My neighbour <.<

Gwin LeShelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gwin LeShelle said:

I am on super speedy net 400mbits and have a really good computer I usually run around on ultra without having ANY lag but this even lags me down! XD

Can you really report things like that?

Lag is not fully related to your hardware, a region can lag on the server side and there is nothing your computer can do about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 10:40 PM, RuffertasAlt said:
On 6/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

Breed-able furniture, message received and understood !

*ducks and runs away*

Please don't give anyone ideas. I can see it now - people breeding special armchairs, for example.

https://rickandmorty.fandom.com/wiki/Furniture_Universe

FC5CD9CB-8370-4E7B-B801-6E095AC89ED5.png

• Haha 5

On 6/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, Seba Serpente said:

Should take those horses outside and shoot them in the head.

It appears I've lost most of my SL snapshot collection. :( I was looking for a picture I took of an island parcel of mine that a tenant had abandoned. It was just a flat square of land with at least 50 breedable horses on it, all dying of starvation. They were green and so pathetic looking. I paid my respects before bulldozing them into the infinite Linden sea...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Wildefire Walcott said:

It appears I've lost most of my SL snapshot collection. :( I was looking for a picture I took of an island parcel of mine that a tenant had abandoned. It was just a flat square of land with at least 50 breedable horses on it, all dying of starvation. They were green and so pathetic looking. I paid my respects before bulldozing them into the infinite Linden sea...

I once got myself 2 horses of those, just out of curiocity to see whats up with the, what's so special about them and what makes them so blody horrid for sim performance... I ended up giving them away for free... later I realized I could have just deleted them and purged them into emptyness. I was dumb.

Thought the cov does not permit breedables like that. Some of those things are crappy script hogs. Others have to be put in llow script mode, or are ones that stats update via a web server and are just sent the data from there. 

THat is also tacky, most palces have breedable sims for htat purpose, and that is nto the purpose of linden homes. 

Edited by anthonytorino
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

THat is also tacky

I can guarantee you that "tacky" is one of those "In the eye of the beholder" things.  There are sooooooooooooo many things rezzed outside of people's homes/houseboats that are incredibly "tacky" in my eyes, that there is no need to even think about what might be inside someone's home.

21 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

that is nto the purpose of linden homes. 

Excluding the "script" issue for a moment, there is no specific purpose of the homes that applies to everyone.  I'm pretty sure that when LL created these, it never dawned on them that some folks would turn their home into community gathering places like cafes and pubs and such. I have encountered incredible lag a few times because I was close to one of those gathering places and that day there just happened to be about 20-25 avatars there, dancing and partying. 

Outside of script usage, I could use up all of my LI by filling my home with all my kitties and doggies, and that would still be a valid 'purpose' in my eyes - even if they were breeding.  Just to emphasize that I did say "excluding the script issue".

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Yeah, Kitten makes a good point. We chose the Bellisseria plots where we might occasionally DJ a party on this basis. (By "chose", I mean playing the abandon and re-roll the dice game until we landed on plots we liked.) For example, at my main beach house in Graff, where I spin a live mix once a week and host a beach party, there are literally only 5 plots. The rest is ocean. And we chose the time for when I host my weekly DJ party based on when the other four houses aren't usually occupied.

And the "Rubyfruit Jungle" LGBTQ+ community center was chosen in a similar way, by being right on a region border next to the region where one of Squishy Pickles are. If for some reason our region gets too many AVs because of some rare party event, we can move the overflow over to the next-door region on the Pickle's beach.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have encountered incredible lag a few times because I was close to one of those gathering places and that day there just happened to be about 20-25 avatars there, dancing and partying.  

subject to AR without any compasion.. the area's are nót made for that use, as already told in several posts at the start of this symptom of overly active community hypers: it's allowed to have small scaled events, not a simblocking and lagging mess.

Edited by Fox Wijaya

yes  exactly, small scaled events  aka reasonable sized parties are fine and part of what will make Belli welcoming and social. It's a matter of self policing anything that gets larger (and thanks to the Lindens for providing us spaces to have larger parties) out of consideration for your neighbors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kitten Kaos said:

yes  exactly, small scaled events  aka reasonable sized parties are fine and part of what will make Belli welcoming and social. It's a matter of self policing anything that gets larger (and thanks to the Lindens for providing us spaces to have larger parties) out of consideration for your neighbors.

Thanks for bringing this up! People get to having fun and don't realize the lag is increasing and starting to affect others in the vicinity. Prime example was when half the grid was camped out for days on the east coast of Bellisseria watching the Squishy Pickle come to life. I literally could not walk around inside my house due to the lag caused by way too many avatars in the region. I know it's not intentional; it's just something people don't think about while partying, so a reminder now and then is appreciated. :) 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks for bringing this up! People get to having fun and don't realize the lag is increasing and starting to affect others in the vicinity. Prime example was when half the grid was camped out for days on the east coast of Bellisseria watching the Squishy Pickle come to life. I literally could not walk around inside my house due to the lag caused by way too many avatars in the region. I know it's not intentional; it's just something people don't think about while partying, so a reminder now and then is appreciated. :) 

Heheh , as someone who lived in Graff at that time (or rather lived/lives in my wife's home there), I hear ya :D  Mostly it's a matter of good communication, empathy. and being a little patient with each other. The usual things that go into making a healthy family, neighborhood or society.

• Like 5

People know darn well some breedables cause issues (unless those set to low script use or load of web servers that track stats). Using a linden home for those purposes means they are trying to circumvent things to see what they can get away with.  Animesh horses for appeal is not an issue. having 10 or so smooshed in a house for breeding purposes would be seen more as a commercial aspect. They know exactly what they are doing. If scripts don't affect other residents it's not an issue, and what is hidden doors doesn't matter. in the case of that parcel the script count was putting a strain on sim side resources, limiting the totals to others, since then it was down sized.  Luckily scripted items are becoming smarter in use. 

As far as large community events. We want community events. However residents take precedence. The parades were fun and a great get together thing. they need to be stretched out in route length. to disperse people more. 

Party events are great social gatherings to destress. It seems linden LAbs is going the route of having a sim for such things that will not affect residents. The fair grounds ect. Which means they support the community get togethers and also think they are important. 

• Like 5

Sooo I gave her a fair amount of waiting for "tomorrow" to come.

She still has horses locked in there, and she didn't put them up in the sky what I suggested her to do too since someone here suggested that!

Maybe I ask her one more time or just skip that? Derendering all that horse things takes ages and is it even effective?

And well I think in general its just not fair to hog that many sim resources in such a close and neighbourly area. X_X

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Sooo I gave her a fair amount of waiting for "tomorrow" to come.

She still has horses locked in there, and she didn't put them up in the sky what I suggested her to do too since someone here suggested that!

Maybe I ask her one more time or just skip that? Derendering all that horse things takes ages and is it even effective?

And well I think in general its just not fair to hog that many sim resources in such a close and neighbourly area. X_X

I'd probably just AR at this point - especially if it is impacting scripts or other stuff in the region.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.