Older Linden Homes Makeover Photos

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

In case anyone missed this gorgeous Loftroom makeover when originally posted on the forum I'll link it here;

https://billybeaverhausen.com/2019/07/21/its-a-cover-up-2/

Oh my, that looks like a completely different house now!!!! I guess you can always put some pics outside the windows, to make up the scenery. That was the most disappointing part for me: the outside area, since you can always work with the inside. I am sure that, just by replacing some of the old trees and roads, it would make a huge difference

• Like 2

While I wait for more campers to be released, I have been blessed with an amazing spot in the old Tahoe areas. I know it is not Bellisseria, but I think I am going to keep this cozy home for a while; it is facing a lovely little lake, and you can spot an eagle flying over the houses.

I have added a second level, added a new door, new fireplace (with a cat on it!!), changed the floor and walls textures, and I plan to design a nice outside area. There's still a lot of work to be done, but I think I'm getting there.

ElenaCoreFrontentrance.png.ef8ec2be646a1dbfe90c58a001d16f07.png

MainFloor.png.fd2868cb7a961921b3301947b2f2e097.png

OutsideView.png.a6c9627f1a1a32ede26b706c64c95694.png

Bedroom.thumb.png.2c287741cdb269205118fd0fd030987e.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 21

I finally took up a Linden Home. I don't crave Bellissaria, I'm just happy with an old house, but what has amazed me is that most houses on my parcel are empty.

I've enjoyed furnishing this place and I'm very happy with how it looks. But I reached the prim limit before I could add a kitchen, and so far I've not found any information about how I might increase my prim limit? Maybe that's not possible.

Anyway, on a deserted sim there's no lag, so I'm quite happy living in a solitary neighborhood…. 9_9

SL110.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

I finally took up a Linden Home. I don't crave Bellissaria, I'm just happy with an old house, but what has amazed me is that most houses on my parcel are empty.

I've enjoyed furnishing this place and I'm very happy with how it looks. But I reached the prim limit before I could add a kitchen, and so far I've not found any information about how I might increase my prim limit? Maybe that's not possible.

Anyway, on a deserted sim there's no lag, so I'm quite happy living in a solitary neighborhood…. 9_9

SL110.jpg

What a lovely home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also miss my Tahoe home, I have been thinking about trying to get it back lately!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

SL110.jpg

I love being there. Just the details. They give away how much love there is in it.... Oh no kitchen? Good we can order some deliveries 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I reached the prim limit before I could add a kitchen, and so far I've not found any information about how I might increase my prim limit? Maybe that's not possible.

Nope - not possible to increase the prim limit.  LI is 175 for a 512 sqm plot, which is what the old Linden Homes are.  The new Camper/Trailer area on Bellisseria are also 512 sqm size, so they are limited to 175 LI too. The Bellisseria Houses and Houseboats are on 1024 sqm plots, so the LI for those homes is 350.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope - not possible to increase the prim limit.  LI is 175 for a 512 sqm plot, which is what the old Linden Homes are.  The new Camper/Trailer area on Bellisseria are also 512 sqm size, so they are limited to 175 LI too. The Bellisseria Houses and Houseboats are on 1024 sqm plots, so the LI for those homes is 350.

If it's technically possible there should be a pay to upgrade option then. I dont need any more space but I would like a kitchen. Just for the look. I'm  very happy with this house and I really don't get why most here are empty. Having said that there's  no lag.

• Like 1

I suggest re-evaluating everything you have in the house on a LI basis.  All too often creators get lazy and put little or no effort into optimizing their creations and though their wine bottle, for example, may look incredible it has an outrageous LI of 10 (I wouldn't expect it to be more then 1).  Being that the house itself isn't costing you any LI the 175 of your parcel should be plenty, you should be able to free up quite a lot by weeding out the heavier LI items and replacing with better optimized stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

If it's technically possible there should be a pay to upgrade option then. I dont need any more space but I would like a kitchen. Just for the look. I'm  very happy with this house and I really don't get why most here are empty. Having said that there's  no lag.

It isn't technically possible.  Every region has a certain LI capacity that is set when the region is created.  The LI has been divided up between all of the existing houses and the landscaped & community areas.  The only way to give you more LI is to remove houses and change your plot size from 512 to 1024 - and LL has already said that making any changes to the old areas will not be done.  They do not want to use manpower/work-hours to change things there when those regions are all going away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

the confusion i have is a few years back the older homes all 117 and was it last year or year before it increased to 175 so if they did it then why cannot they do it now  i am lost one this one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roseelvira said:

the confusion i have is a few years back the older homes all 117 and was it last year or year before it increased to 175 so if they did it then why cannot they do it now  i am lost one this one

The increase happened sometime before 2017, as that is when I returned after a bit of an absence.  At that time, they increased the LI for ALL land, not just the Linden Homes - likely because servers get more powerful over time and are able to handle more processing, and thus more items.

The amount of LI is coded into the system and can't just be increased randomly on a per region basis without more work for LL on the back end.  LL has already stated that the older Linden Homes are too dated and need too much work for them to be viable for the future.  Since there is so much work to be done to get the number of new homes created, LL just really cannot justify the work that would be required to make any changes to the older homes.

• Like 3

ok i have another question   i keep hearing about alts and their alts got xyz so  is you alt made on the same account or a differrent basic and if on you account do you have to make it premium as well ,,,, there are still so many things i do not understand  as i understand it the main account is the one you first came in on with your payment info ,,, please help me sort this out , I have a fish  on basic but different e mail is that considered my alt  so confused 

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

ok i have another question   i keep hearing about alts and their alts got xyz so  is you alt made on the same account or a differrent basic and if on you account do you have to make it premium as well ,,,, there are still so many things i do not understand  as i understand it the main account is the one you first came in on with your payment info ,,, please help me sort this out , I have a fish  on basic but different e mail is that considered my alt  so confused 

An alt is simply another account that someone creates -- going all the way through the signup process from scratch.  They are actual accounts with their own name and login, not just wearing a different avatar look (furry vs human vs fantasy) or using a display name. 

Then, if the alt is Premium, it is also entitled to a Linden Home.  Thus folks with Premium alts might have multiple homes and/or may use those alts to try to get a different theme or location without giving up a Linden Home that they already have.  Any account that is to be Premium must have Payment info -- though you can use the same Payment info on multiple accounts.

When people talk about Main accounts, they are typically referring to whichever account they use the most.

For instance, this account is my main account.  It is not the first account that I ever created in SL, but it is the one that I use more than any other.  I also have about a dozen other accounts.  Out of all of those other accounts, 3 of them are Premium accounts that I pay the yearly fee for.  Two of those have a Linden Home -- a traditional house and a houseboat.  The other one sometimes tries for a Linden Home, but hasn't gotten one yet.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.