How do you get to someone's MarketPlace wishlist?

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I just reloaded my Marketplace Account page, and I'm liking what I see! These must be part of the new MP changes. Not only is there a general wishlist, but you can also now add a store to your favourites. That's something I've wanted for a long time.

For some reason, here in the Forums, they only announced this in the Merchants section: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/428640-marketplace-updates-wishlists-and-favorite-sellers/

And though it was also posted on the Blogs, it was in the Commerce section: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2431-your-favorite-marketplace-update-the-wishing-edition/

Neither of those are areas that I typically read, thus I only knew about it because someone I 'follow' commented on the forum post.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I am a bit concerned the wishlist is public,... Casper solved that a bit better...

I’m surprised it’s public! LL usually has security stuffs..but this way, scammers / spammers (see somewhat recent threads) Could gift random people and then harass them! We shall see.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

How is the name specified when there is a last name?  I tried it with an alt and can't find her wishlist.

ETA:  Found it - I was missing the 's' at the end of "wishlists" (specify full names the same as in the web profile - with a period between the two names)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Doesn’t it make sense to restrict Gifting to Friends..?

Not sure why it wouldn't be ok to gift something to anyone...on or off my friends list.  I am in a position in SL where I am in constant contact with a whole lot of people I do not know.  On occasion, I have helped a few of them out.  

I like the whole idea of the new wish list feature very very much :)

And , thanks to this thread...I now understand how to look anyone's wishlist, sooooo thank you for that :)

Edited by Tarani Tempest
added a thank you!
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Doesn’t it make sense to restrict Gifting to Friends..?

Why?  I can't see any reason to restrict who you gift to.

59 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I am a bit concerned the wishlist is public,... 

Just use Favorites / Products for things you don't want to be seen publicly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’m surprised it’s public! LL usually has security stuffs..but this way, scammers / spammers (see somewhat recent threads) Could gift random people and then harass them! We shall see.

A gift is a gift. The only concern is the message that comes with it could be harassment. But that can be done now with $1 items too.

So, at least one item from the Sugarbaby list is filled along with the creepster message.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why?  I can't see any reason to restrict who you gift to

Because of scammers / spammers, etc.!

This Wishlist is a list of items that a person put on the list, indicating that they wanted those items.  If a scammers sent someone stuff from their wishlist, I don't know that it would be considered harassment unless they added some horrid message (if that is possible via a wishlist purchase).

The old original 'Buy as Gift' is still available and via that method you have always been able to send stuff to anyone, whether they were your Friend or not.  The only difference with this new stuff is that we can now see a list of items that a person is specifically wanting.

The Wishlist can end up being really helpful come Christmas time (or Rez Day time)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.