Marketplace updates - Wishlists and Favorite Sellers!

Alexa Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Wishlists! Sugarbabies of the world will rejoice.
  • Favourite Creators! Nice feature as it will let me check them quickly few new schtuff. Thanks.

I wish there was a way to realiably filter out gatchas, maybe something as simple as filter out limited quantities?  I think a few other people at least want this too. Please? Pretty Please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great update! Finally I can delete a few dozens of marketplace related bookmarks in my browser and just check my favorite MP stores through the favorite stores list. Maybe some kind of an optional subfolder system would be a great addition, too. So when I'll be in mood for some clothing shopping I won't have to scroll through all favorite stores with landscape/furniture/other stuff and so on.

Edited by steeljane42

14 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Wishlists! Sugarbabies of the world will rejoice.

Funny,  that was my first thought too. 

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I wish there was a way to realiably filter out gatchas, maybe something as simple as filter out limited quantities?  I think a few other people at least want this too. Please? Pretty Please?

and this was my second 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Antony Fairport said:

There appears to be a small bug with the favourite stores. Any store I have in https://marketplace.secondlife.com/favorite_stores says "Sold by Antony Fairport" under the store name.

Mine does too.  I'll let you report the bug though

• Thanks 1

• Lindens
28 minutes ago, Antony Fairport said:

There appears to be a small bug with the favourite stores. Any store I have in https://marketplace.secondlife.com/favorite_stores says "Sold by Antony Fairport" under the store name.

Thanks for a good catch!  I've passed it along to the team and we'll get it fixed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alexa Linden said:

Happy Wednesday!  In case you missed it, we just deployed two great new features in Marketplace - Wishlists and Favorite Sellers.  Read all about them here Marketplace Updates - The Wishing Edition

Thanks keep up the good work really appreciate the creator support 

The wishlist is going to draw in some mega cash ?????

Edited by iamyourneighbour

Wishlists are nice, favorite sellers are nice but they won't fix a fundamentally broken SLM. Until you have a mechanism for getting rid of unlimited listings of minor variations of a product (like 200 colors of a $5L bikini), ensure that DEMOs are properly identified and can be filtered out (no more D E M O s), can filter Gacha resales and finally allow listings that support color ways (drop down item selection), SLM is just a mad, jumbled mess. I used to be against this idea but the more frustrated I get  shopping on SLM, the more I think THIS is needed: CHARGE a very small monthly listing fee for ALL items except $0L items and true DEMOs. Once dead sellers see their accounts slowly leaking $L, it will force them to clean up their outdated junk that no one buys any more. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Let me add a few other ways of doing some of this. Suspend merchants who game search for two weeks. Don't just remove the item. There's no excuse for DEMOs not being listed properly. If you spell it D E M O, you know exactly what you are doing and it's called gaming search.

If you don't like my idea about charging monthly for listings, then charge quarterly. Just SOMETHING to get rid of garbage, stale items. Or how about your listing is free for 3 months THEN you charge something for it quarterly?

Let's be able to start search from the drill down category and not be forced to start globally. It will save time for the searcher and be less frustrating. Some say it doesn't matter but it does. If you start search globally (maitreya AND vintage AND top), you end up restricting your final drill down to only those with the keyword "Top". If you thrown just Maitreya AND vintage at the top level search, you end up with mega results and now you have to force search at each drill down to refresh everything. It's slow.

• Like 4

On 10/11/2018 at 6:56 AM, Snickers Snook said:

I used to be against this idea but the more frustrated I get  shopping on SLM, the more I think THIS is needed: CHARGE a very small monthly listing fee for ALL items except $0L items and true DEMOs. Once dead sellers see their accounts slowly leaking $L, it will force them to clean up their outdated junk that no one buys any more. 

bad idea - it will just make stuff dissappear - good stuff that just does ot sell well because it is a niche product... how often do you think folks buy SLRR locomotives? But remove them and the SLRR slowly dies. I don't like my MP limited to bikinis and sex furniture.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I do not think there should be an ongoing fee, I do however think that a fee to list should be in place, something small enough like an upload fee costs (10L) so that the copybotters and the scammers would have to pay their new alts and there would be a cash line for LL to follow, then the multiples of colours people could say more colours available in store. I also think that that fee could go towards LL paying staff to APPROVE listings, you should not just get to list everything and anything in SL this also would filter out the theft. But those are just things on my personal wishlist :) 

It would be nice if there was a category like there is currently for gachas so that when you have the newest release checked for a store you do not get their 50 items they are trying to resell because they went nuts at a gacha event, if creators cannot make alts to resell and really they truly should because it is so offputting to the customer looking for their actual items, then maybe recent would be recent and gachas would live in their back storeroom :)

The new changes made my day, I LOVE favourite stores, as others have said, instead of having to save a store by grabbing one random item it is perfect to just love a store. Wishlists at this time of the year are also fantastic and a great way to even keep track and come in with alts and buy up what you want.

• Like 1

This is amazing. I actually discovered this on Wednesday evening and thought I was just blind and hadn't realized it was there. I had no idea it was a new feature because, in my mind, it's a"duh, of course!"

Favorite Stores is my new favorite MP feature! I now have THAT page bookmarked as my MP landing page. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

since the "wishlist" feature appeared the MarketPlace stopped sending the email notifications saying I received a gift from someone and so if I find an item in my "Received items" folder inworld, I don't know who sent it to me.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Thank you for your reply and help.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, Fionalein said:

bad idea - it will just make stuff dissappear - good stuff that just does ot sell well because it is a niche product... how often do you think folks buy SLRR locomotives? But remove them and the SLRR slowly dies. I don't like my MP limited to bikinis and sex furniture.

One can still offer it inworld. If the noise from 1000s of junk and abandoned products drowns out the good ones, they're not being seen anyway. If it costs a merchant even $1L per quarter per item to keep 25 junk red, blue, flowered, pink, whatever system bikinis, they'll be gone. I actually want LL to make money so they'll keep this crazy place alive. While SLRR things are nice, fashion pays the bills. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snickers Snook said:

While SLRR things are nice, fashion pays the bills. 

They carry theirnoses high... those fashionistas...

SIMs pay the bills - fashion usually pays the designers - I doubt LL makes as much for the pay out fee than they do from server fees...

It is: "My pet peeve (fashion in your case) first - then the rest." You are very transparent here.

I noticed a small bug problem with Marketplace WISHLIST. I cannot add 0L items to the Wishlist from the marketplace item listing page. The 'Add to Wishlist' button is missing for 0L items. 

Thankfully,  the Favorites page has a 'add to Wishlist' button that works and will copy 0L items from Favorites to Wishlist. 

If this is being done purposefully, I would sure like to understand the thinking that feels that 0L items should not be in the Wishlist.  What is wrong with wanting to save a 0L item in the Wishlist so I can decide another time if I want to buy it or not. 

55 minutes ago, Rav104 said:

I noticed a small bug problem with Marketplace WISHLIST. I cannot add 0L items to the Wishlist from the marketplace item listing page. The 'Add to Wishlist' button is missing for 0L items. 

Thankfully,  the Favorites page has a 'add to Wishlist' button that works and will copy 0L items from Favorites to Wishlist. 

If this is being done purposefully, I would sure like to understand the thinking that feels that 0L items should not be in the Wishlist.  What is wrong with wanting to save a 0L item in the Wishlist so I can decide another time if I want to buy it or not. 

As 0L items cannot be giftet... this kinda makes sense LOL if you cannot afford them I will kindly give you the 0L though to buy yourself. ;)

Wishlist is public, folks can see it and buy you stuff from it. The way you use it is not the intended way. ;)

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Rav104 said:

What is wrong with wanting to save a 0L item in the Wishlist so I can decide another time if I want to buy it or not. 

Nothing is wrong with the wanting, it is just that wishlist is for letting others know what you want from others as gifts, not what you intend to buy in the future yourself, even though it is a good placeholder for both. As it is demos you are referring to, and there is no cost associated, you could send yourself the demo, which you would need to try anyway if there is one, and maybe make yourself a 'maybe one day' folder that you move that item to, then you can look at it again at your leisure and go forward from that. I had a friend in the past who used to do that and refer back to it when she needed items for pictures, then going through with purchases when it was called for. You can also just use favorites on the single item that way it does not go to others.

The reason you would most not want to add demos to wish lists is that by doing so you are saying buy this for me, because I am awesome and you like to buy me things, and if you added something random and someone thought they were doing something nice for you, and it ends up something you don't want, don't particularly like, and does not fit because you haven't demod it yet, then it's a bad outcome. 

You can also star bookmark items you want to refer to later in your bookmarks make a folder of things to look at again etc, but I think grabbing the demo in the moment is a good idea :) 

3 hours ago, Rav104 said:

probably the thinking is move the decision from: Do I want to get this item for $0L, to: Do I want to rez/wear this item I got for $0L

On 10/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, Snickers Snook said:

Once dead sellers see their accounts slowly leaking $L, it will force them to clean up their outdated junk that no one buys any more. 

They heard you Snickers

"Additionally, we’ve started cleaning up some older listings. Only merchants who have not logged in in five years were affected, and only those items which have not sold within two years. If you find that your listings have unlisted, please file a Jira and we’ll look into it presently. "

from 

some more great fixes and features :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.