Help!!! Knee-High Boot/Jeans Combinations?

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right forum, but etc. etc. etc.

Ok, so. I've just decided to leap ahead 6 or 7 years, and actually try mesh. I've got myself a Slink Physique body, hands, and feet (*yawn* amirite?), but I'm having some problem with the clothing. 

What I want is knee-high or mid-calf length boots (Doc Martens sort of things, perhaps, flat or with low heels) and jeans (preferably worn and/or a bit ripped. But not with the butt hanging out or anything).

I know that it's next to impossible to "layer" mesh clothing, which is why the jacket/top combos I've been looking at make sense. But I can't seem to find jeans/boots combinations. Surely I'm just not looking in the right places? Or do people only wear high boots with bare legs???

Your highly knowledgeable assistance would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

(As payment, please feel free to laugh at the 10 year old avatar who is only now trying mesh. Go ahead: all of my friends are!)

• Like 1

Addams and blueberry just did a great collaboration with jeans boots and a top.

I’m usually anti fat packs, particularly when they hide the best colors and patterns in them, but this one was actually worth it for the jeans and boots alone. The boots come ankle length, knee length and thigh length and the hud has great colors for both the jeans and boots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addamssl/44026334374/in/faves-146578105@N08/

Edited by janetosilio
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Addams and blueberry just did a great collaboration with jeans boots and a top.

I’m usually anti fat packs, particularly when they hide the best colors and patterns in them, but this one was actually worth it for the jeans and boots alone. The boots come ankle length, knee length and thigh length and the hud has great colors for both the jeans and boots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addamssl/44026334374/in/faves-146578105@N08/

Oh wow. Ok, these are pretty close.

Addams and Blueberry are both makers I've been looking at for jacket/top combos, so this is useful! 

Thank you!!!!

Could do an MP search "applier AND jeans".  If the package does not include a Slink Applier then it needs to at least include an Omega Applier and then you'll need the Omega Applier for Slink - which you can buy at the Omega store.  

I have some from "January & February" (a decent megapack that I got on sale) and from Beautiful Dirty Rich (a smaller set of only a couple of colors).   I don't remember, off the top of my head, where else I've found Applier jeans.  Disclaimer on that statement though - I'm pretty sure the January stuff is only for Maitreya. I don't think they do Omega (or didn't when I got these).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Found out that January had changed their name to January & Febuary
  • Like 1

While Blueberry has been mentioned they do sell jeans with a built in boot option and *COCO* does a jeans/boots combo set. if your buying jeans that include system sizes you might be able to get away with the smallest size if the boots are really tight fitting applier jeans are the only thing that will work there are a number on the marketplace such as these from Larry https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LARRY-JEANS-Dollarbie-Pack-Classic-OMEGA-Sink-Maitreya-Mesh-Project/5605223

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

While Blueberry has been mentioned they do sell jeans with a built in boot option and *COCO* does a jeans/boots combo set. if your buying jeans that include system sizes you might be able to get away with the smallest size if the boots are really tight fitting applier jeans are the only thing that will work there are a number on the marketplace such as these from Larry https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LARRY-JEANS-Dollarbie-Pack-Classic-OMEGA-Sink-Maitreya-Mesh-Project/5605223

This is really useful! I'll check out *COCO* (who I'll also be looking at for jacket/top combo, so that's handy: one-stop shopping!)

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Blueberry also has a couple pairs of jeans made to work with specific shoes from Reign; the ones that come to mind are the Pizza jeans. Possibly worth a look.

Thanks Ariel! I haven't specifically checked out Blueberry yet, but I will. I don't know Reign at all.

Thanks in no small measure to the help here, and to additional assistance (and a giftie!) from @Rhonda Huntress (thank you so much Rhonda!), I've cobbled something pretty satisfactory together, but the quest for good boots, and things to wear with them, will continue unabated! I am VERY grateful to everyone here who contributed!

Onward and bootwards!

• Like 2

Also on marketplace, there’s a store called ROC where there are a pair of Doc Marten like boots and only 99L! I probably own all of them, they’re good quality too. 

The trick with layering mesh is a lot of experimentation. You can wear the boots with say a pair of skinny jeans or leggings no problem. A store like Blueberry has jeans that have been specifically modeled for boots, which is handy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Also on marketplace, there’s a store called ROC where there are a pair of Doc Marten like boots and only 99L! I probably own all of them, they’re good quality too. 

The trick with layering mesh is a lot of experimentation. You can wear the boots with say a pair of skinny jeans or leggings no problem. A store like Blueberry has jeans that have been specifically modeled for boots, which is handy.

Yes, and the ROC includes unrigged versions too.

This is a great help. Wear the mesh jeans that's closest to fit. Detach the slink feet, wear the boots and edit them in place. You should get a 99% fit.

Search the MP for boots AND unrigged. All unrigged footwear can be worn with jeans when you don't need to show nude legs.

I have these on a male alt, and the unrigged version is what I wear most. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Deadwool-Patmos-boots-DEMO/6422305

53 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Wear the mesh jeans that's closest to fit. Detach the slink feet, wear the boots and edit them in place. You should get a 99% fit.

This is a really great idea! I bought some the other day that have an unrigged version included with the set; I'll have to give this a try! (Thank god for phantom system feet!)

Thanks Marianne!!

Blueberry makes the best Flare jeans I've found also..

I like her jeans because she has what looks like really good natural jean textures..Jeans are really hard to find that are textured well it seems..

When she came out with her mega pack and I could wear my own boots with them..I was all over it like a spider monkey, Chip.

ETA: I'm just going to add what the flares and boot jeans look like that I have..These both have become my favorite jeans of them all.. hehehehe

These are the flares

flare jeans_001flare jeans_002

These are the boot jeans with my boots..

peachy_002peachy_001

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow, Ceka, I haven't seen your avi in some time. These are gorgeous. YOU are gorgeous. ?

Thank you :)

It's from having really good Jeans..hehehehehe

Seriously though,there are so many great content creators in world nowadays making such nice things for us to choose from..They make it so much nicer to get what we are after with our avatars..Mesh was just the best thing to happen to this world, since sliced bread,I think.

Have you made the conversion over to mesh yet? I haven't seen any recent pictures of you..

I look forward to them :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's from having really good Jeans..hehehehehe

*groan*

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Seriously though,there are so many great content creators in world nowadays making such nice things for us to choose from.

My sense, from the admittedly small amount of shopping I've been doing this week, is that the stuff available is really good . . . but that the range of makers, and hence the variety of styles, is a bit narrower than it used to be? I assume that's because mesh has a steeper learning curve?

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Have you made the conversion over to mesh yet? I haven't seen any recent pictures of you.

Well, mesh body, hands, and feet (SLink), mesh hair (which you can see in my newest profile pic here), and a smallish (but growing) wardrobe of mesh clothing. 

I haven't gone Bento head yet, and I'm not sure I will. I'll probably experiment with some new skins, though: my current one is 10 years old! But I need to find one that doesn't change my appearance toooooo much.

I'll post some pics when I'm happy with how I look!

• Like 1

The old system clothes actually have a good way to create bloused pant legs that can be adjusted up and down to fit any boot. The trick us to wear two pairs of pants. The first pair is set to a non-skintight thickness and the leg length is shortened as if creating shorts. This first pair of pants will show skin below the leg but wearing another pair of pants that is not shortened on top will give you a pant that appears to be bloused. To raise or lower the blousing you adjust the leg length of the first pair of pants. Just fyi for all the old school avatars.

• Like 1

I thought I should add a post here with an update on my jeans and boots progress, and to thank everyone, again, for their help.

I've been collecting boots (of various kinds) and jeans and experimenting with some mix-and-match, but below is an image of me in *Just BECAUSE* Kaylah Jeans (courtesy of Rhonda!) and Maya Thigh Sock Boots (minus the socks). 

(BTW, the shopfront in the pic is the new location of my soon-to-be-reopened bookstore!)

Boots and Jeans.png

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.