Any one know of a LSL offline editor other than LSLEditor which include library functions?

steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

[ConText] has a built-in function to compare two files and show the variations in them side-by-side, which I find invaluable.

I have used Beyond Compare for comparing one script to another.  It's very handy to have that capability when you have several different versions of a script in inventory and can't recall exactly what changed from one to the next.

Same-name, different content :) There is one life-saver I have found: When you copy or move an inventory item from one folder to another, the date_acquired field in the properties is amended to show the date it went into the new sub-folder, thus losing the inherent order_by_date that persists when in the original folder. But, for scripts (alone?), the description field shows the date the script was saved back to inventory, and so you can order several identically-named scripts into chronological order by looking at their descriptions.

Of all the OSes I have worked with in the past, the one I loved the most was VMS, with the version number after a semicolon. Why nobody else has implemented that I do not know.

• Like 1

I just found that the Builders Brewery version of the context LSL highlighter is more up to date than the official context site -Github page

I had to view the file as RAW and then copy and paste it into a new lsl.chl file, but once ConText was restarted llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast was indeed highlighted as a function.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

4 minutes ago, Gayngel said:

Atom with LSL plugin is also a good option.Atom is a rapid application development text editor so will auto-complete functions and events when you start to type them.  To get syntax highlighting and auto-complete you save files as .lsl.

Okay thanks, I will have a look at that as well.

Installing LSL for Sublime Text 3 from scratch (because I'm on a laptop which didn't have either of them installed)...

1. Install Sublime Text 3 with default settings. (optional, but works)
  2. Install Package Control, restart Sublime Text. (The manual instructions are probably easier)
  3. Open the Command Palette (Ctrl Shift P), select Install Package, select =BB= LSL and wait for it to install.
  4. Sublime Text will show a pop-up saying "=BB= LSL requires SublimeLinter, would you like to install it now?", click OK, restart Sublime Text.
  5. Done, Sublime Text now has "LSL" as a language choice from the bottom-right corner of the window.
    Autocomplete shows states, events, functions, constants, and variables.
    It is also up-to-date, including llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast and Animesh functions.

Edit 1: One thing that bugs me with the BB one though.. The syntax highlighting is at least partially incomplete. For example using the "list" keyword in global scope will cause it to not be highlighted. Even with my almost zero experience with sublime-syntax and RegEx, I am able to fix this, but I cannot guarantee that it works properly in all cases. I have a different highlighter on my desktop that I've been using for a long time and works as intended, but it will be a while before I can go back and figure that one out..

Edit 2: After some searching and testing, this seems to be the one I've been using: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/LSL

Installation is the same as for the BB version, just find it in Package Control (by searching for "LSL" and going down a bit). It properly highlights all variable types and includes even the latest functions for Animesh. If you've already installed the BB version, you can use Disable Package or Remove Package in the Command Palette. P.S.: OSSL is for OpenSim and it is a separate language that you can ignore entirely.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 8 months later...

@Innula Zenovka   , I replaced my machine and am having trouble getting the Builders Brewery LSL package installed on Sublime Text.  

https://github.com/buildersbrewery/sublime-lsl/blob/master/README.md

Requirements

Installation

Make sure your setup meets the requirements before you:

• open Sublime Text
  • open the command palette
    • via Tools > Command Palette
  • select Package Control: Install Package
  • select =BB= LSL

⚠ To get LSL syntax highlighting in tooltips, refer to the settings section.

Close and re-open Sublime Text.

I have a valid license, and my Sublime Text Registration is showing as valid in Help:About.  I'm using Dev Channel, Build 3210.  UPDATE: I get the same result with Build 3207.

My problem is with the "Select SublimeLinter" step under "Requirements.

• Select Package Control: Install Package
  • Select SublimeLinter

I see pages and pages of "SublimeLinter-yada yada yada" and don't know which one to pick. 

Trying a few of the "SublimeLinter-yada yada yada" has not helped so far, because on the next steps

• open Sublime Text
  • open the command palette
    • via Tools > Command Palette
  • select Package Control: Install Package
  • select =BB= LSL

I never see the "=BB= LSL" option, and so I can't select it. 

Edited by Erwin Solo
UPDATE: I get the same result with Build 3207.

1 hour ago, Erwin Solo said:

I see pages and pages of "SublimeLinter-yada yada yada" and don't know which one to pick. 

You want "SublimeLinter" -- the first one, nothing else. That is the base framework used by all the other options.
41353b4c79.png

Also, check the post just above yours.

Edit: If you don't see it in the list, make sure you haven't actually installed it already. For example, Ctrl+Shift+P and "List Packages"

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
Skipped a word
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I got Sublime Text working.  I had to 

A. Uninstall Sublime Text via Windows 10 add/remove programs

B. Delete all the files out of

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3

C.  Re-install Sublime Text from 

https://www.sublimetext.com/

D.  Re-install my Sublime Text License

E.  Install Package Control as described in

https://packagecontrol.io/installation

F. Thereafter, follow directions for =BB= LSL Installation as shown at 

G. Thereafter, set up Indent Styles as shown at:

https://github.com/buildersbrewery/sublime-lsl/blob/master/README.md#indent-styles

H. Thereafter, set up ToolTips as shown at:

https://github.com/buildersbrewery/sublime-lsl/blob/master/README.md#tooltips

I. Thereafter set up the LSL package per Wulfie's note

On 1/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Edit 2: After some searching and testing, this seems to be the one I've been using: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/LSL

Installation is the same as for the BB version, just find it in Package Control (by searching for "LSL" and going down a bit). It properly highlights all variable types and includes even the latest functions for Animesh. If you've already installed the BB version, you can use Disable Package or Remove Package in the Command Palette. P.S.: OSSL is for OpenSim and it is a separate language that you can ignore entirely.

J. Thereafter notice that ToolTips quit working because those are part of =BB= LSL.  Duh!

K. Thereafter reinstall =BB= LSL, which got ToolTips working again.  

Apparently "LSL" and "=BB= LSL" co-exist somewhat.  I don't have that figured out yet.

Each step I vaguely remembered doing before on my older computer (now backup computer).

Thanks to all.  Every little bit helped!

Edited by Erwin Solo
Fixed a mistake in the sequence

Visual studio code supports lsl but it has no syntax check or test run feature, but it highlights all library functions correctly and does autocompletion, along with handling brackets , quotation marks and parenthesis. I script lsl very very seldom in comparison to how much MEL and python scripting i do, which are greatly supported (therefore my choice) 

Edited by OptimoMaximo

for myself, I use which ever editor comes in the box pretty much.  For Microsoft products I use Visual Studio. For Embarcardero then RAD Studio. Eclipse for Java. Intel Code Editor for Intel XDK  LSL then whichever editor comes with the viewer - LL then standard, Firestorm then that one.  Offline LSL then LSL editor. etc

the reason I do this is that it helps me to remember which language and platform I am coding in/for. As when I don't I often I forget when I am typing and end up typing syntax for the wrong one. I should be able to remember but my mind tends to run ahead of my fingers quite often

altho if I am just sketching/pcoding my thoughts on an idea or concept then I quite often do it in Notepad

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.