Just a question, "inappropriate" reaction to a post

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, KanryDrago said:

As I got the impression the post Luna made of the picture was a reply to my post I assumed yours naturally to be a follow up. Your caption mentions a he....of course I will assume its therefore aimed at me

Nope, but it sounds like a fair assumption. I was only commenting on the guy in the picture. No clue why Luna posted it.

2 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Your definition said weak spots should be protected sorry I disagree that way you get people like a new hire we just got from university who bursts into tears if anyone disagrees with him. Perhaps we shouldn't by your definition and then implement what he is wrong about and let the company go to the wall when the software doesnt work properly? After all his weak spots need to be protected. Its all the safe space crap we hear about in universities that leads to people being like that

I'm referring more to private spaces...like with our families...or maybe even this forum.

I would try not to trigger someone who had a weak spot if I knew it existed.

• Sad 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope, but it sounds like a fair assumption. I was only commenting on the guy in the picture. No clue why Luna posted it.

Fair enough then, its not always easy to read intent from text. So apologies for the crossed wires

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm referring more to private spaces...like with our families...or maybe even this forum.

Easily triggered people frankly should avoid forums as they are usually robust in their discussions or at least accept they will be triggered often. 

I have to put in my 2 cents and add that the tone, civility etc of the forum is vastly improved since the days when my first av used to dabble here.  Ya'll might get a tad bit contentious now and then but seems like most of the trolls have gone to greener pastures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Well then we are talking about different things. You are talking about people with weak spots, I am talking about people who are bulls in a China shop. Sometimes they need to moderate their abusive language, even if they don’t like hearing that they do.

And I am suggesting that people who send messages and those who receive them both need to pay attention to the language used. There's little point in deliberately baiting someone by using charged language, and there's little to be gained by being overly sensitive to everything that's typed here.  When I type a message, my moderator is in my head -- my mother's voice telling me to bite my tongue.  When I read a message that annoys me, I step back mentally and ask myself whether I'm reading more into it than was intended.  If not, and I'm still annoyed, I still wonder whether I care enough about the person's opinion to make it worth escalating a war of words.  It usually isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Easily triggered people frankly should avoid forums as they are usually robust in their discussions or at least accept they will be triggered often. 

Maybe. However I'd hate to drive away the most sensitive people who have a lot to contribute.

Maybe. However I'd hate to drive away the most sensitive people who have a lot to contribute.

hmmm weren't you asked by several people quite politely on a previous thread to stop posting religous style derails on threads and keep the faith based stuff to threads where the topic implied religion. Remind me what your response was? Oh yes you declined. So much for being sensitive to others.

People who tend to take up too much space actually feel they have too little space inside. They haven't felt enough of the pain they need to feel. Instead, they deny their pain and trample over others who express vulnerabilities as a way to keep from feeling past pain.

"Boys Don't Cry" says it all.

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

hmmm weren't you asked by several people quite politely on a previous thread to stop posting religous style derails on threads and keep the faith based stuff to threads where the topic implied religion. Remind me what your response was? Oh yes you declined. So much for being sensitive to others.

Did that drive away a lot of sensitive people? I wasn't aware that a couple spiritual discussions had such an impact.

Did that drive away a lot of sensitive people? I wasn't aware that a couple spiritual discussions had such an impact.

I didn't claim it did, I was merely pointing out its you saying we have to be sensitive about what others want and pointing out when it suited you to not be sensitive to others. Maybe you did drive some away who knows its an impossible thing to prove. It certainly moved some(where some is 1 or more) to just put you on block

Just now, KanryDrago said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I didn't claim it did, I was merely pointing out its you saying we have to be sensitive about what others want and pointing out when it suited you to not be sensitive to others. Maybe you did drive some away who knows its an impossible thing to prove. It certainly moved some(where some is 1 or more) to just put you on block

I'm talking about when people would actually be hurt...that's when we should be sensitive to their needs.

Were you hurt when we continued to talk about Yoga?

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
43 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Boys-Dont-Cry.jpg

So sad..I never saw it until once a couple years ago with my Trans ministry,

It is...and happened not too far away from where I lived in RL at the time..

I strongly believe it to be the source of all pain in life...and the reason we're on a crash course with disaster....this need to be strong and ignore our vulnerabilities...and this is especially driven into boys/men through socialization.

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I bet he’s a good mansplainer, too.

So you are accusing me of sexism,  back it up with a quote or explain to the forum you were mistaken. Typical of you to aim for tarring the poster with some undeserved epithet rather than engaging with the argument but then its what the forum has come to expect from you

I totally read that comment as pertaining only to the guy in the picture.... though I may be wrong there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I totally read that comment as pertaining only to the guy in the picture.... though I may be wrong there.

We have sorted that out now littleme, I read it a different way but Love and I discussed it

For any of you that get offended if I use a reaction in a negative way on one of your posts (or just look down on me for doing so), one thing to consider:  At least I care enough about your posts to read most / all of them, even if I do sometimes react negatively.  There are some people here who I pretty much skip over everything they write because my opinion is that they seldom add anything useful to a conversation (even entertainment-wise).

Now, after reading all 11 pages (as of now) and pondering all that has been said, I stand by my opinion that some posts really just don't need any responding words.  However, by the same token, a negative reaction still boosts the person's reputation, which is not necessarily deserved if the reaction is negative.  Thus, I think that I will try to remember to quote said posts and post my reaction/emoticon in the reply instead.  I still will not always bother with any words, if i don't think they are needed, but it will be less usage of the actual reaction buttons in a negative way.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.