Goodbye Bellisseria!

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Are the house colors the same as the boat colors? Because I feel like the boat colors definitely lean towards the masculine.

There are more pastel colours, with a couple of bolder ones, in the houses, at least on the interior walls. The interiors of the houseboats are generally darker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Are the house colors the same as the boat colors? Because I feel like the boat colors definitely lean towards the masculine.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of most of the colors, on the houses or the boats. The boats at least have some darker options, but I don't really think of colors as masculine or feminine. I'm not much help there, I guess. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“This female” meaning you? I originally thought you were referring to someone else’s post.

Ziggy stated "The traditional homes were more directed towards females with the wall colors", and I was replying to that. As in the generalization doesn't work (as is often the case with generalizations), because I for one do not like the "female" wall colors. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

The traditional homes were more directed towards females with the wall colors

There's a bit of sexist generalization - that is also quite inaccurate.

The house wall colors are actually pretty blah, IMO.  Based on the pictures posted in these forums, many other women feel the same way and have thus created or bought mesh wall inserts so that they can freely change the wall colors and textures.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I think the biggest flaw with the traditional houses is not being able to change the colours of the rooms individually. With the houseboats it doesn't matter so much as they are open-plan.

You can change the colors of each wall in all the rooms with this little gem https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GIVORIA-LH-Winchester-Paint-Walls-Mod-Version/17355685 :)

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

yes it's nice that people have made stuff like this, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Well look on the bright side it gave someone a chance to create something and sell, this is also how SL has always worked provide basic "something" then let users make the missing parts desired. Also if LL made the perfect world there would be no need for creators and hence we would all have to pay alot more for land and free membership would likely not even exist. To me it doesn't matter who makes it I'm only interested in if I can get a certain experience or not, but as it stands with what I just said I actually believe it's best exactly like it is so the economy works and since SL is still here after 16 years and apparantly doing rather well LL is doing something right after all. :) 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Well look on the bright side it gave someone a chance to create something and sell, this is also how SL has always worked provide basic "something" then let users make the missing parts desired. Also if LL made the perfect world there would be no need for creators and hence we would all have to pay alot more for land and free membership would likely not even exist. To me it doesn't matter who makes it I'm only interested in if I can get a certain experience or not, but as it stands with what I just said I actually believe it's best exactly like it is so the economy works and since SL is still here after 16 years and apparantly doing rather well LL is doing something right after all. :) 

I see your point, but in the case of walls, I agree with @Matty Luminos that it shouldn't be necessary. I happen to have the same add-on walls that you mentioned, and yes, they are lovely, but they are also difficult to work with. I found that in the Winchester, they did not stay aligned properly, and neither I nor a Mole who took a look could figure out why, so I finally gave up and tossed them back into my inventory (which is a shame because they are not inexpensive).

It would be much nicer to have more options built into the walls themselves if fitting cover-up walls is such a persnickety job. 

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I see your point, but in the case of walls, I agree with @Matty Luminos that it shouldn't be necessary. I happen to have the same add-on walls that you mentioned, and yes, they are lovely, but they are also difficult to work with. I found that in the Winchester, they did not stay aligned properly, and neither I nor a Mole who took a look could figure out why, so I finally gave up and tossed them back into my inventory (which is a shame because they are not inexpensive).

It would be much nicer to have more options built into the walls themselves if fitting cover-up walls is such a persnickety job. 

Hmm that's odd mine has stayed in place or atleast I think it has only problem is the values I have written down are for the entire rezzer, when its done it divides itself up into the individual rooms. I checked very carefully and it looks as perfect as when I first put it up, did your house move perhaps? Of course the house shouldn't move but I know someone else mentioned a while back that their house had moved slightly.

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So if these add on wall helpers are problematic I am just wondering why there are ten five star reviews and ONLY ten five star reviews, and yes, that is expensive :D. It would be good to let potential buyers -- AND the maker of the walls -- know there are issues. IF there is something the creator can fix and update I suspect they would like to know (hoping anyway). 

Remember that these houses -- as stated by Patch -- have always been meant to be "starter homes". Some folks have turned them into "retirement homes" and that works too :D.   But the WERE designed in part so that add-ons could be made.  Sorry you ended up with a product you couldn't use. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So if these add on wall helpers are problematic I am just wondering why there are ten five star reviews and ONLY ten five star reviews, and yes, that is expensive :D. It would be good to let potential buyers -- AND the maker of the walls -- know there are issues. IF there is something the creator can fix and update I suspect they would like to know (hoping anyway). 

Remember that these houses -- as stated by Patch -- have always been meant to be "starter homes". Some folks have turned them into "retirement homes" and that works too :D.   But the WERE designed in part so that add-ons could be made.  Sorry you ended up with a product you couldn't use. 

Yes Xia Xevious the creator is very friendly and approachable and she would no doubt want to hear about this, in fact I'm going to show her this thread. :) 

30 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Yes Xia Xevious the creator is very friendly and approachable and she would no doubt want to hear about this, in fact I'm going to show her this thread. :) 

I did go back and read a few of the comments on the ratings and they did mention difficulties as well as creator friendliness.  I would suggest  that having a DEMO would be a good thing.    A good lessen in general about READING the comments and not only going by star ratings. :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I'm not sure what point you are attempting to make here, but thanks for the input, I guess. 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Hmm that's odd mine has stayed in place or atleast I think it has only problem is the values I have written down are for the entire rezzer, when its done it divides itself up into the individual rooms. I checked very carefully and it looks as perfect as when I first put it up, did your house move perhaps? Of course the house shouldn't move but I know someone else mentioned a while back that their house had moved slightly.

The house may have moved, there is no way for me to know what exactly happened. But if we could just customize the walls without need of an add-on, the house could spin in circles and I would not care, because the colors would spin with it. ;)

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I did go back and read a few of the comments on the ratings and they did mention difficulties as well as creator friendliness.  I would suggest  that having a DEMO would be a good thing.    A good lessen in general about READING the comments and not only going by star ratings. :D

Again, not sure what condescending point you are trying to make. I tried a demo, OF COURSE.

@Quartz Mole witnessed the issue with the walls. Perhaps you would care to instruct him on the problem which you did not see, while you are handing out "expert" advice? :)

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 2:28 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I gave up my Belli home yesterday, in favour of a larger parcel of mainland. I felt stifled by the themes and the parcel just wasn't big enough for what I want to do.

But it's been a great few months, I've got to know some wonderful new people, and you will certainly continue to see me at various events. 

Best of luck and hugs to everyone still waiting.

If anyone still has the Red Lion Pub in any saved landmark or Hud, please remove it, thanks.

I've also given up my Belli house in favor or more prims on a bigger lot, NOT mainland but still lots of room for my desire to have lots of prims LOL. I may eventually try to get a houseboat but until then, I'm happily using ALL my prims lol (well not ALL of them) 

• Moles
38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Again, not sure what condescending point you are trying to make. I tried a demo, OF COURSE.

@Quartz Mole witnessed the issue with the walls. Perhaps you would care to instruct him on the problem which you did not see, while you are handing out "expert" advice? :)

As I recall -- and I may be mistaken here, but I doubt it -- the problem was that the houseboat's wall and the fake wall were in exactly the same plane, so the cpu and gpu on the individual user's computer didn't know which one should take priority.    The results were weird, not least because the way Sylvia's screen was presenting the walls wasn't necessarily what I was seeing.  

Long story short -- moving the fake wall by a tiny fraction - 0.001m, if you can manage it -- fixes it, though you may have to relog or TP out of the region and back again to force your viewer to refresh its texture cache so you can see the difference.   

A more satisfactory long-term fix might involve tweaking the mesh of the fake walls slightly, so that they cover the houseboat's walls as do wallpaper or paint and undercoat cover plain plaster in a first life build.    Otherwise tweaking the settings in the faux-rezzer might work, and would probably be worth trying first. It's not the ideal solution but I would imagine it's considerably simpler the reuploading the mesh (or maybe that's only when you're as hopeless with mesh as am I).

Those suggestions are not intended as a criticism of anyone's work, of course.  It's what I would be advising friends and business partners if I were logged in on my resident account and we were making that sort of content. 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You seem to be taking a lot of comments the wrong way. There was nothing at all condescending in my comment. I meant that it would be good to HAVE a demo if it is a complex product. Nothing to do with you at all.  I honestly have no clue where you are coming from -- but apparently I am not alone. ^^.   I actually didn't SEE a demo listed on the link that I went to in the marketplace BTW.  

Have a lovely SL life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I had purchased this but had not yet used it. I've added 3 of the wall inserts to the house now and saved screen shots of their positions.  I'm going to keep a close eye on them over the next few days/weeks.  

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The house may have moved, there is no way for me to know what exactly happened. But if we could just customize the walls without need of an add-on, the house could spin in circles and I would not care, because the colors would spin with it. ;)

There was a time when my back of house additions shifted and not even all together.  It was really odd because I suddenly not only had gaps between the additions and the house itself, but I ended up with gaps between pieces of the additions.  Quartz came over and verified that the house itself had not shifted, so I still have no clue what happened.  I have not had any of those things shift since then.

While scripting the house so that every single wall could have a different color/texture would probably have been a bit more complicated - and maybe not even possible without complicating the mesh quite a bit more - it would have been nice if we could at least have colored each room differently from the control panel.  Then again - while many of us really, really like these homes and may live here forever, they were still designed to be 'starter homes'.  Patch had mentioned that very thing when responding to questions/comments about more options for the outside colors.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.