My neighbour <.<

Gwin LeShelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd probably just AR at this point - especially if it is impacting scripts or other stuff in the region.

I'm with LittleMe on this.

Plus, a Linden already posted in this thread, essentially saying she was skating on thin ice, and that she shouldn't be surprised if a Linden paid her a visit one day. I guess some ppl simply don't know how to take a hint. 😜

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd probably just AR at this point - especially if it is impacting scripts or other stuff in the region.

I agree and mention you reached out and the conversation to say they were removing them and it didn't happen

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

One day not long ago I was walking down the streets in an area of new Linden Homes and saw that someone had a huge backdrop up in their backyard. 🙄

Now THAT an AR will get results I think -- just in case it wasn't temporary. I have seen them take down similar things. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

One day not long ago I was walking down the streets in an area of new Linden Homes and saw that someone had a huge backdrop up in their backyard. 🙄

I actually caught a house last night that had a big green screen and green floor floating in the sky above the house that appeared to be for photographs... 

Sometimes people are such strange creatures.

• Like 1

What gets me is these low hanging, full bright skyboxes at 100 meters or so, or walls that are 60 meters high and are just raw prim on the outside. What is really disturbing are the full bright objects that are green, red, orange or whatever and do nothing but turn people off and give them headaches. They do have one thing in common though -- when I check the avatar who created those obnoxious objects, a good 98% of them are 12 years old! Now what is that all about? Are they going through a second puberty, or are they showing off to their mothers that they can create objects too, just like the adults here in Second Life?

• Haha 3

I think it's more to do with personal opinion and taste (being as relative as it is). The general opinion being "I pay for my land/home/premium membership I can do what I like" without much if any regard to other people. That's sadly a very common belief. Commonsense and common courtesy don't exist any more. But the warriors for freedom of expression and personal opinion grow stronger by the day! 😟

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I actually caught a house last night that had a big green screen and green floor floating in the sky above the house that appeared to be for photographs... 

14 minutes ago, Stoner Stormcrow said:

What gets me is these low hanging, full bright skyboxes at 100 meters or so, or walls that are 60 meters high and are just raw prim on the outside.

I'd be ARing those as fast as I could.  Nothing higher than 15m unless it is a skybox higher than 2000 m

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Was it this one? Lol

wito.png.4ed2582040619fcac97e6ab11c5907e1.png

• Haha 4

Sadly, that about the general opinion is true. It's just too bad a few immature people can ruin the Second Life experience for a lot of people. If the Lindens would clean up the mainland SL would be a better place to inhabit. But people would say, yes, but then those people would leave SL because they cannot create their bright green boxes. To which I can only say, let them leave, because those people who have left because of those immature people would stay in SL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

LOL that makes me wonder if it got flung outside accidentally and the owner has NO idea!

It's been there for a long time now, and i've never seen the owners of the house there. It was an Apr 15th house.

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Here's a tip for them: avoid an AR, put that thing inside, and takes photes inside your home. Then, add some furniture to boot, and you have something nice to show for the various 'show off your home' threads too. Sort of a 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone' deal. :) Not that I'd kill birds, mind you; and tips, I just reminded myself, are actually not allowed at Bellisseria. Oh nevermind, I'm rambling at this point. 😋

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

Was it this one? Lol

wito.png.4ed2582040619fcac97e6ab11c5907e1.png

Actually I think it was! Or one that looked very, very similar to it. I abandoned the land anyway (was across the street) but I can only imagine the neigbours must have derendered that thing by now... It was the first thing I noticed when I landed! 🙄

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.