Any one know of a LSL offline editor other than LSLEditor which include library functions?

steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Innula and I have been using Sublime Text 3 for at least three years (she started with it before I did and then converted me).  It's much more flexible than LSLEditor, has much more informative error messages, and has handy tools that help you keep track of brackets and do other tricks.  The trial installation is free but has no apparent expiration date and is not missing any features that might be in a paid version.

• Like 2

Hmmmm...

I had to set it up again myself recently when I replaced my laptop.  All I did was download the Sublime Text 3 package from https://download.sublimetext.com/Sublime%20Text%20Build%203176%20x64%20Setup.exe

I installed that and had no trouble.  It's been a few months now, but I think I just followed the minimal instruction in the LSL wiki that says, "Simply go "Package Control: Install Package" and search for 'LSL' " to set the system up to use LSL.

I'm afraid I am less help than I ought to be, Steph.  I opened a file of my own in Sublime Text 3 just now and the LSL functions are all highlighted.

ab466233c4012296214e6a6d9d0272d5.png

Sadly, I cannot remember whether I did anything tricky to get them to look like that.  As far as I recall, the program just worked right out of the box.  I suspect that @Innula Zenovka will be more helpful.  She's been able to unsnarl things for me when I have had Sublime Text questions in the past.

• Like 1

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Didn't the Eclipse package also support LSL?

Yes, it does, and I know that other scripters have had good things to say about Eclipse when this same question has come up in the past.  I had it installed on my old laptop at one point but could never get it to perform well for me.  I think that says more about me than about Eclipse.  I just found Sublime Text much less cumbersome to use. YMMV.

26 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

I can not get the functions highlighted. Did what you stated.

as well as installing Sublime Text, you need to install some additional plug-ins from GitHub.   Here's the instructions for the plug-in maintained by Builders Brewery:

Requirements

Installation

Make sure your setup meets the requirements before you:

• open Sublime Text
  • open the command palette
    • via Tools > Command Palette
  • select Package Control: Install Package
  • select =BB= LSL

To get LSL syntax highlighting in tooltips, refer to the settings section.

Close and re-open Sublime Text.

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/%3DBB%3D LSL

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

And there/s ConText, that has a linden sgripting language highlighter

I usually use the LSLEditor but the code sometimes fails inworld. It works fine but trying to see if an improved version would be better.

Edited by steph Arnott
stress

5 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

Okay i will start from scratch and go through your set procedure. Thank you all. But right now i feel like screaming.

I know how you feel.  Been there.  If it helps, I have just done some digging to find a complete set of instructions for Sublime Text at https://github.com/buildersbrewery/sublime-lsl/blob/master/README.md

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

What is Window 7? Sorry i am not a thousand years old yet.

Slightly less intrusive than Windows10, and far more stable than WindowsXP.

I just had a thought about context, I don't think it will include the latest functions, and I'm not sure if it's possible to manually amend the highlighters.

Windows 7 was the very popular Microsoft OS that preceded Windows 10  (Yes, I know that Windows 8 and 8.1 came in between them, but it wasn't adopted by a lot of people and was eclipsed very quickly when Win 10 came out.)  Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft and by LL.  It's a good OS.  I used it myself until very recently, when I replaced my machine.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Windows 7 was the very popular Microsoft OS that preceded Windows 10  (Yes, I know that Windows 8 and 8.1 came in between them, but it wasn't adopted by a lot of people and was eclipsed very quickly when Win 10 came out.)  Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft and by LL.  It's a good OS.  I used it myself until very recently, when I replaced my machine.

I was being puckish.

2 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I just tried in Context and it doesn't have all the newer functions, for example , llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast is not highlighted as a library function, but this raises a point, how do the other editors manage to update themselves when LL add new functions?

Because some one has to do it with no reward and there are not many in this world who do that. 99.9% take and 0.1% give.

I just had a look and the highlighter file in ConText is plain text, so adding new functions to it is possible. It doesn't have the LSLEditor ability to syntax check and test run, but as a general purpose editor it's very good, and has a built-in function to compare two files and show the variations in them side-by-side, which I find invaluable.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
Oh stop nagging me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.