NEW Linden Home ~House Boat sails away in just a dream

Raven Cedarbridge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well i have given up on getting a NEW Home now, reverted back to the old linden home...i have tried EVEYTHING for two weeks, read the different threads on how to....and no such luck, and i so do not come into SL to get frustrated, RL does a good job on that....so i will wait after this frenzy of new homes settles and SL can design more communities in volume and  not snatched up in 7 seconds.....until then back to the old ways...with PEACE

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raven Cedarbridge said:

well i have given up on getting a NEW Home now, reverted back to the old linden home...i have tried EVEYTHING for two weeks, read the different threads on how to....and no such luck, and i so do not come into SL to get frustrated, RL does a good job on that....so i will wait after this frenzy of new homes settles and SL can design more communities in volume and  not snatched up in 7 seconds.....until then back to the old ways...with PEACE

I totally get just sitting back and waiting for the hoopla to die down.  Given the current state of things, I'd do the same if I was in your boat - okay, not in your BOAT, since you apparently don't have one, but you know what I mean.

Don't necessarily get the need to make a thread about it though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Raven Cedarbridge said:

Buy a 1024 waterland parcel, buy a nice houseboat on the Marketplace, plop it down.  No frustration!

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Buy a 1024 waterland parcel, buy a nice houseboat on the Marketplace, plop it down.  No frustration!

Pop on over to the "Mainland Parcels for Sale" thread. I happen to know there's a nice 1024 water parcel there cheap *cough cough*

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Between a neighbour with a fullbright orange lighthouse and another with a giant eyeball surrounded by green tentacles (my current neighbours.. bless them).

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

Between a neighbour with a fullbright orange lighthouse and another with a giant eyeball surrounded by green tentacles (my current neighbours.. bless them).

Likely the reason WHY the OP wants to get into the new continent. But that reminds me exactly why I left mainland in the first place. *shudders*

(Tip: Right-click > More > More > Derender > Temporary/Blacklist is your friend!)

12 hours ago, Raven Cedarbridge said:

Your frustration is common and shared by many lately, and is likely something that will continue on for quite some time. I don't think there's any remedy beyond patience and what you've chosen to do. I also think that if LL could release content quicker, they would. No amount of topics are likely to hasten the process. But it's good vent sometimes. I just hope you get the home you want soon, along with everyone else who wants one. Until then, best of luck :) 

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

3omc54.jpg.7c1dc95b1ab182bd9b33c0549a366764.jpg

^_^

You got me. Took me this long to figure out this post generally applies to most forum posts (at least the LH ones) overall. Needs. To. Steal. 😁 👍

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:
2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

(Tip: Right-click > More > More > Derender > Temporary/Blacklist is your friend!)

Sadly I don't think that's do-able in standard viewer. 

Yeah, the Pie Menu was dumped by LL long time ago because it is amazingly inefficient. For LL and everyone else, it's Right-Click->Manage->Derender. ~Snorts~

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yeah, the Pie Menu was dumped by LL long time ago because it is amazingly inefficient. For LL and everyone else, it's Right-Click->Manage->Derender. ~Snorts~

Actually it is in Firestorm because that's exactly what I do. My apologies for not stating that. 🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Actually it is in Firestorm because that's exactly what I do. My apologies for not stating that. 🙄

Yes, and Catznip as well. Though that feature can be turned off, thankfully. I'm not dissing it as bad, nothing wrong with it. I'm just thankful we have a choice. :)

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Yes, and Catznip as well. Though that feature can be turned off, thankfully. I'm not dissing it as bad, nothing wrong with it. I'm just thankful we have a choice. :)

Agreed. Never was a huge fan of the default viewer but thank heavens for options. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Depends on how your brain works I guess. With the pie menu, muscle memory takes my mouse to where it needs to go while I'm reading the labels. With a list menu, I have to read each one and then manuever. Pie menus are so much faster, easier and more efficient for me. Thank goodness we have TPVs and options.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

I'm holding off trying for a Bell house for now, super slow connection.  But not stressing, as I've found a rental in a very nice area on mainland, made by moles!  Its small, so I'm hunting for  a 1024 one in the same region, so I can landscape.  There are ways to wait for the perfect Bellissaria house, stress free.  We'll get there eventually  😉

BTW, I looove that Sparticus pic, it really made me laugh.  Yes, I am entertained.  😛

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

No it's not...or at least not in my just-updated LL viewer.  Under Manage, I see Block, but no "Derender".  Blocking does not derender the object.

34 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No it's not...or at least not in my just-updated LL viewer.  Under Manage, I see Block, but no "Derender".  Blocking does not derender the object.

Yes, you are correct, I should have clarifies that in the "standard "bar" menu" - it's simpler for "Block" and "Derender" (both in the same place in Catznip and Kokua and even Firestorm in "standard" menus - reiterating how inefficient the Pie Menu is.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Depends on how your brain works I guess. With the pie menu, muscle memory takes my mouse to where it needs to go while I'm reading the labels. With a list menu, I have to read each one and then manuever. Pie menus are so much faster, easier and more efficient for me. Thank goodness we have TPVs and options.

Yes! I love the pie menus for this exact reason. A dropdown list is very easy to click the wrong thing, a pie menu almost impossible.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.