The Bellisseria Riding Club

Celena Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe you should buy saddle and bridle there too. I thought I found something much cheaper, but the price was for only saddle and only bridle, and Teegle has both in her pack. I think she has stirrups in the pack too.

Already did when I bought the horse... 😉 Bought the Unicorn too at the FF. Along with textures and other goodies... LOL! Still havent unpacked both.  I also have the animesh & bento WH, one major thing I liked Teegle over WH animesh was I didnt need to have pathfinding on the sim enabled for the horse to wander.  👍

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

I visited both Water Horse and Teegale. And I think I am going with the Hanoverian Teegle (not sure name = the warmblood ) .  I liked the look best.  Plus I think someone said Teegle has swim animation so that be fun on one of our beaches. 

Are you all putting your horses out at your homes? I kinda want to .. even if it is just standing in a single stable. I'd like to find a nice small stall.

Or maybe I can find a fun place to board my horse.. I dunno just thinking.

However, I wont make Sunday's inaugural ride. RL stuff. Oh well.

I want to ride up into the hilly area and explore . 

Edited by Louminca
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Louminca said:

Hey everyone,

I visited both Water Horse and Teegale. And I think I am going with the Hanoverian Teegle (not sure name = the warmblood ) .  I liked the look best.  Plus I think someone said Teegle has swim animation so that be fun on one of our beaches. 

Are you all putting your horses out at your homes? I kinda want to .. even if it is just standing in a single stable. I'd like to find a nice small stall.

Or maybe I can find a fun place to board my horse.. I dunno just thinking.

However, I wont make Sunday's inaugural ride. RL stuff. Oh well.

I want to ride up into the hilly area and explore . 

I love the hano. 😃  Great choice!

I do have a horse out behind my house. Created a little area for it. Bit cramped(mainly because of my choice of stable), but as I want a little bit of a yard still, it'll have to do. I have it set to stationary though, as I don't want to mess with the wander radius, or potentially annoy my neighbors.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Teager said:

I recommend searching by "teeglepet", one word. That has been a pretty reliable search term for me :)

I have used that search term - most of what comes up is for the Avatar (I think "Teeglepet" will also bring up "Teegle" - MP trying to be smart, so it's okay.) :) 

To the thread: I should have my Teegle Horse Rezzer up tonight or tomorrow morning. So you can drive your car or ride your bicycle to my place and grab a horse, then come back and drive or ride back home (Because I allow rezzing with 10 minute AR) :D I'll post SLURL here when it's up. :)

And as a mini-update to my Water Horse / Teegle comparison: I am *really* loving my new Teegle. I want to say both are outstanding, quality products from wonderful, talented creators. Owning both and now intimately familiar with both, my recommendation, if you want an Animesh version, is to go with the Teegle for this reason alone: Equal quality for a lower price of approximately 3000L (about 1500L for no-copy version WITH forever updates AND redeliveries, plus budget yourself for 1500: for tack, etc, (if you want it,) and a new coat (skin)) whereas the Water Horse is 5000L (but you do get all the tack and multiple coats to choose from) - though if you're looking at the Water Horse Animesh version, the TeeglePet Animesh is only 1000L more and has all the (friends" features of the 12,000L Water Horse with the 90% same capabilities (Water Horse has the additional textures, for example).

Just saying.

Now if I could only remember to join this group when I'm in-world! Grrrr

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I love the hano. 😃  Great choice!

I do have a horse out behind my house. Created a little area for it. Bit cramped(mainly because of my choice of stable), but as I want a little bit of a yard still, it'll have to do. I have it set to stationary though, as I don't want to mess with the wander radius, or potentially annoy my neighbors.

I am going with Continental style home and planning to create the little rural mini ranch in the middle of suburbia, in classic "American Barnyard Red", of course. Like the little house in Pixar "Up". Hahaha. I'll put the rezzer out front so it can be seen from the road, also.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I am going with Continental style home and planning to create the little rural mini ranch in the middle of suburbia, in classic "American Barnyard Red", of course. Like the little house in Pixar "Up". Hahaha. I'll put the rezzer out front so it can be seen from the road, also.

I am currently using Adams, but might hop to Continental at some point. Continental would definitely leave more room, haha.

• Like 2

@Alyona Su I love the style your describing for your place . Yes, it is a bit of an rl trend to go agricultural as much as one can on their 1/4 acre suburban lot. Chickens  copes etc. 

Here in Bellisseria My neighbor has a perfect vegg garden. 

And Yes, I wouldnt mind if the club gave info & educate on small courtesies of being a good equestrian neighbor.  

I dont know if these horses set to roam etc will affect a sim in ways other animals did in the past??? Someone with tech smarts will have to share their opinion on "best pet practices " 😊 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

I am currently using Adams, but might hop to Continental at some point. Continental would definitely leave more room, haha.

Precisely!

36 minutes ago, Louminca said:

@Alyona Su I love the style your describing for your place . Yes, it is a bit of an rl trend to go agricultural as much as one can on their 1/4 acre suburban lot. Chickens  copes etc. 

Here in Bellisseria My neighbor has a perfect vegg garden. 

And Yes, I wouldnt mind if the club gave info & educate on small courtesies of being a good equestrian neighbor.  

I dont know if these horses set to roam etc will affect a sim in ways other animals did in the past??? Someone with tech smarts will have to share their opinion on "best pet practices " 😊 

Edification info is a great idea! As for the roaming bit: The Water Horse requires pathfinding (which is always enabled on LL regions) and may use a touch more script load that the Teegle version (which does not use pathfinding) - and I'm only guessing here. Before I got my LL home I had a giant 2048 parcel as a GTFO (SL cargo game) depot and had four Animesh NPC constantly walking around (uses pathfinding) and they had "listens" (always listen for a "hello" from someone) - and this is on mainland in Heterocera Atoll (known for creaky old simulators) and the truth is: I absolutely could not feel a thing, lag-wise.

But, like the Water Horse and Teegle, these are just animation - no real load at all. Breedables, on the other hand, ar constantly pinging off-world servers and all kinds of constant shenanigans going on so they can grow, starve, DIE. LOL

Hence, I genuinely believe rezzing as many as four or five will not make a dent in anyone's experience at all. Though, as stated above: it could be a bit crowded LOL

I plan to rezz two Teegles, one Lemon Drop (I think that's the name of that color LOL - side note: very fun skin names for TeeglePets) -  and a (I forget the name) Brown "Mustang-looking patterned" one and both are American Paint breed. I may rez the "Horse" version of the rezzer because it's beautiful. :)

But as someone who really does try hard to be a good neighbor, (Mainland or LL Home,) I genuinely do always pay close attention to any possible effect I may have on others. So, if I do chickens, I promise not to do Roosters (Illegal in RL because of morning crows at 5 AM LOL)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Teager said:

I recommend searching by "teeglepet", one word. That has been a pretty reliable search term for me :)

Quick question for you; is the personal Teegle horse resizeable in any way? My avatar is too tall to fit it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Quick question for you; is the personal Teegle horse resizeable in any way? My avatar is too tall to fit it.

Short answer: It is resizable (so is Water Horse). But in that case, perhaps a reevaluation of your size may be in order? Just saying! LOL

However, for the rez-and-ride, there is an adjust menu so you can firmly plant your derriere onto the horse's back or saddle. For the wearable version, your avatar height will affect whether the hooves float or not, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I have used that search term - most of what comes up is for the Avatar (I think "Teeglepet" will also bring up "Teegle" - MP trying to be smart, so it's okay.) :) 

I actually believe it's the other way around: searching "Teegle" brings up both avatar and animesh, but "Teeglepet" brings up only animesh as long as you make it one word. Maybe it's the skins that are confusing you? Skins actually work for both the avatar and the animesh :)

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The animesh is not resizable, which is a LL restriction. Vir Linden and his team are working right now on a way to use shape mechanics on animesh, but until then it's one size fits all. The three current breeds are all different sizes, though. Try the unicorn, which is the tallest of the three!

Looking forward to trail riding with you guys! I'll see if I can bring some people along Sunday :)

Edited by Teager
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Teager said:

I actually believe it's the other way around: searching "Teegle" brings up both avatar and animesh, but "Teeglepet" brings up only animesh as long as you make it one word. Maybe it's the skins that are confusing you? Skins actually work for both the avatar and the animesh

It's the old ones that are using all the keywords they can to get it to show up but have almost zero description. (For example, I bought a "Warpaint" tattoo, went to use it, got an error "You must wear Tattoo layer" (which I know what it means, as I have a JOMO avatar LOL) - but it was only 75L so no loss.

I do know one creator of a *very pricey* product I've purchased makes the recommendation that aftermarket creators use a specific keyword to indicate compatibility. It works awesome LOL. So I was just suggesting since there are very few aftermarkets for it yet (I role-play Apache Native American in Wild West sims, so on the lookout for this stuff. Did find the Native Bridle and the "just rez and link" auto-placement? LOVE. IT. (Manually adding that to my WH was a 15-minute process LOL.)

Need *FEATHERS* Moar, plz. Hahahah

• Like 1

I like the Teeglepet so much that I consider getting them for one or two alts. Because the price is so low. And if I am waiting a bit (I don't use the alts so much) I am sure there will be cheaper products like tacks and bridles made for them by others. It's so new still, but creators will follow up.

It's so cheap now because it's beta, I am sure the prize will rise. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to announce NEW Teegle Horse Rezzer for any who want to go horseback riding and dunnahaveone. :) (And one that also wanders about LOL)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rockham/198/138/26

Don't mind the super-simplicity of things, I'm still decorating and experimenting with stuffs. :)

OH, and my place is public rezzing (with a driveway) so you can also rez your car and other things, too.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 9

On 5/23/2019 at 4:03 AM, curvyblacklez said:

Our first ride is scheduled for Sunday @2pm SLT.

Slurl will be posted Friday morning in the BRC group inworld.

I've been looking for organised rides on the Grid all week. This is going to be awesomesauce. xo 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

I've been looking for organised rides on the Grid all week. This is going to be awesomesauce. xo 

I have to say that when I first glanced at your profile pic next to your message, I thought it was Tubbs from Neko Atsume. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Short answer: It is resizable (so is Water Horse). But in that case, perhaps a reevaluation of your size may be in order? Just saying! LOL

However, for the rez-and-ride, there is an adjust menu so you can firmly plant your derriere onto the horse's back or saddle. For the wearable version, your avatar height will affect whether the hooves float or not, etc.

Our water horse wearable bento aren't re-sizable even tho there are certain modes for warm bloods (reindeer).  The larger horse is the draft. Either an English style or western. The animesh at last test were not re-sizable (animesh is rigged mesh avatars so the rigging default will be the size. Using a resizer will still snap them back to the original size unless it uses prim combinations and is not true rigged mesh). 

The mesh bento type use sub skeletal positions of your avatar. Hopefully this will change in future updates of the skeletal system. 

When you change your body measurements, the core of the WH will not change, however over exaggerations and stretch the length of the front legs some whate, but no you can't change the body size ect in that manner. The mesh of the horse doesn't work that way and must be kept at specific sizing for attachments an animations. 

Edited by anthonytorino

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

Our water horse wearable bento aren't re-sizable even tho there are certain modes for warm bloods (reindeer).  The larger horse is the draft. Either an English style or western. The animesh at last test were not re-sizable (animesh is rigged mesh avatars so the rigging default will be the size. Using a resizer will still snap them back to the original size unless it uses prim combinations and is not true rigged mesh). 

The mesh bento type use sub skeletal positions of your avatar. Hopefully this will change in future updates of the skeletal system. 

When you change your body measurements, the core of the WH will not change, however over exaggerations and stretch the length of the front legs some whate, but no you can't change the body size ect in that manner. The mesh of the horse doesn't work that way and must be kept at specific sizing for attachments an animations. 

Thank you for clarifying. I did rez and resize, biut it was such a little andjustment that I may not have noticed it "snap back" to original when wearing (I have both: Bento Wearable and Animesh Freinds and was experimenting). Fortunately I have a "decent-sized" (read: reslistic LOL) so I fit pretty good on it (as well as most other vegicles) :)

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have to say that when I first glanced at your profile pic next to your message, I thought it was Tubbs from Neko Atsume. xD

Oh that image is just too "me in a nutshell". Had to use it on forums, there was no other way. lols xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.