How do you get to someone's MarketPlace wishlist?

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I just hope folks won't use this to spy out sexual prefrences of their stalking victims... Yes your wishlist can say a lot about you if you don't look carefully what you put in there...

You can still hide all your kinky stuff in favorites :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You can still hide all your kinky stuff in favorites :P 

I know that - does Jane Doe too, when she places her kinky stuff in the wishlist? OK then again folks also never bother to hide their kinky club tags...

I don't really use wish lists much..If I do it's to mark something I may want to get later or want to look at later..

They should have an option that lets you either keep it private or make it public..

Myself, I would keep mine private, because I don't use it for things I wish I could have..It's just for marking things that have caught my eye..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't really use wish lists much..If I do it's to mark something I may want to get later or want to look at later..

They should have an option that lets you either keep it private or make it public..

Myself, I would keep mine private, because I don't use it for things I wish I could have..It's just for marking things that have caught my eye..

You can flag an item as a Favorite instead and your Favorites stay private.   That is how I use my Favorites list, rather than noting favorite items that I've already bought.

image.png.b1c2b74d3d16a508aa794726fc2f381f.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Someone wants to try and stalk or pass judgement over what a person has in their wish list? There's a block and mute function that can be used. 

Accept the item, rez it in a sandbox to examine it, block/mute the sender if they try anything funky later (repeat said action if they try and circumvent using an alternate account) and move on with your Second Life. 

Someone takes exception to what you have in your wish list? See above, starting at blocking.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2018 at 3:32 PM, Callum Meriman said:

A gift is a gift. The only concern is the message that comes with it could be harassment. But that can be done now with $1 items too.

So, at least one item from the Sugarbaby list is filled along with the creepster message.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Because of scammers / spammers, etc.!

On 10/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This Wishlist is a list of items that a person put on the list, indicating that they wanted those items.  If a scammers sent someone stuff from their wishlist, I don't know that it would be considered harassment unless they added some horrid message (if that is possible via a wishlist purchase).

The old original 'Buy as Gift' is still available and via that method you have always been able to send stuff to anyone, whether they were your Friend or not.  The only difference with this new stuff is that we can now see a list of items that a person is specifically wanting.

The Wishlist can end up being really helpful come Christmas time (or Rez Day time)

I've done some experimenting with it.

Not worried about spammers and scammers, here is why:

• The only items on my wishlist are what *I* choose to be there
  • All others can do is click "Add to Cart" - and enter a message
  • It's the same message you can enter when manually gifting from the product page
  • The gift is not sent until the gifter "checks out" and pays. If they delete the gift from their cart then meh.
  • Once the gift is purchased and delivered, it is automatically removed from your wishlist.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

So all you profile-perverts: start sending me stuffs.

Too easy. If you get stalked, at least make sure it's done by experts... view everyone's list via 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlists/$FIRSTNAME$SUFFIX

with 

IF ($LASTNAME != "resident") $SUFFIX = "." + $LASTNAME

ELSE $SUFFIX = ""
Edited by Fionalein

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Too easy. If you get stalked, at least make sure it's done by experts... 

Stalked? LOL How? If you mean SL-stalked, only amateurs are affected. I've been here way too long to let "stalkers" get away with anything and I know how to hit back. >:)

Edited by Alyona Su

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I’m surprised it’s public! LL usually has security stuffs..but this way, scammers / spammers (see somewhat recent threads) Could gift random people and then harass them! We shall see.

I want to be victim of the spammer that buys me everything on my wishlist. I'd actually look for things I want if that happened.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Will people on the forums get upset if we start randomly gifting them things from their Wishlist? Asking for a friend.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i would be OK with it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SirRobertFL said:

ok so https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlist/your-name works fine for single names, what if they have old 2 part names   first last  not firstlast ?   tried first last, first_last, and first-last   any ideas if possible? also tried firstlast

first.last --- first followed by a period followed by the last

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.