What do you do when you're angry?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I vent straight to the person causing my anger. We either fix it together or they block me. lol

If it's not a person that angered me, I still address it headfirst. I'm a heart over mind kind of person so I change moods very easily, which can be good for both parties.

I don't hold onto anger and I do believe people are not naturally evil and that purrrty much anything can be fixed.

shrugs

I also do the chocolate and fastfood overdose. 'cuz heck, tasty things make my brain collaborate with me better. lol 

• Like 1

Maybe I should not have typed here that I hardly ever get angry, because today I got quite angry at someone being totally ignorant (and end up screwing up a job because of it)

Well, I can verify, I still slam doors when I'm angry... oh and I curse like a sailor :)

It only lasted a few minutes though

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 3:44 AM, BelindaN said:

It takes a lot to tip me over the edge. A real lot. When it happens, I'm told its impressive. I don't know...... Thankfully that's exceptionally rare.

When I just get narked, I tend to switch into my pragmatist/reflector mindset and contemplate how to move forward.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:31 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Can hardly remember the lasts time being truly angry. I've been sad about, or disappointed regularly by incompetence of people. But to get me really angry/mad, you have to be extremely skilled.

On 6/24/2019 at 2:28 PM, G3orginaRos3 said:

I usually either vent to my closest peeps, take a long walk (couple of blocks) and then back to my place and eat a yummy treat while I do it... Also putting things into perspective work, I put this last one into work most often than the first two, makes me realize how silly the entire thing is to begin with.

I'm with all three of you.  It takes a lot to get me angry.  Getting me peeved enough to get snippy is much easier.  I can't recall ever being angry enough that the rational side of my brain hasn't been able to tell me that their behavior is their problem and my anger is my problem.  I long walk or ice cream almost always gets me out of a snippy mood. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm with all three of you.  It takes a lot to get me angry.  Getting me peeved enough to get snippy is much easier.  I can't recall ever being angry enough that the rational side of my brain hasn't been able to tell me that their behavior is their problem and my anger is my problem.  I long walk or ice cream almost always gets me out of a snippy mood. 

Well no wonder you've been snippy lately. You haven't been taking enough long enough walks! :D

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Have I really been snippy? I apologize for that.

In fact, I have been taking quite a few long walks, not because I need to walk off stress but because I have just returned from a three week vacation in the Maritime provinces. My snippiest day there was probably the day that I hiked 7 km in to a waterfall and then walked the 7 km out in pouring rain at 13 degrees C. It was a less than cheerful day. I've begun to have serious doubts about whether hiking is still wise in my 70s. At least, hiking on a sparsely-traveled trail in Newfoundland.  On the other hand, I tend to eat more fish when I travel, which has to be good (even though slightly counterbalanced by more frequent desserts).

• Like 2

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

No need to apologize for something you haven't done. I was making an apparently rather poor attempt at teasing you.

Heh .... and I was making a CYA apology just in case I missed something. I can be hopelessly dense at times, so I never discount the possibility that I have stepped on someone's feelings without meaning to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh .... and I was making a CYA apology just in case I missed something. I can be hopelessly dense at times, so I never discount the possibility that I have stepped on someone's feelings without meaning to.

Guilty* as charged. :D

*meaning me

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.