What is the best mesh head for maitreya body?

Emily Seorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/8/2022 at 5:30 AM, Marianne Little said:

I suspect that is what happened with your brows. Many creators has started to use the tattoo layer for all facial products. The common thing is to use the default skin for the body, and use a tattoo layer for the face. Less work and cheap when they make a new face, they pay for only one upload.

So if you click "wear", you remove the first face layer made for EvoX. You have to use "add" religiously when you want to use several layers. And also stick to the EvoX products if you started with a EvoX skin.

I wasn't a fan of this to begin with. I felt that the skin should be the whole skin. I still prefer this, as it puts everything on the one (skin) layer. But I've slowly become a fan of tattoo layer head skins. Usually these skins have a blending layer that extends down to the shoulders/collarbone area. It can make it possible to use an older body skin with an HD face skin without the Frankensteinian neck seam.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 6:57 PM, Cali Souther said:

I have tried LeLutka, Catwa and Genus - and I still get the neck line.   I can get it to go away with some windlight/eep settings, but it shows up even worse with others.

I've taken everything off,  put things back on very carefully using BOM - and it goes away - only to come back at some point for reasons I don't understand.

I have given up.  I wear a lot of chokers now.

Best of luck!!!!!

Cali, I've found this to be either a body or skin issue. Either the neck fix needs to be the opposite of whatever you have it set to, or the skin is older and always had that seam. There are other possibilities, such as body shine not matching head shine or a tattoo layer tat that has a subtle darkening to it.

Obviously, fiddling with the neck seam is the easiest fix. Also make sure you have the latest version of your body. iirc, I had trouble with this issue once that boiled down to an outdated body.

Grabbing a demo skin that has tattoo layers with a blending area, like I described in my last post in this thread, can help you narrow things down from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Cali, I've found this to be either a body or skin issue. Either the neck fix needs to be the opposite of whatever you have it set to, or the skin is older and always had that seam. There are other possibilities, such as body shine not matching head shine or a tattoo layer tat that has a subtle darkening to it.

Obviously, fiddling with the neck seam is the easiest fix. Also make sure you have the latest version of your body. iirc, I had trouble with this issue once that boiled down to an outdated body.

Grabbing a demo skin that has tattoo layers with a blending area, like I described in my last post in this thread, can help you narrow things down from there.

Thank you!!! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. I want to thank everyone for helping me through this "avatar self-esteem" issue. I was using the Sasha head but I felt that she had a resting b**** face, so now I use Lelutka Erin. I bought a bunch of other demos, but I'm scared to try them after taking so long to fix myself in the first place.

2. I have a Lara 5.3 body.  My current issue is that I LOVE these jeans, but I can alpha myself, and move my butt shape around all day long, but this crotch area won't budge. I have been wearing other jeans under them, so it's fine. But, is this a design issue or did I screw something up?

3. I bought a "V". I don't plan on "using" it, but it still kind of bothers me that I can't figure it out. When I watch YouTube videos on it, they're saying "oh hey see, it's easy". Oof. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on this?

658182702_currentme.thumb.png.d4f4a4403ac40bee253cc0c0c6c10f39.png

pants problem.png

Edited by Halo Fatale
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Halo Fatale said:

2. I have a Lara 5.3 body.  My current issue is that I LOVE these jeans, but I can alpha myself, and move my butt shape around all day long, but this crotch area won't budge. I have been wearing other jeans under them, so it's fine. But, is this a design issue or did I screw something up?

Make sure you aren't wearing the BoM add on parts with that area selected in the Add On parts HUD you only need to use that if you are wearing just a system layer on your bottom half and need to 'smooth' away your bum crack etc. to look like mesh clothes would

• Like 3

No need to be afraid of experimenting. Save your current look as an Outfit. You can change everything then wear the Outfit to restore your look. This is the way SL was designed to work.

There is a gotcha. If you use appliers, there is a problem. Appliers place a texture on the head or body. The Outfit system knows how to save the head or body. It doesn't know about appliers nor can it restore or remove a texture that has been applied. In those cases we use a copy of the body or head and save the copy as part of the Outfit.

Use a different copy of the body or head in the next outfit.

BOM is much easier and less confusing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Make sure you aren't wearing the BoM add on parts with that area selected in the Add On parts HUD you only need to use that if you are wearing just a system layer on your bottom half and need to 'smooth' away your bum crack etc. to look like mesh clothes would

Removing add-ons totally worked, thanks!

I did try and experiment today with some different heads. I think I'm spoiled by the Lelutka heads because the HUD is so helpful, especially to switch on/off the evo v evox versions. The heads I tried on today, I KNOW the evo v evox switch was my issue, but there was no HUD to fix it.

Random thought: When I bought the Lara body, it had the 3.1 version included, does this by chance support evo heads? I'm just curious as to why it would have been included.

Edited by Halo Fatale
  • Like 1

LeLutka's "Origins" family of heads (which predate Evo and Evo X) were purposely made for Maitreya Lara. There are no neck join lines, it's seamless.

LeLutka Origins heads are BOM compatible. LeLutka Origins heads can alternatively use legacy system skins or use applier skins.

LeLutka Origins heads are supplied with 12 applier skins on its HUD, these facial skins were made by Glam Affair.  Maitreya Lara body skins are also made by Glam Affair and match the head's supplied facial skins perfectly.

Evo X skins are not compatible with Origins heads.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

On 5/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, Jules Catlyn said:

I love LAQ heads. They offer a nice variety at a lower price yet still enough skin and make-up options available.

What happened to LAQ or am I just out of the loop. Any new heads?

I rarely use my Maitreya Body, it is so much bother with the update and to me the shoulders never look right. Advice on heads is grab demos and some coffee and try them all on. Be sure to search Marketplace too . The neck seam is an issue for us all but I am normally in [7DS] skins , they have a neck fix that really does eliminate the neck fix for , one to match every tone of skin in their line. Some even work for me on other skins. Ak-Creations has a sale going on currently, all new heads for 1800L. I have been using them alot lately. BUT Genus has a free head in the store that is really worth looking at.  Happy shopping !

18 minutes ago, Halo Fatale said:

So the 3.1 v the 5.3 are no different in regards to heads? Do you possibly know why the 3.1 was included in the sale when I bought the 5.3?

No difference with the neck fitting different heads.  What is different and why the old version was included is the way applier layers are managed.  With the old, applier layers are already installed in the body.  With 5.3, you can add those additional layers or not.  Since my body is totally BOM, I don't wear any of the extra layers.  If you use an applier for skin, tattoos, etc, you'll need to add those extra layers.

ETA.  Most newer items don't even include body appliers.  System layers or tattoo layers are all that is needed with BOM.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

On 5/23/2022 at 1:45 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

LeLutka's "Origins" family of heads (which predate Evo and Evo X) were purposely made for Maitreya Lara. There are no neck join lines, it's seamless.

LeLutka Origins heads are BOM compatible. LeLutka Origins heads can alternatively use legacy system skins or use applier skins.

LeLutka Origins heads are supplied with 12 applier skins on its HUD, these facial skins were made by Glam Affair.  Maitreya Lara body skins are also made by Glam Affair and match the head's supplied facial skins perfectly.

Evo X skins are not compatible with Origins heads.

Are you suggesting the OP should get an old, outdated head? 

No, no, no. 

The Lelutka Evo/ EvoX heads work just fine with Maitreya.  Do not get a Lelutka Origins head.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The latest v5.3 Maitreya built in skins uses Glam Affair's newer skin tones. there's enough difference between my "arctic" tone and the closest newer tone BoM skin i was grateful a pack of BoM skins in older tones was also included

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Are you suggesting the OP should get an old, outdated head? 

No, no, no. 

The Lelutka Evo/ EvoX heads work just fine with Maitreya.  Do not get a Lelutka Origins head.

I would never suggest not getting an Origin Head. If BoM is the issue all the Origins heads are BoM compatible you can toggle it in the HUD, the pack of 'Evo' BoM cosmetic enhancements included in the Evo/EvoX heads work just fine on my origin head. If the OP prefers the look of an Orign head over an Evo/X head by all means go for it

• Like 2

All a matter of preference I suppose. I don’t feel there’s anything wrong with the Origins line. I’m still wearing my Chloe bento v3.4 after all this time. 🙃 I tried evo/x and I just wasn’t a fan of it. Echoing earlier statements: demo, demo, demo!

I have no neck issue with my lelutka Evo X and Maitreya 5.3 body. There is a setting/tab in the Maitreya HUD with two options, each with two settings. Try showing that and then flicking between the four shown. One will be the right neck size fix for you and voila, no seam (assuming you are using a matching head BoM and body skin BoM from the same shop. I like TheSkinnery and Sessions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Keya Charisma spent some time in game with me, and I am so grateful for her help. I had bought an Implode head and I almost gave up. (Once I actually got it on, found out it wasn't "the one" so got another type). Feeling so accomplished. Next step: figure out makeup. I only have one little issue. I have two eyebrows and I cant figure out how to fix it. I fiddled with all the eyebrow settings, played with appliers, etc. Ignore the pajamas.

currently.thumb.png.5507bed60473eddc95cd14baf96b7c3f.png

eyebrows.png

Edited by Halo Fatale
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Halo Fatale said:

... I only have one little issue. I have two eyebrows and I cant figure out how to fix it. I fiddled with all the eyebrow settings, played with appliers, etc. Ignore the pajamas.

Heads that use BOM skin can be tricky.

Turn off brows in the head's HUD. If you still have brows showing then those are on the skin. You'll have to look to the skin settings or styles to remove those brows. Once you remove those you will know which brows are from where and can switch between whichever works for you.

• Like 2

Not all skins come with a no brow option although most seem to do so.  The one I'm currently wearing was a group gift with no brow options at all.  Check the folder for your head skin.  It might say B or NB or WB.  They all name them differently.  Brow, No Brow, With Brow.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.