The Bellisseria Riding Club

Celena Mercury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

that makes a lot of sense about the uphill issues - notice the waterhorse group chat has been disabled since the release of the new animesh version, it was open for a year or more prior, the excuse they give is that they dont have enough staff to constantly moderate the chat...  which is rubbish very few if any group chats are constantly moderated, and it did quite fine not being moderated prior to it being closed, they are having at least this issue with the horses, and maybe many more and dont want everyone discussing it, which is very poor given they built up the new product in that exact same group chat while it was open, then close it once there is problems.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hollywood46 said:

they are having at least this issue with the horses, and maybe many more

This is true, icluding how *badly* they drive. (control) as a rez-and-ride: horroble - anything faster than a walk become unweildy, and anything faster than a trot is all but untterly *undoable*. Even the TeeglePet rez-and-ride is a little tricky, but far, fsr better than Water Horse in that aspect. Water Horse is a good product, but with the Animesh version, the only genuine benefits are that it looks better and is a single attachment, otherwise the Bento wearable is a better option.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Monique Bellambi said:

I bought a ABC horse recently since I wanted to get back into racing and possibly breeding. I tried riding around yesterday and now I remember why I stopped! Animations are not good at all.  Has anyone ridden amaretto horse? I just want a fantasy horse to ride around.

I don't know anything about those horses, but there is a unicorn version of the Teegle horse you might want to check out. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Monique Bellambi said:

I bought a ABC horse recently since I wanted to get back into racing and possibly breeding. I tried riding around yesterday and now I remember why I stopped! Animations are not good at all.  Has anyone ridden amaretto horse? I just want a fantasy horse to ride around.

Aren't those breeder (money-sink) horses? The breeders are designed for sucking as much money out of you as possible breeding, riding is an afterthought add-on ability.

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't know anything about those horses, but there is a unicorn version of the Teegle horse you might want to check out. 

Ditto this. Also, Water Horse makes a Bento-Wearable and an Animesh wearable/rezzable Unicorn, also (I have all three, I vote TeeglePet for best value.)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Dodderi Haifisch said:

Unfortunately Bellisseria itself does not seem to have clearly signed long distance riding routes.

OTOH, Belli is a continuous network of roads and trails, a nearly endless riding route.  I use the map as my guide.  The only exceptions are the borders to Campwich (camper regions that were recently released), some of which don't have clean hookups yet to Belli's road system (e.g. Porthole <->Campwich Forest).  

Were I to do a guided ride, I would take a picture of the map and mark the intended route in red.  There are a few regions ... around Oldridge? ... that have a really neat elevated path.  But my strongest recommendation is to ride through Campwich, because all paths are dirt and often twisty, not terribly well suited for cars but perfect for horses. You could start at the big lodge in Campwich Forest, there are a couple of paths that go over a hill and into Campwich proper.   [Riders might want to walk up the hill and ride the towline while waiting for everyone to gather, whee!] Charming little bridges.  Note that along the western edge of Campwich, about one sim in, there's a line where the water level transitions from 30M (inside of Campwich) to 20M (the rest of Belli).  I mention this because there are lovely waterfalls along that N/S line.

Note that, at the SE corner of Campwich, it meets new land where the regions haven't even been named.  Great place for a gallop!  You could gather again at the new, not-quite-built train station down there :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
west is not east
  • Like 7

On 10/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, Nika Talaj said:

OTOH, Belli is a continuous network of roads and trails, a nearly endless riding route.  I use the map as my guide.  The only exceptions are the borders to Campwich (camper regions that were recently released), some of which don't have clean hookups yet to Belli's road system (e.g. Porthole <->Campwich Forest).  

Were I to do a guided ride, I would take a picture of the map and mark the intended route in red.  There are a few regions ... around Oldridge? ... that have a really neat elevated path.  But my strongest recommendation is to ride through Campwich, because all paths are dirt and often twisty, not terribly well suited for cars but perfect for horses. You could start at the big lodge in Campwich Forest, there are a couple of paths that go over a hill and into Campwich proper.   [Riders might want to walk up the hill and ride the towline while waiting for everyone to gather, whee!] Charming little bridges.  Note that along the western edge of Campwich, about one sim in, there's a line where the water level transitions from 30M (inside of Campwich) to 20M (the rest of Belli).  I mention this because there are lovely waterfalls along that N/S line.

Note that, at the SE corner of Campwich, it meets new land where the regions haven't even been named.  Great place for a gallop!  You could gather again at the new, not-quite-built train station down there :)

Thank you Nika for your helpful comments.

BRC will ride from the Boat rezz at Campwich Lodge, Bellisseria, today, Sunday at 1pm slt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.