My neighbour <.<

Gwin LeShelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really think everyone should decorate as they please but knowing through this forum how much some people want a home and seeing things like this makes me feel meh!

And I think those things are a pain to every region X_X I once had a neighbour at mainland lagging my parcel with all his breedables XD

Her whole house is nothing but breedables :( such a nice place to decorate and shes wasting it!

Snapshot_0352.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

7 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I really think everyone should decorate as they please but knowing through this forum how much some people want a home and seeing things like this makes me feel meh!

And I think those things are a pain to every region X_X I once had a neighbour at mainland lagging my parcel with all his breedables XD

Her whole house is nothing but breedables :( such a nice place to decorate and shes wasting it!

Snapshot_0352.jpg

Having previously lived next to somebody that had a ton of these exact type of horses, and they ate up the scripts in the region(even when not moving. The region bounced between 1-3% scripts run), I have a strong distaste for these things. One of the neighbors where my alt lives has a couple of them upstairs in her house(which I don't mind), but nothing like this..

Edited by s2Pandora

As someone who enjoys breedables herself, I am mostly posting here to say if someone is going to use their prim allowance on them, consider utilizing the skybox option.. Not only is it less annoying to neighbors (out of sight, out of mind) But rumor has it there is less region impact, probably from server not needing to render them for field of view.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I am on super speedy net 400mbits and have a really good computer I usually run around on ultra without having ANY lag but this even lags me down! XD

Can you really report things like that?

That is a bit much, lol!   OCD?   But I think the polite thing to do, is speak to your neighbor before reporting.  They may not even know there's a problem.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

As someone who enjoys breedables herself, I am mostly posting here to say if someone is going to use their prim allowance on them, consider utilizing the skybox option.. Not only is it less annoying to neighbors (out of sight, out of mind) But rumor has it there is less region impact, probably from server not needing to render them for field of view.

Visual lag it'll certainly make a difference, script.. nope.

There's nothing wrong with having them, and by the looks of it this person at least has them stationary, but they can possible cause scripts to be lagged(therefor preventing others from opening doors, using HUDS, etc). I don't think this many will cause too much impact, but I could be wrong(as i've seen 2 breedables destroy the scripts in an entire region. One was pregnant, though).

Edited by s2Pandora

8 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I am on super speedy net 400mbits and have a really good computer I usually run around on ultra without having ANY lag but this even lags me down! XD

Can you really report things like that?

If you think they are using an unfair amount of region resources then definitely AR them.  Someone will investigate and if they are then will shut them down.  

If they are breeding to sell them, then that could also be against the commercial part of the covenant

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 4

I don't think OCD means what you think it does XD what does it have to do with that? I just asked that question cause she said to report that and I would never report someone for things like that lol it was more like surprised oh really?! 😧 XD

And I think breedables can be cute :D maybe just not in lagging masses, poor neighbours with bad PCs ^^

If these horses are for sale, then it’s a commercial venture. That would be against the covenant. I love my Amaretto horses, too. I don’t sell them, and they’re in a skybox on another region. I’ve never had a complaint about lag or hogging resources from either my landlord or region neighbors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Visual lag it'll certainly make a difference, script.. nope.

There's nothing wrong with having them, and by the looks of it this person at least has them stationary, but they can possible cause scripts to be lagged(therefor preventing others from opening doors, using HUDS, etc). I don't think this many will cause too much impact, but I could be wrong(as i've seen 2 breedables destroy the scripts in an entire region. One was pregnant, though).

XD and the pregnant one got hangry and destroyed the region all godzilla like? ❤️

Just now, Cam Mode said:

The eyes on that horse, he's not happy.

Looks like those corrals of starving horses in animal rescue ads. And the owner couldn't even dump them at 4000m to try to cut some lag.

AWW omg cannot unsee XD haven't noticed it like that before! I might smuggle in some carrots when their owner is offline then X_X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I don't think OCD means what you think it does XD what does it have to do with that? I just asked that question cause she said to report that and I would never report someone for things like that lol it was more like surprised oh really?! 😧 XD

And I think breedables can be cute :D maybe just not in lagging masses, poor neighbours with bad PCs ^^

Obsessive compulsive...I was referring to the horse lover.  I have a touch of that & know the pull of "more, more, more" 😂  But I've made lots of mistakes , & really appreciate it when someone brings it to my attention.

• Like 1

Just now, GinaFreumann said:

Obsessive compulsive...I was referring to the horse lover.  I have a touch of that & know the pull of "more, more, more" 😂  But I've made lots of mistakes , & really appreciate it when someone brings it to my attention.

aaah OK now I got you XD ❤️ I tend to over do too in RL haha but her profile scares me ahaha I am not talking often to people in SL nowerdays after 12 years in SL I am just doing my thing and but when I got my HUDs slow near her house I was like woah whats wrong here XD

I might just try and talk to her ... or just die silently XD

5 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

aaah OK now I got you XD ❤️ I tend to over do too in RL haha but her profile scares me ahaha I am not talking often to people in SL nowerdays after 12 years in SL I am just doing my thing and but when I got my HUDs slow near her house I was like woah whats wrong here XD

I might just try and talk to her ... or just die silently XD

Send a polite notecard suggesting that the horses be moved to a skybox to at least eliminate the visual rendering lag.  Who knows, that might be enough to help overall lag in the area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Send a polite notecard suggesting that the horses be moved to a skybox to at least eliminate the visual rendering lag.  Who knows, that might be enough to help overall lag in the area.

Of course polite! I have no reason to be not polite to someone that has never done anything to me XD ❤️ But yes notecard is an awesome idea ^^ and when she moves them up she can also have the house to herself and live there...although I don't know how many prims those horses take off her allowance tho but maybe theres still some room for her😸

Is there nothing in the Linden Home covenant that stipulates acceptable presence of animals and breedables of any sort?  Do you think there should be if there isn't?  (I'm a mainland dweller with all manner of chaotic freedoms so I don't know what happens with these new Linden homes.) 

2 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

Is there nothing in the Linden Home covenant that stipulates acceptable presence of animals and breedables of any sort?  Do you think there should be if there isn't?  (I'm a mainland dweller with all manner of chaotic freedoms so I don't know what happens with these new Linden homes.) 

As long as the horses are not being sold from there, I don't think they are violating covenant.  If the horses are actually using up too much of the region script resources, then they could be reported and removed for that reason.  Otherwise, I think the person is in the clear.

ETA:  At least it looks like the blinds are down, so that aids in not everyone immediately seeing the horses when they are looking around.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Clarrellae said:

There's nothing there about breedables, I checked, because I wanted to have a few of my Kittycats in my house. Imposing rules on them could get complicated and confusing, usually they are allowed or not, when it comes to land covenants, no "allowed if you do this or have this many" type of exceptions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

That sure seems like an awful lot of horses to cram into a home. I can't imagine that is very sanitary, or fun for the horses. I am sure they would love to have room to roam around, enjoy fresh air, eat fresh growing grass. I can think of much better places to have a farm, a small home is perhaps not the best place to raise a large amount of farm animals. 

In a more serious tone, it would be best to consider how much of a regions resource you use up, before doing so, otherwise you might get an unexpected visit from myself, or one of the many other wonderful Lindens.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 17

1 minute ago, Clarrellae said:

They only say to keep the decoration in the theme and in that way she is doing nothing wrong, shes keeping them IN the house with closed courtains xD and I will just ask her about it ^^ maybe she is nice and don't yells at me XD

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Of course polite! I have no reason to be not polite to someone that has never done anything to me XD ❤️ But yes notecard is an awesome idea ^^ and when she moves them up she can also have the house to herself and live there...although I don't know how many prims those horses take off her allowance tho but maybe theres still some room for her😸

Horses are usually about 14 or 16 prims. I’ve been through phases where I’ve not had a home. It definitely is a trade off. 😅

• Like 2

Just now, LuLu Starbrook said:

Horses are usually about 14 or 16 prims. I’ve been through phases where I’ve not had a home. It definitely is a trade off. 😅

XDD aww I had wild bunnies and meeros phase haha and a mild kittycats phase and I got one blue horse as a gift once from a friend XD sooo I totally understand the need but usually its people having like some that run around in their home THIS was new to me in a linden home XD Never saw that in the old ones xD 

I saw it on mainland parcels tho ^^

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

That sure seems like an awful lot of horses to cram into a home. I can't imagine that is very sanitary, or fun for the horses. I am sure they would love to have room to roam around, enjoy fresh air, eat fresh growing grass. I can think of much better places to have a farm, a small home is perhaps not the best place to raise a large amount of farm animals. 

In a more serious tone, it would be best to consider how much of a regions resource you use up, before doing so, otherwise you might get an unexpected visit from myself, or one of the many other wonderful Lindens.

UH OH ...luckily its not my horsies XD *flails and runs of to the hills anyways*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.