The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Odaks said:
3 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

They should do this with pictures as they have done the older Linden Lab Homes.

If you haven't already found this page, you will find full information and some pictures of the new homes and houseboats here:-

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

Just like, some people need menus with pictures of the food!

EC4DB326-AF20-4924-BEC5-95DD09099F4D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

in addition to what has been replied I hope that Linden Labs will break down the "Houseboat" and "Traditional" to:

LH - Traditional - Winchester
LH - Traditional - Alderley
LH - Traditional - Continental

LH - Houseboat - Windlass 16 X 64
LH - Houseboat - Wallower 32 X 32
LH - Houseboat - Evening Star 16 X 64

As those are the builds I see in one of the districts. They should do this with pictures as they have done the older Linden Lab Homes.

Awe gee, more work more wait eh?

There is a Preview SIM to see all 4 models of each of the 2 styles.  Once you are lucky enough to get a Houseboat or a Traditional you can use the mailbox (or life preserver) to select one of 4 styles and you can change as often as you wish.

please check your Notifications (bell symbol) at the top of this page and you will find that your complaints have already been addressed and responded to. 🙃 Read the news and you will know the news!

• Like 3

Someone had stated there was like 60k Premium users, and to house all 60k users, would cause a lot of problems on the grid. Look I am totally fine with first come first serve, as the new Linden Homes, are coming in phases. Yeah, it may take time, but I would rather them take their time and put together something nice. Rather than them feeling rushed, and the sims and the houses give off that appearance of being rushed. As I said on another thread, please be patient. You will get your house in time, as they start to roll out the newer phases of Linden Homes. Also, they are gonna be adding more styles, so I am pretty pumped to see what they have up their sleeve for this next phase.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Someone had stated there was like 60k Premium users, and to house all 60k users, would cause a lot of problems on the grid. Look I am totally fine with first come first serve, as the new Linden Homes, are coming in phases. Yeah, it may take time, but I would rather them take their time and put together something nice. Rather than them feeling rushed, and the sims and the houses give off that appearance of being rushed. As I said on another thread, please be patient. You will get your house in time, as they start to roll out the newer phases of Linden Homes. Also, they are gonna be adding more styles, so I am pretty pumped to see what they have up their sleeve for this next phase.

In reality there are far less individual premium accounts. Many are premium on a persons multiple accounts. THey shoudl limit the number an individual can aquire on same cards until the allotment catches up. But in reality far less had actual linden homes prior many were empty. 

1 minute ago, anthonytorino said:

In reality there are far less individual premium accounts. Many are premium on a persons multiple accounts. THey shoudl limit the number an individual can aquire on same cards until the allotment catches up. But in reality far less had actual linden homes prior many were empty. 

I totally understand that, but I think someone stated that some people had got a house, and then had some significant RL things to do. We really don't know why they left it empty, there are so many reasons as to why. That being said, I think it should be one premium account per IP address. If they have like 10 annual premium accounts, that is like $720.99 per year, and that would get really expensive. Like it's fine to have 1 account as Premium but to have more than that, seems kinda absurd really.

• Confused 1

I surely thank all of you for the links you added above I shall view\read them. I as a Premium Second Life member I never see links like this in my emails. If they are sent they elude my box certainly. I have however received a warning for a moderator so I decline to replay any further. Except - If I was harsh in my comments that is just how I see things. Please if anyone was overtly offended please if you can I ask you to forgive me.

As said in my profile I am a collector and I shall continue to collect the wonderful most interesting content Second Life Builders make. I love the parcel I am reanting. I NEVER even knew about the new Premium houses. Never was I aware how they worked. Advanced member feeling rather noobish now, which I suspect is good for me.

God Bless you all and may Linden Labs Second Life prosper in it's endeavors. As said above this is my LAST reply.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I totally understand that, but I think someone stated that some people had got a house, and then had some significant RL things to do. We really don't know why they left it empty, there are so many reasons as to why. That being said, I think it should be one premium account per IP address. If they have like 10 annual premium accounts, that is like $720.99 per year, and that would get really expensive. Like it's fine to have 1 account as Premium but to have more than that, seems kinda absurd really.

There are many reasons one might want more than one premium account. In my case, I use the land allowance (and stipend) to do things on Mainland, like house the Bay City History Pavilion which is there for the public's use. I can't imagine why it would be a smart idea to tell someone they cannot support SL with additional memberships if the person is inclined to do so for whatever reason.

https://secondlife.com/destination/bay-city-history-pavilion

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Added link to Destination Guide
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There are many reasons one might want more than one premium account. In my case, I use the land allowance (and stipend) to do things on Mainland, like house the Bay City History Pavilion which is there for the public's use. I can't imagine why it would be a smart idea to tell someone they cannot support SL with additional memberships if the person is inclined to do so for whatever reason.

Well here is an idea, maybe have two different types of premium accounts. So for people who want multiple accounts on one premium account, maybe have the ability to have more land, and maybe the ability to have more groups, and majorly discounted land prices. It would be called the Business Premium account, so people like you can have multiple pieces of land, on mainland. Whereas the personal premium account would be 1 IP per premium account, and you get the same things as you did before.

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I suppose, though I don't see the problem with the way they have it set up now.

I do unless you have a legitimate reason to own like 10 premium accounts, like in your case. And are not just collecting premium accounts, just to say you have a premium account. It's kinda like people who add a tonne of friends, rarely talk to them, but just keep on collecting friends. I get it's nice to have multiple premium accounts, like say you run a business or have a personal and business premium. Again like in your case, you have your personal, everyday use premium, and then you have what sounds like a business premium, where you run the museum out of.

26 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I'm sorry but that the same as asking me and my husband, both premium accounts, to acquire only one home because we both live in the same household.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I do unless you have a legitimate reason to own like 10 premium accounts, like in your case. And are not just collecting premium accounts, just to say you have a premium account. It's kinda like people who add a tonne of friends, rarely talk to them, but just keep on collecting friends. I get it's nice to have multiple premium accounts, like say you run a business or have a personal and business premium. Again like in your case, you have your personal, everyday use premium, and then you have what sounds like a business premium, where you run the museum out of.

But what is the problem, exactly, with someone having more than one premium account? How is it doing anything other than helping all of SL by providing additional financial support for the business? Who exactly is being harmed by it?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kaylee Romano said:

I'm sorry but that the same as asking me and my husband, both premium accounts, to acquire only one home because we both live in the same household.  

That wasn't the point, but okay. I was just stating that for one person, there doesn't need to be like 10 accounts on premium. Also, to my knowledge, each computer gets its own personal IP on the Network, so it wouldn't stop you and your husband from having your own premium account.

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

But what is the problem, exactly, with someone having more than one premium account? How is it doing anything other than helping all of SL by providing additional financial support for the business? Who exactly is being harmed by it?

I am not exactly saying it's a problem, I am just stating that people who collect premium on multiple accounts, just to say they have premium and gain all the perks from premium. Seems to be me illegitimate. You may disagree with me, and that's fine. We all have a difference of opinion. I am not gonna tell you that you are wrong for how you think because guess what. We are totally different people.

11 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

That wasn't the point, but okay. I was just stating that for one person, there doesn't need to be like 10 accounts on premium. Also, to my knowledge, each computer gets its own personal IP on the Network, so it wouldn't stop you and your husband from having your own premium account.

I am not exactly saying it's a problem, I am just stating that people who collect premium on multiple accounts, just to say they have premium and gain all the perks from premium. Seems to be me illegitimate. You may disagree with me, and that's fine. We all have a difference of opinion. I am not gonna tell you that you are wrong for how you think because guess what. We are totally different people.

OK, you still have not explained why exactly it is "illegitimate" or who is being harmed by the extra financial support some of us give to SL. It sounds like you just plain don't like it but can't articulate why that is. 

No worries, I have no intention of changing my evil ways. ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Like it's fine to have 1 account as Premium but to have more than that, seems kinda absurd really.

It seems to me that it is better to have alts be premium, rather than just basic accounts.  With them being premium, they are helping support LL just like the main account.  Whether it makes sense to pay the premium fee for more than 1 account is up to each person. For some it may be worth it (with the land allowance and weekly stipend), for others it may not make sense at all.  But to say that people should be limited to one premium alt sounds kind of absurd, in my opinion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

As said above this is my LAST reply.

You opened this thread with a bit of a nuclear attack. Not surprisingly, you got a big one back! Please don't forget that this is a users' forum; we do not manage Linden labs. We can often be helpful, sarcastic, humorous, elated or even sympathetic, but we can't directly solve all the problems that can occur.

Your humble apology, (possibly a little overdue!) has however not gone amiss in my eyes - thank you!

Don't give up! Come back with some of that (network?) knowledge you must have. I'm sure you could be a valuable contributor to appropriate areas of this forum.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I am not exactly saying it's a problem, I am just stating that people who collect premium on multiple accounts, just to say they have premium and gain all the perks from premium. Seems to be me illegitimate.

I cannot see how any account that is being paid for , even if the account holder has several other paid accounts ....are in any way illegitimate.  Any account being PAID for, has the right to the premium perks.   This is a weird thing to even be arguing about.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Like it's fine to have 1 account as Premium but to have more than that, seems kinda absurd really.

It matters not one iota who owns premium accounts, in relation to this matter.

The issue is simply about whether LL should have done the numbers first, and provided sufficient homes in the first instance. That topic has been thrashed to death already in umpteen posts elsewhere.

If you're simply suggesting that its unfair that somebody can afford extra accounts, its time to join the real world. That's life!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.