SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Treehouses are the new fantasy house style! So cozy cottages, only up high and giving maximum garden space. That confirms one of the things they were working on. There's still the suspiciously theme-sized covered area and a few other random working regions that might be something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is the first time I've seen activity in the block of SSPBAx regions.

image.png.f8b4a472621a897d361a4aa422f318db.png

Don't know what these are for.  There was some speculation that they were for the next Bellisseria Anniversary, but haven't those celebrations always been run by residents, at the Fairgrounds?

I'm wondering if they've decided to introduce the new theme in a block of 4 demo regions, as they did quite successfully for Sakura.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no demo before the next theme releases. Work is pretty far on and they could do with those houses now, rather than delaying for reveals. Though if they did do one, they could clone working regions, rather than needing to build something new.

They could also be having secret mole parties with all the money they got from Abnor's lost wallets.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

This is the first time I've seen activity in the block of SSPBAx regions.

Don't know what these are for.  There was some speculation that they were for the next Bellisseria Anniversary, but haven't those celebrations always been run by residents, at the Fairgrounds?

I'm wondering if they've decided to introduce the new theme in a block of 4 demo regions, as they did quite successfully for Sakura.

A new theme reveal for Christmas would be a lovely SL Christmas present...maybe at the Christmas Expo. If I'm good until then maybe Santa will grant my wish!😁(If they don't, don't come blaming me for not behaving lol).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am pretty sure any new themes would be "revealed" there as a single residence, as they did with the Ranch release.

Could easily be.  Though with the Christmas Expo happening so conveniently soon (Dec1-10th), it certainly would not be amazing were there to be a reveal then.  Reveal regions are always fun.  I know some years they've been the only reason why I've attended the Expo at all, and once I get there I always take a spin through some of the other Expo regions.  If I were running the Expo, I would WANT a theme reveal there, every little boost to ACS traffic and commerce helps, I'm sure.  Last year they revealed Sakura at the expo.

The Ranch theme was released June 26, which I believe was actually during SL20B celebrations. SLB events are not ACS sponsors, are they?

A few notes about the SSP zone: 

• LL does have two random regions for the new theme which are not in the block of tile development: SSP4534X and SSP4532X (where someone is working right now).  I've never noticed LL doing that before. One of them COULD be a reveal region.  Or perhaps they're just working out some details of the landscaping.
  • There is no current parcel in BelliDemo for a new theme, and LL would REALLY have to squeeze (as well as terraform quite a bit) to create a 2048 (or even a 1024) on the current BelliDemo land.  It's probably more feasible to add more land in the north of the BelliDemo region, next to the current Ranch demo.  The 2 SSP regions that became the Belli Hub are still up in the SSP area, so presumably they could just modify SSPDemo as they wish up there.  [The LH area of the Welcome Hub DOES have a blank parcel for a new 2048 theme, "Coming Soon!"]
  • At the same time that LL put up the scattered SSP fantasy regions they evidently used for treehouse model development (like SSP2532PT in the pic below), they put up a single region numbered the same as the original Newbrooke tiles, covered in black like Newbrooke, SSP3013PT.  Were they considering a new Newbrooke model?  I see no further movement in that direction.

image.png.9d89e3e5bd27b951c1b9b57d0f1caaa2.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Could easily be.  Though with the Christmas Expo happening so conveniently soon (Dec1-10th), it certainly would not be amazing were there to be a reveal then.  Reveal regions are always fun.  I know some years they've been the only reason why I've attended the Expo at all, and once I get there I always take a spin through some of the other Expo regions.  If I were running the Expo, I would WANT a theme reveal there, every little boost to ACS traffic and commerce helps, I'm sure.  Last year they revealed Sakura at the expo.

The Ranch theme was released June 26, which I believe was actually during SL20B celebrations. SLB events are not ACS sponsors, are they?

A few notes about the SSP zone: 

• LL does have two random regions for the new theme which are not in the block of tile development: SSP4534X and SSP4532X (where someone is working right now).  I've never noticed LL doing that before. One of them COULD be a reveal region.  Or perhaps they're just working out some details of the landscaping.
  • There is no current parcel in BelliDemo for a new theme, and LL would REALLY have to squeeze (as well as terraform quite a bit) to create a 2048 (or even a 1024) on the current BelliDemo land.  It's probably more feasible to add more land in the north of the BelliDemo region, next to the current Ranch demo.  The 2 SSP regions that became the Belli Hub are still up in the SSP area, so presumably they could just modify SSPDemo as they wish up there.  [The LH area of the Welcome Hub DOES have a blank parcel for a new 2048 theme, "Coming Soon!"]
  • At the same time that LL put up the scattered SSP fantasy regions they evidently used for treehouse model development (like SSP2532PT in the pic below), they put up a single region numbered the same as the original Newbrooke tiles, covered in black like Newbrooke, SSP3013PT.  Were they considering a new Newbrooke model?  I see no further movement in that direction.

image.png.9d89e3e5bd27b951c1b9b57d0f1caaa2.png

This is where the 2048 empty parcel at the Belli Demo Area, is. Sign says more coming soon watch this space

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/WelcomeHubLindenHomes/103/145/28

Edited by Kaleb Nightingale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Nightingale said:

2048 empty parcel at the Belli Demo Area. Sign says more coming soon watch this space

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/WelcomeHubLindenHomes/103/145/28

Well, it IS a little confusing that there are 2 (yes, TWO) demo areas for Bellisseria homes ... and they are very close to each other on the grid!  In the one you refer to, which is the Linden Home region of the 9-region Welcome Hub island, there is an empty 2048 parcel with a "Coming Soon" sign in it.

But, the region which is actually NAMED "BelliDemo", that is, the upper half of the 2-region island which is the Bellisseria Hub, does not have any empty parcels in it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/BelliHub/107/231/21

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dreamer sent out this fragment of Patch's, presumably from this morning's Belisseria Citizen's Chat (Sat. Nov 4th).

Patch Linden: Winter is coming!
Dreamer Pixelmaid: OK so Winter is coming = Game of Homes is coming?
Patch Linden: Project Miracle Whip is coming along nicely
Patch Linden: There might be a preview of mayochup soon™
Patch Linden: How do ye not know if the thousand island hasn't already happened eh?
Patch Linden: Thousand Island  ...  Tree Houses  ...
Patch Linden: Green goddess is next

(In case you're wondering, Kraft is now marketing both 'mayochup' and 'mayomust', for people who find themselves incapable of mixing their mayo with other condiments. )

The only thing I was able to take away from this word salad is that a preview of SOMETHING is probably coming soon™.  Any other guesses?

Btw: any incoherence in his statements MIGHT be explained by the fact that it looks to me like he was logged in between 4 and 5:30 AM, his time.

eta: Knowing Patch, I think it would be wise to refrain from speculating as to what exactly his "Miracle Whip" might be.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

eta: Knowing Patch, I think it would be wise to refrain from speculating as to what exactly his "Miracle Whip" might be.

Oo! Oo! I know! Miracle Whip is going to be Adult-rated homes with public squares for R-rated floggings and cages to leave your submissives in!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think "Winter is coming" and Project Miracle Whip refer to the winter (snow covered) versions of the community regions.

Mayochup is pink, so that could be Sakura blossom time for the Sakura community region.

Wild speculation:

Green Goddess = hobbit homes

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think "Winter is coming" and Project Miracle Whip refer to the winter (snow covered) versions of the community regions.

Mayochup is pink, so that could be Sakura blossom time for the Sakura community region.

Wild speculation:

"Winter is coming" is from "Game of Thrones", so could be anything related to "Game of Homes" - the process of choosing Belli houses. Or, could be a "mini castle" theme!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Wild speculation:

Please please please give us Hobbit Homes (I am a Hobbit lol) and snow for winter like Second Norway used to.

• Like 1

I wouldn't assume the code names have any connection to what's being made. None of the hints so far have indicated islands and Patch is saying that was the code name for the tree houses. Sometimes a salad dressing joke is just a salad dressing joke, rather than a literal description. They're probably regretting that one, as I keep having to field people inworld who don't really follow what's happening, but they heard it had something to do with islands. In two years time, they'll be, "Patch, where are the thousand islands you promised?!"

We can see they're working on a theme-sized area plus other things. If there's another new house style addition, I'd guess at one for a different theme. Not houseboats or fantasy, as both of those had new styles. Maybe for chalet or newbrooke. But I wouldn't grumble if we did get swampy hobbit houses.

Community regions going festive is likely as it's happened before. Merrymount is an island, so that gives them more options with the textures. But changing all the ground textures to snow for the housing regions isn't going to happen under the current system, as it can't be done automatically.

• Like 4

There are 19 regions of unreleased Vics on "Vic Island", as we've been calling it.  They've been there for quite a while now.

-----------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I wouldn't assume the code names have any connection to what's being made.

QFT!

-------------------------------------------------

That mysterious block of 4 regions has grown another region, SSPBAW.  I wouldn't assume that it actually looks like how it now appears on the map. Maybe some new type of Belli Hub?

image.png.512719db7336d779bb2041ae6a805642.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't be at all surprised if another home style was in the works, mostly because last Friday I noticed someone working in SSP83X (usually used for home controller debug), and two people in the QA Vault region, which usually happens when a new style of home is DONE.  It kinda seems to me too early for the moles to be at that stage for the new theme.   I'd be surprised if it was another Fantasy home so soon; maybe a Newbrooke?

• Like 2

• Moles
4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

last Friday I noticed someone working in SSP83X (usually used for home controller debug),

SSP83X is where Dyna and I tend to work when we're not working elsewhere.   We could be working on any number of things. Could be house controllers but could be a lot more besides, not always Linden Homes related.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

SSP83X is where Dyna and I tend to work when we're not working elsewhere.   We could be working on any number of things. Could be house controllers but could be a lot more besides, not always Linden Homes related.  

Making more boopies!

• Haha 1