being blocked from a destination

JessieNguyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, JessieNguyen said:

i was blocked from a destination. how to stop being blocked?

There are many reasons you are blocked.  Avatar age, destination moved, you did something wrong at the destination and were banned..  and many other reasons.  What message did you get?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JessieNguyen said:

"Cannot enter parcel, you have been banned"

well that happens, land owners can ban you for any reason.  My guess is you are only 4 days old and it could be a place that wants avatars over a certain age.  Good news is, there are 1000's of places to go in SL.  Have fun, explore

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just minding my own business, looking at home sites, looking for a new land to rent, and I got blocked from land search!  Why was I blocked from a mere land search?  I am NOT a young whipper snapper, and I met no one to be rude to.  So what gives?  More importantly.....how do I get UNblocked??????  And in spite of what this post says, I am NOT a newbie.  I have been a member of 2nd Life for 11 years, 5 months!!!

Edited by igraine Blackadder

2 hours ago, igraine Blackadder said:

I am NOT a newbie. 

yes you are a newbie here, you have not enough posts to step off the newbie rank :)

2 hours ago, igraine Blackadder said:

looking at home sites,

looking for a new land to rent, and

I got blocked from land search!  Why was I blocked from a mere land search?

I have been a member of 2nd Life for 11 years, 5 months!!!

were you actually using search ór visiting lands/estates to look?... minor detail but big difference.
In the last case you have a big chance people don't like visitors and you got blocked.

If you got blocked from the search tool, you need viewer help.

For your age you could know that owners can ban you for any or none reason.

(asked to move your question , has nothing to do with Lindens)

• Like 2

This might happen even if you were following a Search result.  I have gotten so many "false positive" results from the websearch "land and rentals" function lately.  A parcel will be shown as "for sale".  I'll teleport there, and the parcel is NOT for sale, and someone's living there.  If they've got a security orb and it's set to eject and ban, there you are.

• Like 2

I got kicked and banned while looking for rental land a while back. I messaged the owner to ask why, and it turns out it was because of my profile. My profile says I'm Truth Hawk's mistress and a "hardcore Gorean" and she didn't want that sort of person living on her land. Obviously, those things in my profile aren't true, Gor is misogynistic and Truth isn't that silly, but people can make judgments based on what is in your profile and be unwelcoming as a result.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Obviously, those things in my profile aren't true,

but people can make judgments based on what is in your profile and be unwelcoming as a result.

if you state those things in your profile it's not people making judgements, your profile is your personal advertisement.. if it's not correct, change it?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

if you state those things in your profile it's not people making judgements, your profile is your personal advertisement.. if it's not correct, change it?

Bingo!

5 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Mine certainly is not. It's more a collection of memories than anything else.

It most certainly is - like it or not, what you say in your profile is the first impression others will get of you. If that's not 'advertisement', then what is?

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

How is it obvious?  Do you think people are mind-readers?  Why do you imagine that telling lies about yourself is helpful?

It is obvious that common sense is not common, case-in-point: that to which you reply. :D

• Like 2

So people are judgemental, if they assume your profile says stuff about yourself. Okay.

Its interesting, your wording sounds like you assume it would be obvious for people to see, that the things you state in your profile aren't true. The landlord may not know who Truth Hawks is and there is no visible 'taint' on people, that indicates that they enjoy roleplaying in Gor.

While I personally would also say the landlord in question is judgemental, its not because she thought the things in your profile were the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

So people are judgemental, if they assume your profile says stuff about yourself. Okay.

Its interesting, your wording sounds like you assume it would be obvious for people to see, that the things you state in your profile aren't true. The landlord may not know who Truth Hawks is and there is no visible 'taint' on people, that indicates that they enjoy roleplaying in Gor.

While I personally would also say the landlord in question is judgemental, its not because she thought the things in your profile were the truth.

I would guess people judge based on how “likely” the stuff in your profile is. For instance, if I put “I’m a pretty princess” (I’m male), or “I am the perfect model of a modern major-general” (musical lyric), people would let it pass. 

Whereas, putting a “lie that could be true” could go either way.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

I got kicked and banned while looking for rental land a while back. I messaged the owner to ask why, and it turns out it was because of my profile. My profile says I'm Truth Hawk's mistress and a "hardcore Gorean" and she didn't want that sort of person living on her land. Obviously, those things in my profile aren't true, Gor is misogynistic and Truth isn't that silly, but people can make judgments based on what is in your profile and be unwelcoming as a result.

People make all kinds of silly threats because of my profile because they think I visited their land to steal tenants from them when in actual fact I'm usually visiting a place because the land is set for sale or they posted on the forums and I want to see where they are.

17 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Since this hasn't been brought up: I was banned from land search temporarily for something like doing too many searches or along the lines of that. I gave it a few minutes and was able to continue searching, maybe that is what happened to you @igraine Blackadder

I have had that happen to me as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.