SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

They haven't given details yet. Only that there will be prizes for people who take part, which I'm assuming are the critters in the picture.

Oooooooo, cool; it is hard to be sure but I think one of the little figures is an owl!!  🦉 🦉 🦉

• Like 1

The details are all in a pinned post now (it's tier prize levels, the critters are a new collectible, head to Millbank for the buckets and HUD), but also a picture of Patch's new house. Let the house theories begin! (I appreciate that Patch has a lurkyman like me.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmm, rounded recessed doorway with double doors and stone exterior - I like!

The stone reminded me of a friend who lived in the Americans suburbs, where they all had to have some stone cladding on the house under the rules. It would also make sense to have a more manicured urban environment to contrast with the ranches, so that's my guess on that.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

The stone reminded me of a friend who lived in the Americans suburbs, where they all had to have some stone cladding on the house under the rules. It would also make sense to have a more manicured urban environment to contrast with the ranches, so that's my guess on that.

Something like this, mayhaps? https://www.eazyclad.com/blog/sandstone-cladding-for-timber-framed-houses

• Like 8

/me notes the mixed stone & stucco exterior, arched french front door with glass, multiply-paned windows with simple framing and flagstone walk.  If this Halloween house is a Linden Home, it's a new one. 

Peers at the top of the right-hand column outside the door ... could it be another arch?  

I was hoping for a new fantasy home, but ... that yellow terrain texture ...the rather classic exterior details ...  maybe a new 2048 theme?  Tuscan/Mediterranean?

Interestingly, there's little here that would conflict with the old pic that Patch offered a while ago as one of the ideas for a new theme.

Screenshot2023-06-27214851.jpg.d869d885eab7603ef25c6754300d4156.thumb.jpg.f195216ee7858919e4b472a582b271ea.jpg

• Like 4

Patch's Halloween picture is in his Linden Homes album on Flickr!

I've only been to Northern European countries, so can't say if this look is at all typical of areas in the Mediterranean region, but clearly someone in the US thinks so... https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/european-style-home-with-natural-thin-stacked-stone-cladding-mediterranean-house-exterior-boston-phvw-vp~11589782

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Patch's Halloween picture is in his Linden Homes album on Flickr!

I've only been to Northern European countries, so can't say if this look is at all typical of areas in the Mediterranean region, but clearly someone in the US thinks so... https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/european-style-home-with-natural-thin-stacked-stone-cladding-mediterranean-house-exterior-boston-phvw-vp~11589782

That picture doesn't look at all Mediterranean to me. It might be an American idea of a French mansion? Judging from the high peaked roof, etc.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That picture doesn't look at all Mediterranean to me. It might be an American idea of a French mansion? Judging from the high peaked roof, etc.

Yes, well, American developers have christened a certain sort of home with stucco, stone and red tile roofs "Mediterranean" or "Tuscan", no matter how unlikely it is that you would see that exact home anywhere around the Mediterranean.  Here's a rendering of a SMALL one (those caps are for you, Lindens!) called "Tuscan Delight with Arched Entry" by the developer.

16803wg_1_1577809223.jpg

Here's an actual photo of a simpler one.  Interestingly, the ground cover around it is indeed yellow!  These are frequently found in drought-prone states like California, Nevada, Arizona.

Clean-Stucco-Look-With-Tan-Stone.jpg

I have to say that I like the fieldstone wall in Patch's pic better than the so obviously "New England Brickface" features in these 2 pics.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very sad that I haven't had any time for SL this fall.  But I try to check on the SSP area once every day or three.  Work on the new theme has really picked up.  There are 4 avatars there at this moment, which is common nowadays.

And ... I continue to think that something fantasy-ish this way comes.

image.png.ac3cf9ef553b77820036cab3ed6d0d37.png

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm very sad that I haven't had any time for SL this fall.  But I try to check on the SSP area once every day or three.  Work on the new theme has really picked up.  There are 4 avatars there at this moment, which is common nowadays.

And ... I continue to think that something fantasy-ish this way comes.

image.png.ac3cf9ef553b77820036cab3ed6d0d37.png

I hope you are right in that a new theme is on the horizon but I think, given the unpopularity of the existing Bellisseria fantasy theme, a new fantasy theme is unlikely.  Or, I hope it is unlikely.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

It might be an American idea of a French mansion? Judging from the high peaked roof, etc.

Oooh, chateaux!. Suitably grand and could lend themselves to a Gothic/fantasy treatment, for those who lean more vampire than hobbit. Or just a nice upgrade to Victorians for those who found the ranches too rustic.

This is what SL designers think a chateau looks like, btw:

ChateauAnisetteSmMP.jpg?1557605355

petitchateau_pics21024.jpg?1423538149

chateau_2.jpg?1490936190

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I hope you are right in that a new theme is on the horizon but I think, given the unpopularity of the existing Bellisseria fantasy theme, a new fantasy theme is unlikely.  Or, I hope it is unlikely.

The point isn't thinking the new theme will be fantasy. The glimpses we've seen don't look fantastical in any way. It's that they've also got copies of the current fantasy regions online to work on them. Which implies there might be an update to fantasy. My guess would be new house styles as the most likely addition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

^ A real chateau. Good luck with rezzing that on your 2048mparcels.

I'd hardly call the palace of Versailles a typical French chateau. Most of them, particularly in rural areas, are vastly smaller. Sometimes little bigger than a large farmhouse.

I still think it would be ambitious trying to properly decorate even one of those with 351 prims. But many of them would probably just about fit on the parcel.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EbonyOverIvory said:

I'd hardly call the palace of Versailles a typical French chateau.

Well, no, it's a palace. Hence the name. The Spargel and Shine home has a 18x20 footprint so I can't see they'd have much trouble accommodating something on that scale. We've seen before that authenticity is not the prime concern here.

Edited by Sparkle Bunny
  • Like 2

Funny, I was just fantasizing this morning about a Spanish revival linden home. They can be easily made on a smaller scale in one and two-story styles, and they'd open the opportunity for a more desert-y area of regions, with cacti and little oasis lakes. I think that would be a lovely theme. Thinking about it sort of reminds me of Oasis Springs in The Sims 4.

SSZ4JEc.png

lG6AJBC.png

ozHTs3j.png

ATDwhwl.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Funny, I was just fantasizing this morning about a Spanish revival linden home. They can be easily made on a smaller scale in one and two-story styles, and they'd open the opportunity for a more desert-y area of regions, with cacti and little oasis lakes. I think that would be a lovely theme. Thinking about it sort of reminds me of Oasis Springs in The Sims 4.

This is one of my favorite styles.  The challenge would be how to handle the roof.  To make it look believable would take more LI than the flat "let the texture do all the work" roofs that they typically use.  Those LI would have to be made up elsewhere, likely in landscaping, which might be able to work in a desertscape.  

• Like 4

On 10/21/2023 at 5:45 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

To make it look believable would take more LI than the flat "let the texture do all the work" roofs that they typically use.  Those LI would have to be made up elsewhere, likely in landscaping, which might be able to work in a desertscape.  

Presumably you could do a better "texture-only" roof using PBR, but I SERIOUSLY doubt PBR will go completely live before the new theme is released.  Even if the new theme shows up late Q1 '24.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

A Mole just posted an image of the book "The Making of Mackinac Island" in the What Are You Reading thread. Paired with the Thousand Island clue, I wonder if this could be a glimpse at the next theme they're working on? Looking at pictures of Mackinac Island, the homes seem fairly Victorian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

A Mole just posted an image of the book "The Making of Mackinac Island" in the What Are You Reading thread. Paired with the Thousand Island clue, I wonder if this could be a glimpse at the next theme they're working on? Looking at pictures of Mackinac Island, the homes seem fairly Victorian.

Since Victorian is already a theme, that couldn't be a new theme. Maybe it means the Victorian Island regions will be available soon, but it might not mean anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Since Victorian is already a theme, that couldn't be a new theme. Maybe it means the Victorian Island regions will be available soon, but it might not mean anything.

Yeah, the fact that Victorian is an existing theme is what was making me go hmmm. People have been clammoring for more Vics for a while, so adding a new island area with them would be very much appreciated. Maybe it means nothing at all and they're just reading a book, but I was struck by the fact that it's an island paired with the given theme hint.

• Like 2