing isn't it. It does not go against their policy and they want popular homes. Imagine if no one liked or wanted a new linden home. Imagine no buzz or debate or demand. When I came to get mine I followed exactly what everyone else was doing to get one because I could not get one and it seemed that if it was so bad a new solution would be found to the refresh limit. I see us all on an even level getting a home. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

This is the thing isn't it. It does not go against their policy and they want popular homes. Imagine if no one liked or wanted a new linden home. Imagine no buzz or debate or demand. When I came to get mine I followed exactly what everyone else was doing to get one because I could not get one and it seemed that if it was so bad a new solution would be found to the refresh limit. I see us all on an even level getting a home. 

You haven't done anything wrong there are various threads on how to get a home and the tip you gave is in several of them already.  Everyone is able to do the same thing until LL says different.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, missyrideout said:

I guess the refresh limit only applies to the average user. Super-refreshers need not follow the rules, but it's OK because y'all are giving people on off-hours a chance to get a new home, right? Of course, only after YOU deem a parcel unworthy. I'm starting to think a week-long lockout would be a great way to even the playing field. That or a more aggressive system to ACTUALLY limit refreshes.  

Not really, I loose more than I catch. I use random interval, min 40 seconds, max 120 seconds. Of course I miss many, they go in between refreshing, and many show up on the page, even if it's too late.

It is the rules, there is nothing giving us more refreshes than others. But when someone knows there is a property abandoned, they can refresh manually and catch it within their 10 tries. Of course some releases is hung up or delayed in the system. It is still better than logging on the land page, refresh ten times in a row and give up.

I am a bit addicted to this. I admit it. I have to try in case something I really want is coming up. So I need to abandon, so my alt can continue. Unworthy is too strong a word and it does not look good for you to use it. But if people say: I give back this in the pool because I want sand/no sand, river/no river, mountain, a house where they can have a car and this house only has a walkway leading to it, they want Winchester and it's facing away from the view, they don't like the brick wall and will try to get a more open garden et cetera. There is some else who want what the other person has abandoned. Someone will use Adams and love the brick wall they can plant against.

A person I spoke with 2 weeks ago was my neighbor on a beach, she moved three times and got three properties there, I moved twice and got two. I was a bit envious on her last one, but then her alt got a river location inland. She abandoned her beach parcel, and I am sure whoever got it was exstatic if they wanted sand and living next to the sea.

So it was a super location exchanged (I thought) for a location that wasn't doing it for me. But is any of us wrong?

Edited by Marianne Little
added a word + a sentence.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think everyone has their own system and preference with how they or their alts get a home which is totally alright. We are all different.

Nothing is ever perfect and it would be sad if it was. Everyone has a different idea of what personal perfection is. I just feel all the time and effort that has been put into these parcels are very apparent and for that reason alone, all are a perfection in their own right.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself @Chloe Dolores.

I'm sorry to hear about your triggers. I'm also very acquainted with triggers myself and they aren't a fun thing to experience. I hope you find your alt a home that is everything you wish it to be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LyricalBookworm said:

I think everyone has their own system and preference with how they or their alts get a home which is totally alright. We are all different.

Nothing is ever perfect and it would be sad if it was. Everyone has a different idea of what personal perfection is. I just feel all the time and effort that has been put into these parcels are very apparent and for that reason alone, all are a perfection in their own right.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself @Chloe Dolores.

I'm sorry to hear about your triggers. I'm also very acquainted with triggers myself and they aren't a fun thing to experience. I hope you find your alt a home that is everything you wish it to be.

Thank you - SL helps me to break from my RL and it actually does way more than that. What I had is traumatic circumstances that take time to heal. My alt is retiring up he's just spotting about  for the last week of his premium. My main is the problem. She sees many homes and just can't decide so she's almost always a homeless one in the hunt for a home! Everytime I think we have it something keeps me searching on!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

The Cadhaire trad that was up on the Belli homes thread earlier is going back in a second https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cadhaire/148/120/0 sea view / green garden / little sand 

I caught that one. I will release it again @ 3.45 AM. It's a really lovely location but I will stick to my house in Allweiss.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, missyrideout said:

I would love for the powers that be to state emphatically that getting around the refresh limit is fair play. Until then, I judge you to be acting in bad faith. 

15 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

That's fine. I don't think judgement is a good thing but I expected for the backlash. I think I will open a support ticket and get a final word on the matter from tptb

To file a ticket against yourself would be simple nonsense!

In this case as allways applies the simple rule: what isn't forbidden is allowed.

The powers that be would have blocked relogging and getting a fresh ten tries if they had wanted to. 

They did a reasonable thing when they put in this new rule of max 10 in 10 minutes NOT because they expected we would not find this workaround but simply because they wanted to save their servers ! Before that people used to run autorefresh with refreshrates of every 2 or 3 seconds and let that run all day and night. If hundreds of people around  the globe do that then the homeselectionpage would eventually run hot and break down.

The new rule makes a big difference! Now either you run autorefresh for hours with 80 seconds (some even risk 72 but that is minimum) OR you decide to manually refesh as fast as you can ten times ... log out ... log back in ... another ten times and so on. Obviously that needs all yor attention and you cannot keep that up for more than a few minutes. If they forbid that aswell the only thing they'd get is to seriously annoy huge quantities of paying premium members especially those who only have one premium account.

Others like me would simply relog with another account which would give us a big advantage ... so much to fair chances! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

To file a ticket against yourself would be simple nonsense!

In this case as allways applies the simple rule: what isn't forbidden is allowed.

The powers that be would have blocked relogging and getting a fresh ten tries if they had wanted to. 

They did a reasonable thing when they put in this new rule of max 10 in 10 minutes NOT because they expected we would not find this workaround but simply because they wanted to save their servers ! Before that people used to run autorefresh with refreshrates of every 2 or 3 seconds and let that run all day and night. If hundreds of people around  the globe do that then the homeselectionpage would eventually run hot and break down.

The new rule makes a big difference! Now either you run autorefresh for hours with 80 seconds (some even risk 72 but that is minimum) OR you decide to manually refesh as fast as you can ten times ... log out ... log back in ... another ten times and so on. Obviously that needs all yor attention and you cannot keep that up for more than a few minutes. If they forbid that aswell the only thing they'd get is to seriously annoy huge quantities of paying premium members especially those who only have one premium account.

Others like me would simply relog with another account which would give us a big advantage ... so much to fair chances! ;)

I think I was just trying to push this to the point where the detractors left the thread and we could just get on with it. :) The system will change as supply starts to meet /exceed demand I guess regardless 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They did a reasonable thing when they put in this new rule of max 10 in 10 minutes NOT because they expected we would not find this workaround but simply because they wanted to save their servers !

For a few glorious days I got to roleplay a DDOS hacker!! lol   I'm pretty technically-challenged (have no idea how I've managed to learn the basics of Blender) ...so I was really impressed with my new auto-refresh techno skills.  :)

But seriously, one thing I've always been impressed with when LL is working at its finest, is when they throw something out there and see what we do with it, and then set limits if needed.  They are willing to see what evolves.... always the best approach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

...My alt is retiring up he's just spotting about  for the last week of his premium. My main is the problem. She sees many homes and just can't decide so she's almost always a homeless one in the hunt for a home! Everytime I think we have it something keeps me searching on!

I heard you just caught my dreamhome in Blackwater Shoals!

Didn't you say wjat you REALLY want is a houseboat? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hit refresh randomly a few times this morning for a Trailer and managed to nab one.  However, the location isn't quite right for me, so I'm going to abandon it in a few minutes.

In Wilderness Point:

image.thumb.png.0229547ca8362cb88100c56608159771.png

Would you wait til 22 mins past? Love it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.