SL15B Inworld Shopping Event

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I was going to skip it unless they had home & garden? I don't want avatar stuff.

Lots more H and G than the last times. Apple Fall has some lovely gifts and a very pretty display

I will say that it would have been good to have some HAIR for the guys, but that didn't happen. Again, depended in part on who put in an application. 

I didn't pay enough attention did someone see if the stores that usually carry items for both sexes (like Addams, Lindy, SMD) have male stuff too? I didn't look for that, but now that I think of all the complaints about "nothing for men" I would like to go back and check that.

Edited by Fionalein

45 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I didn't pay enough attention did someone see if the stores that usually carry items for both sexes (like Addams, Lindy, SMD) have male stuff too? I didn't look for that, but now that I think of all the complaints about "nothing for men" I would like to go back and check that.

I made a long list in BOLD earlier in this thread of all the folks that I found that had items for males.  I don't think Addams or Lindy had anything and I don't know who SMD is. But look back at the list. There were not all that many clothes, agreed. And of those clothes many were "older" (same for many of the items for women). This wasn't "FaMESHed" or "Uber" or "COLLABOR88"; this was a sales event with most (not all) folks putting in older items for sale. 

Addams gave out a discount card so  people could BUY at a discount (the same discounts that were supposed to be at the event so head shaking here a bit) items there. But when I was at the Addams store last summer there was VERY little for the  guys  anyway. 

Most of the male items were accessories with a few clothes stores.  There were a couple of nice gifts for the guys but not tons. That is pretty much standard in both events and hunts. Guys get left out most likely as they don't buy as many clothes and shoes and such as the gals. So from a creator standpoint it just makes sense to design for the folks that buy the most. Not new news :D. 

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Somehow this isn't making me want to shop at Blueberry LOL. Just saying. 

Life can be strange sometimes in that we can be left with an opinion about somewhere or something that differs so much..

Personally, I found Blueberry to be one the most generous of gifts at the SL15B event, along with Vision, MINA and TRUTH, which were most excellent also. Vision is a true L$200 store credit with no expiry, plus store discounts are on offer currently too. I know that as I'm a group member at Vision and it's been stated several times in their group chat.

I found Addams to be the least generous of all, in fact I consider a complete NON-gift. A discount voucher does not qualify as a gift in my opinion, more of a promotion, as it requires spending money or you get nothing. Considering how big Addams is I consider that to be exceptionally stingy, almost contemptuous towards customers. Not to mention they had a store-wide increase from L$199 to L$250 at the beginning of the year. Very high quality items from Addams, but boy do they like to be paid for their efforts.

I was born in a sandbox and live on the streets. I'm homeless. So H&G items are rarely of interest to me, but I like chairs :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Life can be strange sometimes in that we can be left with an opinion about somewhere or something that differs so much..

Personally, I found Blueberry to be one the most generous of gifts at the SL15B event, along with Vision, MINA and TRUTH, which were most excellent also. Vision is a true L$200 store credit with no expiry, plus store discounts are on offer currently too. I know that as I'm a group member at Vision and it's been stated several times in their group chat.

I found Addams to be the least generous of all, in fact I consider a complete NON-gift. A discount voucher does not qualify as a gift in my opinion, more of a promotion, as it requires spending money or you get nothing. Considering how big Addams is I consider that to be exceptionally stingy, almost contemptuous towards customers. Not to mention they had a store-wide increase from L$199 to L$250 at the beginning of the year. Very high quality items from Addams, but boy do they like to be paid for their efforts.

I was born in a sandbox and live on the streets. I'm homeless. So H&G items are rarely of interest to me, but I like chairs :D

MINA's and Apple Fall's were my favorite presents. It wasn't the gift at Blueberry, it was the expiration (originally not in the message when you clicked according to a few friends) that folks didn't know about and no signs or info whatsoever about HOW to use the credit. Some sort of notecard or info sign would have been helpful. That seems SO obvious to me if you really wanted folks to use the credit and not pay in lindens by mistake.  Those were my issues, not the gift itself. 

The last two (maybe three) times Blueberry had only decorations and a  gift that was shared with all. So having an actual display this time was a step up. Big names are good for events, no doubt about that.

I certainly look at things from a different perspective than other shoppers, being both a long time blogger (5000 posts this Friday) and a content creator. So likely most folks though it was just fine. 

Yes, that Addams thing was an instant OMG head shaking moment for me. But since the sim has been full a lot I guess plenty of folks are taking advantage of the discount. Just doesn't translate into "gift" for me. 

And yes, we can obviously have differing opinions. No doubt about it. 

I think, all in all the event as a whole was very good and in some ways better than those in the past (more diversity for one thing). And I certainly did much better monetarily by leaps and bounds so happy about that. I also learned that the EVENT can make a huge difference (well I KNEW THAT of course). Some of my best selling items at the SL15B event did NOT sell well at other venues. I wondered about that as I am indeed my hardest critique and thought that they should have done better.

So now I know. And that knowledge is a very welcome bonus. 

7 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Hop back, AFAIK Addams has two gifts, try clicking the gift thingie next to the big sign, I got a real gift and a store vouchers set - at least I found something I collected almost the same time called "meryl top - carbon" I tried again right now but nothing happened this time - either the script is now broken or it gives only once each avatar or they removed it. (I doubt the last one is the case)

Edited by Fionalein

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Hop back, AFAIK Addams has two gifts, try clicking the gift thingie next to the big sign, I got a real gift and a store vouchers set - at least I found something I collected almost the same time called "meryl top - carbon" I tried again right now but nothing happened this time - either the script is now broken or it gives only once each avatar or they removed it. (I doubt the last one is the case)

I tried that and I got the same thing.  Clicked on both presents and sign.  And NO there are no items for men there. Would have been really happy if there had been a "real" gift too!   Still busy there today.   BUT I got in, so that is something. 

image.png.bb7312cf31d7f8cc5ceca4dd1939545a.png

• Moles

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that a few hours ago we added some regions to the north of the shopping regions. They are short extensions of the mall but it gives a place for people to teleport to and cam shop until there is space in the actual shopping region they want to go to. 

They are brand new regions so they won't show up on the world map yet, but they should show up within the next 24 hours. We hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that a few hours ago we added some regions to the north of the shopping regions. They are short extensions of the mall but it gives a place for people to teleport to and cam shop until there is space in the actual shopping region they want to go to. 

They are brand new regions so they won't show up on the world map yet, but they should show up within the next 24 hours. We hope this helps. 

Great idea and good for the next shopping event for sure.  I found one but can't get in of course (hopefully that is the plan for now).  Fits in nicely and looks good!  TY.

And a PS to the Powers That Be and I suspect that they thought of this already, but unless things change a lot in the next few days -- maybe this needs to last longer?  I (non-premium status) just got back in today. The sims seem to be full or almost full whenever  I look.

POPULAR IS A GOOD THING THOUGH!!!!

:SwingingFriends:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And a PS to the Powers That Be and I suspect that they thought of this already, but unless things change a lot in the next few days -- maybe this needs to last longer?  I (non-premium status) just got back in today. The sims seem to be full or almost full whenever  I look.

POPULAR IS A GOOD THING THOUGH!!!!

:SwingingFriends:

Maybe you should summon @Some Linden so they actually read this ;)

15 hours ago, Fionalein said:

FabFree reported the other Addams gift, but said that it was only available for 2 days and that you could click it a second time 24 hours later for a second gift.  I think I clicked it 3 days in a row though and got 3 gifts (maybe).  Anyway, the second gift thingy is gone now - just the discount coupons (which is NOT a gift).

OMG - A Mole actually posted in the forums.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

FabFree reported the other Addams gift, but said that it was only available for 2 days and that you could click it a second time 24 hours later for a second gift.  I think I clicked it 3 days in a row though and got 3 gifts (maybe).  Anyway, the second gift thingy is gone now - just the discount coupons (which is NOT a gift).

OMG - A Mole actually posted in the forums.  Don't think I've ever seen that before.

OK. I have been in a LOT of different events over the years and that is just crazy. So many people couldn't get in. The non-premiums that got in likely had a "dialer" or whatever. That is so not working for me on many levels. Thanks for clearing that up. The "actual gift" was not there when the event opened (or at least 15 minutes before when I was there). Not only does this kind of behavior taint my opinion of Addams, it adds negativity to the folks that actually gave away things -- nice things. 

Gifts didn't need to be new but most were nice if not perhaps everyone's style. 

It's like those 1 linden for 1 hour things. That's just nasty. I can picture the owner up there laughing at folks clamoring to get into the sim. That may or not be their actual demeanor but GEEZ folks. 

IF IT IS A GIFT IT SHOULD BE A GIFT!!!!!

Did anyone ever find anything at THE HIVE STORE?  I just went back over again thinking there might be something there now but I even did an area search and I see nothing.  There is very little there so finding a gift should be pretty simple. I really like their items (not so much what was on sale).   

AND except for "my" sim (with Blueberry) the sims are only half full now 9 PM West Coast Time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh great and how were we supposed to know about facts like this? O.o Do the designers think that knowledge magically transfers to our brains? Are the gifties intended for the loyal fanfolks in the paygroups only?

I was about to top up my credit at Blueberry and use that refund cards at Addams - I might not now (OK first one is gone so I sure will not - and sorry no that does not mean I will shop something full prize instead either).

Why are there event rules in the first place? This must make everyone who actually provided a gift like Chic - thank you for that, btw. - feel stupid. Last time we had one shop selling a 10L coffee mug with brand logo as "gift"...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Why are there event rules in the first place? This must make everyone who actually provided a gift like Chic - thank you for that, btw. - feel stupid. Last time we had one shop selling a 10L coffee mug with brand logo as "gift"...

LOL. And you are welcome.  Damn, I missed that 10L coffee mug!   I am so very glad I am not an event organizer. And yes, the not following  rules is typical in events. I used to alert event owners but don't do that (as much) these days -- except in the case of breaking the TOS and then the owners DO typically pay attention.  

And honestly it does sort of wear you down  (the big you) when you are being true to what you said you would do and others do not. It does sort of feel like a slap in the face. 

The gifts for this (and most) events didn't have to be NEW or EXCLUSIVE or GRAND. Anyone could have simply taken an old item from their shop and put it out as a gift. No work involved at all. 

OK. There really is no point in being depressed about this :D.  Things won't be changing.  

For TONS of people it has been an exciting event where they found some new creators, picked up some gifts, got to experience the fun of lag (yes, some folks do love it) and possibly bought a few things. Obviously some folks were very happy with their discounts and coupons and knew how to use the  gift cards. 

So lots of good has happened. I have some cute new hair and some decor items added to my inventory. 

Hopefully the folks that want to get in, can. My sim (Halcyon) is still full but the others only half full now so THIS is the window time (before the weekend) I suspect. I need to get my alts over for hair :D.   

On 6/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, Chic Aeon said:

It wasn't the gift at Blueberry, it was the expiration (originally not in the message when you clicked according to a few friends) that folks didn't know about and no signs or info whatsoever about HOW to use the credit. Some sort of notecard or info sign would have been helpful. That seems SO obvious to me if you really wanted folks to use the credit and not pay in lindens by mistake.  Those were my issues, not the gift itself. 

I got the credit the first day of the sale and saw the five day expiration message in local chat. Perhaps those who didn't see the message didn't realize it was there due to lag issues. Having to right click a vendor to get the menu to access all the features has been in wide use for years. I'm not sure how you missed that. E2V vendors have used that method as long as I can remember. Though I understand that what seems common to me isn't necessarily to others.

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did anyone ever find anything at THE HIVE STORE?  I just went back over again thinking there might be something there now but I even did an area search and I see nothing.  There is very little there so finding a gift should be pretty simple. I really like their items (not so much what was on sale). 

This is the gift from Hive if i remember right it's towards the back of the booth on the right side wall 

5b350c101caeb_Hivegift_001.thumb.png.5bd289cbe6d7f95ee09236bf9409b47b.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I got the credit the first day of the sale and saw the five day expiration message in local chat. Perhaps those who didn't see the message didn't realize it was there due to lag issues. Having to right click a vendor to get the menu to access all the features has been in wide use for years. I'm not sure how you missed that. E2V vendors have used that method as long as I can remember. Though I understand that what seems common to me isn't necessarily to others.

So true and I did mention the lag thing. So good to know. Likely it didn't show up. I guess I just shop at stores that use the "competitors" vendors. When I go to buy I see a blue screen and a choice of "credit", "$L", "Deliver", "Redeliver", etc.   I am not sure how I missed the other type of vendor either but I don't shop often and mostly shop via Marketplace (AFTER CHECKING THE DEMO :D).   I guess my friend hadn't shopped at the stores with these vendors either.  

And as you say what seems obvious to some is not to others. I don't use vendors in my shop but I have signs scattered about saying "right click to buy individual items" since I don't want those nasty dollar signs showing up for folks when they get the items home.   Personally I SO VERY HATE opening boxes and I do that an awful lot in my line of "work" LOL.  And the boxes within boxes within boxes is very frustrating.   

So we DO all look at things mostly from our own point of view thinking "of course everyone uses their own Windlight Settings" etc. when that likely isn't the case at all.  

Thanks.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

Massively underwhelmed. It somehow feels as if barely anything from the last shopping event ... Valentine's Day was it, wasn't it?`... has changed at all, except that they added an extra sim.

And yet I managed to scout all four sims in much less time than the previous three ones in past events. 

18 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Massively underwhelmed. It somehow feels as if barely anything from the last shopping event ... Valentine's Day was it, wasn't it?`... has changed at all, except that they added an extra sim.

And yet I managed to scout all four sims in much less time than the previous three ones in past events. 

Definitely a lot of different shops from last time, but may not as much to your liking. There was a LOT of shopping going on and of course the gifts so some folks enjoyed. Sorry it wasn't you!   

Just a note to say that the sims are still open and people are still shopping --- at least the ones that know it is still open LOL.   So a good time to get your alts in as needed.   

Thanks to both the Lindens and the shoppers from MY little corner of the event.     AND to the Moles that added the extensions -- sure they will be in great use next time!!!  

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.