About the LAQ Christmas "gift"

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The big brands like Catwa and Lelutka sell not just a head, but a system that is widely supported and makes customization so easy.

Pure chance... whatever the market decidedes to support, not their service.

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Pure chance... whatever the market decidedes to support, not their service.

True, and I see a turn to the Genus head now. But it is 5500 L now, even more than Catwa and Lelutka.

They are the three big ones, this Halloween for the first time, I saw content made for Genus that wasn't offered for either Catwa, Lelutka or Omega. A sign?

Anyway, the Genus isn't an affordable alternative any more. Time will show if it's going to rise, or fall in popularity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Anyway, the Genus isn't an affordable alternative any more. Time will show if it's going to rise, or fall in popularity.

Want an indicator? It wasn't compatible to omega and thus to BOM ;) Unless they do the promised Omega compatible one...

Edited by Fionalein

13 hours ago, femhalf said:

I'm glad they have competition now though.  Hopefully more people stop supporting their price gouging.

They've always had competition. But I still prefer Catwa due to the customization options available. 

And in my personal opinion, Catwa bento heads have the base to make the prettiest faces. 

• Like 1

I tried the demo of that LAQ head which is currently on offer. I didn't like it. If it was free I'd never wear it, but that's just me.

I have another LAQ head which I adore as it's one of the loveliest heads I own (along with Mayreal), so I have the skins and the LAQ HUD already.

There was a recent update for the LAQ HUD (v3.06) but nothing within the AO section changed. The moods and expressions within the AO section goes almost totally unused by me as the face distortion on numerous options is terrible, even with the default shape. Such a shame as many of the LAQ heads are very, very lovely indeed.

The 3 below (Lips1, Lips2, Smile1) are all I use. The AO just sits like that continuously, never changes. I've had to add other facial expressions via another HUD. I thought Catwa's AO was really good, the best I have seen. 

3a3bed5cfdddc1bb1258ef1dd2da44b0.png.1a7952b9682883502b1b0f54286bf142.png

3 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

The 3 below (Lips1, Lips2, Smile1) are all I use. The AO just sits like that continuously, never changes.

That's why I can't see any point in shelling out an extra L$3000+ for the HUD.  I can't see ever using any of the anims except those, and I have no use for the rest of its features.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

That's the HUD they're selling for 3,000L?!

It's so basic.

I don't remember paying L3,000 for it. I think I paid L$1,500.

Like a muppet, the above image was of the previous version (v3.05).

The first screen -Features- is pretty much essential, but I've never used the 3rd screen -Looks- at all. It is for saving sets of makeups and skin etc.. Then again, I never do with any save option for any head or body as I save different heads (or bodies) myself and label their folder accordingly, which I can then save within different outfits.

Anyway, these are the 3 screens of the new/current HUD: >

1.png.9e069aa3b26b7d2b5006db1272725fbe.png2.png.d70a4e818ebfca2181f33f2ea142302e.png3.png.11ccff6e294ea88af25d6af65d683de9.png

• Like 1

In my opinion the HUD has the basics that every mesh head need but it's still not worth the price they ask for it. The animations specially, they look comical. People usually wear appliers instead of the built in options for whatever layers they want to change so if you consider that it's pretty much a useless hud, the biggest use I'd do of it would be hiding ears and scalp. I got the HUD from the Neve head sale, but as much as I think this head is cute, it's only worth it if it's an alt or a first time head.

12 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

I would prefer they include the HUD with every head and just raise the price. It really doesn't make sense to me that they sell the HUD separately. I've never seen anyone else do that for the basic HUDs that come with things. Extra HUDs, yes. 

I think its an excellent idea for people who like to change their head often.  My alt got the hud when it was half price and was undecided on which head.  For 300L + 1500 L  she is happy since she is just my building alt. Should I want another head I won't feel guilty at all. 

• Like 4

I tried the demo and honestly, not for me... I feel an ungrateful ****h, but I wouldn't use it even if it was free. Maybe play a little.

Sadly I wasn't around when AK was gifting heads, but anyway, Altamura have something for xmas and I guess (hope) it's not the promo Darren at eBento (a Jenny's full head for 300 would be instabuy =D).

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think its an excellent idea for people who like to change their head often.  My alt got the hud when it was half price and was undecided on which head.  For 300L + 1500 L  she is happy since she is just my building alt. Should I want another head I won't feel guilty at all. 

This!

Even though I don't change the head and skin I use for my main appearance, I have some heads from other brands because I am addicted in creating shapes/avatars. So I like the possibility to buy a second head for less than half price because I already have their HUD.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:28 PM, angelikiinha said:

As many of you must know, LAQ (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ/121/113/76) is offering Noelle head for 300L. The normal price is 1500, if I'm not wrong.

My question is: even being obviously so cheap, do it worth the price? I'm asking because it's the head and nothing else, not even a very basic HUD - you are adverted to buy the HUD separately for 3000L. Will it work well without HUD (no animation, no remotion of hair base as it seems, etc)?

To be honest and maybe ungrateful, seems like a trick to sell HUDs. Even full bodies gift like Altamura's have a basic HUD. Maya, given by Akeruka in last June and today at 4999L, had a HUD (?)...

LAQ's HUD, though is all about "one HUD to rule them all". So if you do buy other LAQ heads they're covered with the one HUD. 

I did buy the head you mentioned just to check it out and while it's not for me, I do appreciate their take on the HUD.

Edited by AnyaJurelle

On 12/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, femhalf said:

It's still cheaper than the alternatives out there.  Catwa is $5000 for each head and hud.  At this point, i would have expected them to lower prices on their older heads, but nope, they're trying to squeeze every last linden dollar out of people.  Lelutka is around the same price last time i checked.  I'm glad they have competition now though.  Hopefully more people stop supporting their price gouging.

I wouldn't call it "price gouging" - that seems a little unfair if you stop to consider just how many hours/days/weeks/months of work must go into creating a complete head system that includes animations/expressions/moods, eyes, a fully functioning HUD with all the layer options and hairbases etc.

And just because a head is "older" doesn't mean it didn't take them every bit as much time and effort to create it in the first place.

Few are going to "stop supporting" professionals who are at the top of their game and know what they're doing. I'm a LeLutka lover with 5 of their heads so far.

It's not price that's an issue for me, it's the quality and customer support base, which is why people stick with Catwa, LeLutka and other creators who are demonstrating that they're here for the long haul and are dedicated to quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.