How do you get furniture to move up the stairs?

MishaC25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I have been trying forever, to move my brand new bed up the stairs, to no avail. Nothing I do works. I've got a lot of brand new furniture to put in my living room, but the bed is in the way.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me. I really did try a long time before coming here to ask all of you. 

I just got it upstairs. But it's stuck in the floor, and it's halfway now between the downstairs and upstairs. I can't believe I got it moved up there moments after I posted this. Now, I need to figure out how to get it unstuck. lol Thank you both for your quick responses!

Edited by MishaC25

I just got it unstuck, and in the exact position I want it, but it's in the air above the floor. I don't see a drop option. I'm afraid to do anything wrong because I don't want to mess anything up

Again, I am so appreciative of all your help! I really mean that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

Wow! That worked! Thank you, Coby, so much, for also helping me.

Just so you know, the most probable reason that the bed was rezzing in odd places was INCORRECT PHYSICS in the house.  You will know if that is the case if you have more rezzing issues upstairs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

I just got it unstuck, and in the exact position I want it, but it's in the air above the floor. I don't see a drop option. I'm afraid to do anything wrong because I don't want to mess anything up

Again, I am so appreciative of all your help! I really mean that.

If its mod, go into edit and check Physical, it will then drop to the floor.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

Hi. The bed is in the right position now, on the floor. But when I click on it, right click or left click, no position options come up. Absolutely none. This bed is supposed to have many positions.

If it is a current bed with animations you need to SIT before the menu appears. It has been oh so many years since we had blue and pink pose balls rezzing (and I am so very thankful). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I always take the bed apart (in RL) before moving. Then the hardest part is moving the mattresses. YMMV.

/me runs

I've had mattresses get stuck going up stairs more times than I can count.

(Although, generally, to be honest, it's not usually me who is moving it. Because mattresses are heavy and awkward and, really, what else are men for if not that? Right?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh my god, people!! You wouldn't believe what happened to me last night. I still can't believe it! Someone read my post on here, and contacted me and offered to be teleported to my house to help me. She came and spent almost 2 HOURS with me in my room, helping me with my bed! I cannot believe her selflessness and generosity. I was so frustrated by the whole thing by the time she got to my home,  and yet she was so friendly and kind that she kept me hopeful that it could be fixed. I would love to post her username on here. Would that be allowed? She needs to be outed as a truly amazing person.

If I understand correctly, she ended up figuring out that I hadn't set up my bed after all, but the "engine" that runs the bed. Either way I would've been lost without her, and I will always remember how she helped me.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's nice to see you back in GD, Phorumities. I thought for a while that we'd lost you to the allure of elsewhere. ?

(And that's very good advice)

No, I've just decided to play nice.

So, I'm restricting myself solely to topics directly related to second life.

34 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

No, I've just decided to play nice.

So, I'm restricting myself solely to topics directly related to second life.

Well, "nice" is, of course, always nice.

But don't be too nice! You need to be who you are. And I think, as much as I almost always disagree with it, your particular perspective is a valuable one. It keeps the rest of us honest, a bit, maybe?

I think that there are ways of expressing your views and perspective effectively without  alienating people. I know I'm always (and sometimes, maybe, even successfully!) looking for those too. I hope that you can find them.

Anyway, as I say, I'm glad to see you here again.

13 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

Oh my god, people!! You wouldn't believe what happened to me last night. I still can't believe it! Someone read my post on here, and contacted me and offered to be teleported to my house to help me. She came and spent almost 2 HOURS with me in my room, helping me with my bed!

Guilty as charged.

The problem was simple.  The reason it took so long was that I kept charging off in wrong directions.

The first problem was that the bed that Misha had rezzed was a horribly badly constructed freebie.  It was about 3 degrees off true in two axes of rotation, and could not be lined up with the 0/90/180/270 trick. 

Then, when we got tired of trying to get the thing straight, I thought to look at the Content of the bed...nothing!  No script, no animations.

So, I asked Misha where she'd bought it.  She said, on the Marketplace, and it was a Prim Possible bed.  Well, the piece of crud on her bedroom floor was obviously not by Prim Possible, so my next guess was that she'd been taken by a version of the Empty Box scam, and she'd paid thousands of $L for a nonfunctional piece of junk.

After further discussion, she identified the MP page where she'd bought the item, and it was not a scammer's page, but a real Prim Possible item.  Their "Ultimate Bedroom" bed "engine" in a Copy version.

So...now it was time to do some serious looking in her inventory to see if she'd just mislaid the bed that she'd bought.  After a little coaching, she found it in Received Items, right where it should have been.  The product included several items, but from the name, one appeared to be a complete bed, so I asked her to rez it.  FINALLY!!!! A great bed with a ton of animations, as promised.  Whew.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Misha, I should try and clarify the difference between a bed and a "bed engine".  A sex bed is a 3D object, which contains a script (or more than one script) and a lot of animations.  A "bed engine" is the same thing, but without the bed object.  Instead, there is a simple prim (which can be turned transparent) that contains the script and the animations.  You position this invisible prim on top of, or linked to, any other bed object to make a functioning "sex bed".  In this case, the bed is providing the appearance, and the engine is providing all the working parts.

Your Prim Possible package contained a fully-loaded sex bed (the item we put in your bedroom).  I think it will also contain the engine, which you can combine with any other bed you buy or create yourself, and probably an instruction notecard.  Check the other stuff in your Received Items folder carefully.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Misha, I should try and clarify the difference between a bed and a "bed engine".  A sex bed is a 3D object, which contains a script (or more than one script) and a lot of animations.  A "bed engine" is the same thing, but without the bed object.  Instead, there is a simple prim (which can be turned transparent) that contains the script and the animations.  You position this invisible prim on top of, or linked to, any other bed object to make a functioning "sex bed".  In this case, the bed is providing the appearance, and the engine is providing all the working parts.

Ok, so, probably stupid question: why have an "engine" that is separate at all? Why not just put the scripts directly into the bed?

Or is the idea that the "engine" can be detached, and used for other beds?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.