SL15B Inworld Shopping Event

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just a note to say that the sims are still open and people are still shopping --- at least the ones that know it is still open LOL.   So a good time to get your alts in as needed.   

Thanks to both the Lindens and the shoppers from MY little corner of the event.     AND to the Moles that added the extensions -- sure they will be in great use next time!!!  

none of the 4 regions are open. all 4 give no access and cannot be teleported in. which totally sucks, that LL would make an event that lasts 2 weeks only, knowing that premium members would be able to get in easily since they have that stupid perk, and normal people would struggle to get in, if at all. i'm one of those that was not able to get in at all. good job LL...

32 minutes ago, ShibariKate said:

none of the 4 regions are open. all 4 give no access and cannot be teleported in. which totally sucks, that LL would make an event that lasts 2 weeks only, knowing that premium members would be able to get in easily since they have that stupid perk, and normal people would struggle to get in, if at all. i'm one of those that was not able to get in at all. good job LL...

Yes you are correct. SORRY. I have been selling things all day so thought they were still open. I guess they are just open to the participants now. 

Yesterday the sims were only half full all day (at least I checked often and that was true each time). I do agree that longer would be better though.  The "cam shopping" areas should help a lot in the future -- assuming this event continues.

Edited by Chic Aeon

14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

-- assuming this event continues.

It was last year, it was (albeit at a smaller scale) at Christmas, what makes you doubt LL could continue it?

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

It was last year, it was (albeit at a smaller scale) at Christmas, what makes you doubt LL could continue it?

Nothing at all!   

Just didn't want to state something without official-ness. But the group JUST got a notice about the sims now being closed and it said there would be another event in the future.  The Christmas one was  actually four sims and I was in that. Had to look it up to make sure that I had that right :D [ https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2017/12/hop-shop-winter-shopping-event-2017.html ].

There WAS a three sim version between then and now (so Spring?) .  Trompe Loeil was in there I remember.  Ah, found it on the blog (Shop Your Heart Out Event) for Valentines day! 

So officially from the group chat -- there will be more events like this and they are working on more ways to get folks in there at the beginning. There can be more now per sim if you count the cam shopping so that is a big step for next time already. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

7 hours ago, ShibariKate said:

totally sucks, that LL would make an event that lasts 2 weeks only

Given how popular the event was and how mobbed it was for almost the entire 2 week period, I was somewhat expecting that LL might extend it another week.

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given how popular the event was and how mobbed it was for almost the entire 2 week period, I was somewhat expecting that LL might extend it another week.

Well it was definitely busy week one, but I got in after that first week OK and my alts got in with no trouble early in that second week. The last few days most sims were only half full and yesterday even Halycon (my sim and BLUEBERRY'S LOL) was easy to get into.  So YESTERDAY most sims were around 20 most hours. The argument that folks "couldn't get in" isn't really all that correct. They couldn't get in when they WANTED to get in  -- that's the real story. 

IF the Mole's cam shopping areas would have been there at the beginning, that would have solved a lot of issues. 

Personally I NEVER try and get into the popular events at the beginning. It is so much nicer just to wait. But that "gotta be first" mentality gets a lot of people. Honestly, if they need to be first THAT much, then they could just get Premium for a year at that $1 a month cost. 

Apparently next time will be better with fewer complaints than this time. But we know that even if there was a PERFECT event  with no issues that gave out tons of great gifts (even clothes for men and hair and all that jazz) --- there would still be folks complaining since that's just what they do - LOL. 

not everyone complains "just because it's what they do". i tried to get in several times, and was not able to every time i tried, period. i am sure i am not the only one either. still, the fact that LL did not have the consideration to make this a month event instead of two weeks, KNOWING full well how crazy events can be, in order to give everyone a fair chance to get in a shop and get free gifts and demos and so on, it makes me wonder if they even do care about these things at all. it would have been nice to participate in this event, but sadly thanks to LL's lack of planning, i can't now. and it's a shame. so, as you can see, i'm not "complaining" just because i have nothing better to do, but venting my frustration in the hopes that LL will learn the next time they pull this sort of thing again and make it fair for everyone.

Edited by ShibariKate

This was unexpected Kate, I have been to 3 similar events (Valentine's, Christmas and SL14B, thanks Chic I totally forgot about Valentine's), In the past it calmed down end of first week - this time it did not calm down until the last 5 days or so but I was able to get in without a TP hammer or premium account (but I live in Europe). The only sim with trouble until the last day was the one Blueberry was in. They did not see this coming, no one did, and the Moles reacted and added camshopping sims. I am pretty sure the Lab will consider this year's experience for the next event.

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The only sim with trouble until the last day was the one Blueberry was in. They did not see this coming, no one did, and the Moles reacted and added camshopping sims. I am pretty sure the Lab will consider this year's experience for next the event.

Yes, this event was more popular than the preceding ones for sure and that's a good thing.  Still, the folks that really wanted to get in COULD get in with patience (and I am standing by that as I know alot of non-premium folks without scripting hud thingies that got in EASILY the last few days during prime hours (really early and late -- so Europe time were actually slower with fewer folks)).  Halcyon was the only tricky sim and I don't think anyone expected Blueberry to give away a 500 linden gift cards (with five days to use which was also a bit tricky but doable). That was a late addition. 

And yes, they are working on solutions but that's all I know. I guess we will see next time.  It is important for us ALL to remember that there are plenty of things going on in the offices that we have NO knowledge of, so we are only looking at things from our tiny viewpoint. 

The cam shopping areas should help for sure --- and as I said in the event group chat -- encourage people to learn how to cam.

OMG I remember how hard that was to master.  I also remember walking up to the front demo area in a building class so that I could look at something better. I am sure the teacher was smiling; most of the students didn't know how to cam either LOL.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OMG I remember how hard that was to master.  I also remember walking up to the front demo area in a building class so that I could look at something better. I am sure the teacher was smiling; most of the students didn't know how to cam either LOL.  

You evil hacker ;) - a lot of folks don't cam - even the old ones. Recently I ran into a hunt that considered camming a way of cheating...

Luckily a lot of merchants with such funny hunt rules have no idea you can actually display where folks are looking at (and supress that information)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

You evil hacker ;) - a lot of folks don't cam - even the old ones. Recently I ran into a hunt that considered camming a way of cheating...

Luckily a lot of merchnats with such funny hunt rules have no idea you can actually display where folks are looking at (and supress that information)

I just want to save my ENERGY for creative endeavors. And HOW are you supposed to find those objects INSIDE OBJECTS and IN WALLS if you can't cam?  Really the new folks have no chance at all in some of these hunts and that's sad. At least the fifteen week crystal hunt is EASY.  

And as an afternote, the sims were ALWAYS accessible via the new cam sim areas once those went in --- which was unfortunately right when things finally calmed down. So the last five days.  Just putting that in for the historical record. We know how these old threads get exhumed. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

encourage people to learn how to cam.

OMG I remember how hard that was to master. 

Camming was one of the first things I figured out -- even before I learned how to take a picture.  I actually learned the camming from the tutorial area that all the newbies went through - the one teaches you how to walk, run, & fly.  I don't think that newbie tutorial showed me how to take a picture so it was a few weeks before I learned that one.

Camming is my preferred way to shop, even in non-busy places.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Camming was one of the first things I figured out -- even before I learned how to take a picture.  I actually learned the camming from the tutorial area that all the newbies went through - the one teaches you how to walk, run, & fly.  I don't think that newbie tutorial showed me how to take a picture so it was a few weeks before I learned that one.

Camming is my preferred way to shop, even in non-busy places.

I DID manage to see what was behind the hay bale or whatever that was (so long ago) but the fine points didn't come easily. And yes, I am a "cam queen". Even my favorite shoes have very little wear on the soles :D.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.