Taking down existing home/garden, remodel, how often do you do it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I fiddle about with different builds in the sky, if I like them I store them in a rezzer for posterity.

At ground level on one parcel (Fudo) it is the same garden and docking I put out when I got it a year or so ago. Another place (Snug Harbor) has been the same for about a year... a cafe\bar garden and dockside. Before that it had a different house and layout but same boat docking. Once I have my ground level functional.. and how I want it, I leave it be with just some changes to reflect the different seasons, different party themes. My Gallery parcel.. just gets a floor added from time to time time to accommodate more pictures.

Most of my tinkering with buildings is done in the sky. Sometimes I go back to old builds and change them around and save them in the rezzer.

Edited by Aethelwine

My bestie and I bought land together. We're constantly re-doing it. We plan to change it with the seasons too. All plants and trees are set to fall. I can't wait to decorate for winter. I love my house and am tempted to change it at times, but I feel like it took so long to get it just right. 

My home is in the basement of our club and that hasn't changed much since it was extended a couple of years ago.  I've had 3 or 4 different buildings on the same site since 2007.  The current one has been there since 2012 (extended in 2015). Having got things how I like them, I'm in no hurry to change anything!

I'm a massive fan of Bella Rose homes. They are slightly more expensive than ROOST but about 10x the quality. 

All of their homes look beautiful and are well made and easy to decorate, so no weird issues when applying textures to walls etc. 

They're very low prim too which for how good they look is amazing. My manor house which has 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a huge living room and kitchen, as well as outdoor pool, patio and a movie room comes in at 490 prims. 

I did cost 10k though, so like I said, awesome but expensive.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, AnyaJurelle said:

Not in love with the whole 4-walls-and-a-roof thing so much anymore, but did manage to find something that at least fools me into believing it's not really a proper claustrophobic house (practically all glass, semi-circular walls). 

There is a nice geodesic dome house I used to have a link to if I can find it will send you a link, it might be something you would like

I tinker with the decor from time to time but kept the same house for almost 2 years

• Like 1

I was looking for land between protected water and protected road just so I could put down a garage and driveway. Plus that I dislike the default Mainland texture and will cover it totally. Not just grass fields and flowers, but with prims or mesh under, so it's absolutely nothing visible. Makes change a bit harder. I must try to get smooth edges and fit it together.

I started this Sunday and think I have a good start, but I am not exited yet. Maybe if I can have the Victorian walled garden I have an idea about in my head. I think I have enough room for it, since I took away the pool I had. We shall see. Will post some in the Home and Garden thread, but must do a bit more.

I does not feel like my dream house yet, but I really try to make it my dream house.

I own no land,  I rent, I currently only pay rent for an art gallery, I have three other locations with art, which I get out of the generosity of the land owners,  plus I have my home  in a motel  room, again provided  to  me  rent  free by Zennessa, I have in the past owned buildings and spent a   lot of work making them personal,but situations changed and I ended up giving them up. there is no real  time frame  for  when I make  a change, usually it is due to external forces outside of my control.

Edited by Talligurl

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Talligurl said:

I own no land,  I rent, I currently only pay rent for an art gallery, I have three other locations with art, which I get out of the generosity of the land owners,  plus I have my home  in a motel  room, again provided  to  me  rent  free by Zennessa, I have in the past owned buildings and spent a   lot of work making them personal,but situations changed and I ended up giving them up. there is no real  time frame  for  when I make  a change, usually it is due to external forces outside of my control.

Sometimes I think I spend too much on SL, but I see it as my hobby. It does cost RL money to have many prims to play with, and I am not sure how well I will deal with downsizing now that I'm used to all that land.

I like to have my mainland much more than renting or "buying" a spot on an private sim. It was so easy in the past, to let those parcels go, and live as a hobo again.

But that was before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 6:01 AM, Marianne Little said:

I was just walking through Redgrave Homes. Been there before. Even picked up footprints. I like them, but why don't I love them?

Maybe the Luton Manor, but that has a "summer" feeling. Or the Lakeview. It's the tight entry there that's not just what I want... and the floors aren't all that.

And the Roost houses. I have the Palm View up, and the Lake Side or New Port would work so well for the winter season. But the mesh... I can see they are from 2013/2014 and it's much more refined doors and windows in the new builds.

And the Onsu Cucumber house, it's the one I love the first floor but not the second floor.

The last house I bought was the Magick from Scarlet creative and I have the prims for it. It's the house where I love the kitchen area, but not the rest.

I don't complain! I bought so many things in SL on a impulse. It's not the creators fault. I just can't find something that inspire me.

I think what you are looking for a lot of other people are too.  The trouble is we don’t always know what that is.   If you ever want to sketch a layout that would be your dream home and have a Pinterest of images you love, I would be happy to take a look.

Mmmm... it really depends on time available for me. I rent so I am not tied down to a certain parcel, and I will get an itch to change every now and again. Currently I’m on a quarter sim and just ripped up the ground level (grass) - built a winter skybox complete with flowing river and house, and haven’t yet had time to redo the ground yet because of my photography & wedding bookings. I would like to say that I love my clients and I wouldn’t change what I do for anything, but it does keep the parcel empty at times. ? The winter skybox is turning out lovely, though! 

14 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I think what you are looking for a lot of other people are too.  The trouble is we don’t always know what that is.   If you ever want to sketch a layout that would be your dream home and have a Pinterest of images you love, I would be happy to take a look.

I already finished the walled in garden and took it down, and is placing a frosted pond there now. I change ideas all the time.

I think I am weird, for moving to Mainland just so I could connect my driveway to the Linden roads. Isn't that odd? Renting on an Estate and making a fake road there,  wasn't an option.

So I am very into garages now. Driveways, walkways, mudrooms, entries. I have no idea if garages is something others than me want.

I would really like mirrored houses in SL. It is probably too much work? I am just a shopper, so I have no idea if Blender or other programs has a way to easy duplicate and mirror mesh. I had a thread about the problems I had before I sold my land in Innu. That metal rail that LL will not remove made me sell that land and move. I could not get the house to work because it was only one opening in the rail, out to the road. But a mirrored version of the house would fit. Maybe Estate residents would be interested in mirrored huses too. We all have that ugly spot we don't want the sunroom and terrace to face?

I am so happy that there are many amazing houses to buy and decorate. It is a delicate balance between making the rooms too big or too small, because avatars are so different. And we have our own personal taste. I don't like cabins and cottages with only a big room. I want enclosed spaces for bathrooms and bedrooms, but kitchen/dining/living can be open. I think that kitchen/sunroom/open to the stairs in the Magick house is so perfect, it sold me the house. I would love to see that combination again in another house with just one set of stairs.

I am not so good with finer nuances in English, I adore the designers in SL and if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't bother logging in.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.