My neighbour <.<

Gwin LeShelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have 3 de-seeded BB dogs (they don't breed anymore or consume food, but still require a food dish around them, which is annoying) that put out every couple days for a 24he period so they don't get sick. I don't leave them out all the time and I don't pull them out if the region is lagging. One, that's 43 prims I could be using for building or decorating... And two, I don't want to possibly lag out my neighbors because I know how much it sucks to be bogged down at home.

The few KittyCats I have that breed are kept in the Cattery.  On my Mainland parcel, I have some of my older special KittyCats wandering around, some Jian wandering doggies, and the BB doggies from the SL16B (kept them non-breeding).  I remember back when I first put out my kitties, I carefully monitored the script activity and didn't notice any issues.  I still keep a close eye on the script activity in the region to ensure that I'm not causing any issues.  

At my Linden Home, I currently have one Jian wandering doggy out - no impact at all on the region as far as I can tell. I'll probably put one of my KittyCats in the Houseboat when I finish that up.  

• Like 1

Lag is not the only problem. But what about all that poop? That place stink to the high heavens. And when they leave, then what? The cleaning costs will be astronomical! And who's gonna pay for that? Not the Lindens, that's for darn sure!

And you just know that the stink is embedded in the walls. Jeez, have fun living in that place after they move out. 

Can you see laying in bed with your significant other at night and she/he gets a good whiff, then looks you in the eyes and says: "Gee, Honey, what's that aftershave you wearing? Mr. Ed #5"

No more boner for Stoner.

Edited by Stoner Stormcrow
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I really think everyone should decorate as they please but knowing through this forum how much some people want a home and seeing things like this makes me feel meh!

And I think those things are a pain to every region X_X I once had a neighbour at mainland lagging my parcel with all his breedables XD

Her whole house is nothing but breedables :( such a nice place to decorate and shes wasting it!

Snapshot_0352.jpg

Breeding barns like this are the bane of every landlord. I put limits on the number of animals and in some high-population or smaller-square-space room areas I urge people to take the animals out and put them in other rentals I have that are like stalls.

I think the Lindens need to do the same thing. 

Yes, breedables or any moving animal (new animesh animals) are high script-time items -- go around them with a script scanner and you will readily prove this. The effect is cumulative -- perhaps this or that one animal isn't so high-time by itself, but as you add more and more to the sim, it degrades the performace.

It's their collisions that are really the sim killers, however. If you have an animal or toddler caroming around a  house, the collisions it is constantly making are laggers, too. So if the residents can make sure the animals are all put stationery when they are logged on that's helpful but even a stopped animal still has a script in it consuming time.

Often people have these breeding barns not because they love animals but because they are trying to breed a rare and sell it for a high price. Understood. But then the Lindens need to create not "Linden Homes" but "Linden Stables" and encourage people to put breedables on those sims where they don't bother others either with the look of a lot of animals which can be annoying or the actual fact of lag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

That is a bit much, lol!   OCD?   But I think the polite thing to do, is speak to your neighbor before reporting.  They may not even know there's a problem.

I'd love to go up there, and talk to her about it, asking "What is that?!" But I fear she'd leave me biting the dust, replying "Why, it's is a horse of course of course." 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

XD I sent her  a NC and her first question was "Which land you talking of?" means she has MORE land like that haha but she also said she wanted to remove them tomorrow anyways sooo lets see if those poor things get freed XD ❤️ 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I believe everyone has the right to decorate (or not) however they like, UNLESS it negatively affects others. If this pack of lag monsters causes excess lag in the region, report it.

Yes! Personally, I feel very reluctant to tell others how to decorate their homes. But I did see delivery (buy?) boxes on the floor, next to each horse, which could be indicative of ''Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit." (I was even able to identify the name of the breedable store; but I'm not in the habit of doxing ppl, even when to identify their SL names from images). The point simply is, if she's selling them out of her home, politely ask her to stop doing so. Or better, just AR it, and let Linden take a look.

26 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Yes! Personally, I feel very reluctant to tell others how to decorate their homes. But I did see delivery (buy?) boxes on the floor, next to each horse, which could be indicative of ''Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit." (I was even able to identify the name of the breedable store; but I'm not in the habit of doxing ppl, even when to identify their SL names from images). The point simply is, if she's selling them out of her home, politely ask her to stop doing so. Or better, just AR it, and let Linden take a look.

I am no where near an expert on breedables but aren't those boxes what they drop when they "give birth" so they aren't yet set for sale?

eta ... I remember picking up boxes all over when I was de-seeding my dogs, and the brief time I had cats.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I am no where near an expert on breedables but aren't those boxes what they drop when they "give birth" so they aren't yet set for sale?

I dunno, hard to tell. I'm not into breedables at all. :) I bought one once, and it fell off the edge of my sim, never to be seen or heard from again. :) So, that was the extend of my breedable experience.

Which is why I think it's always best to have a Linden take a look at things, when it doubt (via AR).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's a new theme idea... LL farmland! For breedable enthusiasts to have their own community that doesn't ruffle any feathers. It'd be cute, really, my head is coming up with all sorts of imagery what it might look like with the landscaping and themed homes. This idea isn't saying I think breedables should be segregated to their own area, it's just that so many people are into them, I think a segment of future regions catering to them would be really appealing. The 1024 size with a small frontier house, and large "yard" for pasture, or a barn with an upper apartment. (I actually lived in one like that for a long time)

It could work, and as far as all those breedables freezing up a sim, all I can say is, there are full sims packed to the teeth with horses being sold (around 500) and while of course lag does exist, it's not nearly as bad as an animal-free sim with 50 avatars on it.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

as far as all those breedables freezing up a sim, all I can say is, there are full sims packed to the teeth with horses being sold (around 500) and while of course lag does exist, it's not nearly as bad as an animal-free sim with 50 avatars on it.

This is actually very true. I have wandered through my share of regions with lots of breedables on them, yet I don't think a single one was ever as laggy as those huge events filled with tons of vendors, textures, and avatars -- though only rendering friends helps quite a bit with the avatar part (can't easily do that with a batch of breeables).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

There's a new theme idea... LL farmland! For breedable enthusiasts to have their own community that doesn't ruffle any feathers. It'd be cute, really, my head is coming up with all sorts of imagery what it might look like with the landscaping and themed homes. This idea isn't saying I think breedables should be segregated to their own area, it's just that so many people are into them, I think a segment of future regions catering to them would be really appealing. The 1024 size with a small frontier house, and large "yard" for pasture, or a barn with an upper apartment. (I actually lived in one like that for a long time)

It could work, and as far as all those breedables freezing up a sim, all I can say is, there are full sims packed to the teeth with horses being sold (around 500) and while of course lag does exist, it's not nearly as bad as an animal-free sim with 50 avatars on it.

If the horses are not moving, the "lag" will not be bad at all, you're right.

The issue, again, lies in the scripts. The ex-neighbor I spoke of prior had 500-700 amarettos(sp?). The region had only them and myself at the time. I had just moved in and the region had only 1-3% scripts run, so I couldn't even interact with my body hud or open my house door(after I could finally get it to rez).

Avatars lag the crap out of both aspects, so many avatars are worse overall.

Edited by s2Pandora

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is actually very true. I have wandered through my share of regions with lots of breedables on them, yet I don't think a single one was ever as laggy as those huge events filled with tons of vendors, textures, and avatars -- though only rendering friends helps quite a bit with the avatar part (can't easily do that with a batch of breeables).

And I think its a difference if its an event I TP to to shop new stuff and TP back home afterwards or if its your actual home thats laggy cause one individual thinks its fun having a hundred horses in their house XD (its NOT a hundred but you get what I mean haha) and I even experience seldom lag at all, I don't wanna imagine how its for neighbours closer to her and with not so good PC or internet connection XD 

I think of the Lindenhomes as community and always tried to ...well fit in and co-exist with my neighbours and someone like that seems just selfish but thats my point of view.

And for people suggesting the AR thing...I am 12+ years in SL and have maybe ARed like 3 people?! For really bad things XD so ARing someone breeding horses would be like the last straw if talking etc. wasn't successful ^^

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

And for people suggesting the AR thing...I am 12+ years in SL and have maybe ARed like 3 people?! For really bad things XD so ARing someone breeding horses would be like the last straw if talking etc. wasn't successful ^^

To me, AR-ing isn't necessarily a negative thing. :) Like in this situation, I can sleuth all I want, and *think* I know what's going on, but one rarely really does. So, instead of seeking a confrontation, and be found with egg on my face, when I callled it entirely wrong, I see nothing wrong with an AR, friendly asking the Lindens to look at a situation I might think is suspect. They have the access and the tools to make the proper determination. And since I don't think they respond back to progress on the report, to the filer, I would just generally forget about the whole thing, and trust they'll take care of it, should the need exist.

I have, btw, maybe only filed 2 reports, ever, LOL. When I didn't have my private island yet, and derender didn't exist yet (and/or was only a temporary deal, reset at each time you restarted your viewer).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

And I think its a difference if its an event I TP to to shop new stuff and TP back home afterwards or if its your actual home thats laggy cause one individual thinks its fun having a hundred horses in their house XD (its NOT a hundred but you get what I mean haha) and I even experience seldom lag at all, I don't wanna imagine how its for neighbours closer to her and with not so good PC or internet connection XD 

I think of the Lindenhomes as community and always tried to ...well fit in and co-exist with my neighbours and someone like that seems just selfish but thats my point of view.

My main reason for ARing a lag issue would be to request that a Linden come test the region resources. :)

• Like 3

You both are probably right ^^ when you say it like that its nothing bad at all but for some reason ARing always feels like...well I guess we all know what I mean XD its like running to mom or dad and be like "HE STOLE MY CANDY!" but actually its just better having someone have a look at it so everyone can enjoy their home, and be sure everything is fine!

But she also said she would take them away tomorrow anyways if thats not actually the case I can still call "mom" or "dad" for help XD ❤️ thank you all for bothering with my horsy concerns haha 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

You both are probably right ^^ when you say it like that its nothing bad at all but for some reason ARing always feels like...well I guess we all know what I mean XD its like running to mom or dad and be like "HE STOLE MY CANDY!" but actually its just better having someone have a look at it so everyone can enjoy their home, and be sure everything is fine!

But she also said she would take them away tomorrow anyways if thats not actually the case I can still call "mom" or "dad" for help XD ❤️ thank you all for bothering with my horsy concerns haha 

I suppose if you need testing done, you could request it via support ticket. That sounds less harsh. lol  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

That sure seems like an awful lot of horses to cram into a home. I can't imagine that is very sanitary, or fun for the horses. I am sure they would love to have room to roam around, enjoy fresh air, eat fresh growing grass. I can think of much better places to have a farm, a small home is perhaps not the best place to raise a large amount of farm animals. 

Breed-able furniture, message received and understood !

*ducks and runs away*

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

There's a new theme idea... LL farmland! For breedable enthusiasts to have their own community

Scream loud enough and apparently the Lab hear your voices and do things.. ie: the winter cabins, the group thing and whatever chouchou is...  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.