SL15B Inworld Shopping Event

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5b27e2ed8b7f4_HopandShopLead.thumb.jpg.13f8bde14f044a729e26535b2f23255a.jpg

There is plenty of shopping to curb those MORE STUFF cravings. Just head over to the newly opened Inworld shopping event. 

Sims are: Golden, Aurelian, Halcyon and Gilded.

Most gifts are obvious, some not so much and a couple still missing (or my sluething ability are lax) just before opening. But there is LOTS of time.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 5

I still have stuff to open from last year, but me and my merry band of mates (alts) will all fill their respective booties in the end.

Best to leave it a few days to allow those firsty desperadoes get their fill. Having said that, I went there and it was heaving, could barely move, lag central, so all non-friends hidden. Scrolled around and picked-up most as sim-crossing was an impossibility. Just a case of remembering to fill in the gaps upon return.

Probably just me but I wish it was called SLB15, as opposed to SL15B. Flows better off my tongue ^_^

55 minutes ago, Holger Gilruth said:

I was there and i dont like it.

For men there was 2 Shops, one clothes and one skin thats all for Male Avatars

Actually there were many more stores than that; nine that I can remember with some "girls" shops giving away unisex items that would also work for guys. Some stores had both men's and womens things and there were plenty of shops that didn't carry avatar items but Home and Garden and the like.  I agree it would have been nicer to have more for the guy, but they simply have a lot less stores making things for them.  Ten percent with male wearables is a good proportion if you look at most of the events nowadays. Many popular venues don't have any male wearables at all.

You of course have a right not to like it though :D.

If you can wait to get in to the SL15B do it's a lag fest with very long waits to get over sim crossings at least one of the sims got restarted twice while i was there. i found to make getting around easier low draw distance and complexity plus (requires advanced menu) in rendering types uncheck Avatar's & Water helped a lot

For any women still using the system body i noticed two of the gifts, a dress and a pair of heels included an alpha layer

What a boring waste of time. A total of 2 Mens places, and neither of those had even tracksuit pants suitable for the Geralt.

The rest was 99% womans clothing, 1 place with photo backgrounds, and a few bad LOD H&G things like those fences with the Pizza display, OMG 10 meters at best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

What a boring waste of time. A total of 2 Mens places, and neither of those had even tracksuit pants suitable for the Geralt.

The rest was 99% womans clothing, 1 place with photo backgrounds, and a few bad LOD H&G things like those fences with the Pizza display, OMG 10 meters at best.

OK now you are being unfair.  Since I was there for several days I found a lot of male stores-- just while looking around.

NO there are no track suits for men. As far as I can remember (wasn't looking) there were no track suits for gals either. To go to an event expecting to find something specific AND for a specific mesh body is not very practical.  

Among stores with items for men there are:

:ZED:

A D R I A T I C

[CerberusXing] 

not so bad

ROZOREGALIA 

ADRIATIC

ASCEND

This is Wrong

MINIMAL

Boys to the Bone

FAKE ICON

LURE

AITUI

Lapoint and Bastchild

EUDOORA

SHU-MESH

Apple May Designs (gift - unisex)

Dreaming Thicket (gift - unisex)

kisetsu (gift for men AND women)

Feel free to go BACK and look at all the shops you missed :D.

The event is open  June 18th thru July 2nd

And since I am doing extremely well there, I have to assume that a lot of folks are happier with the event than you are.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 2

Went back again. My view stands as it being second rate.

* 99% of clothing is for women
* nothing at all rigged to Signature Geralt
* a few bits of old fashion that we saw 6 to 8 months ago rigged to Signature Gianni and Belezza Jake
* A lot of old stuff from 2016-2017 rigged to the TMP or standard bodies
* a scant few male jewellery items
* 2 sets of sunglasses and 1 watch
* One cybernetic hand

Better to skip the lag fest and stick to the big 6 men's events - TMD, HME, Mens Jail, Men's Shed, Man Cave, Men Only Monthly. At least those events are new items each month and not buried in the 99% for women

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3

The pickings for men are pretty dreadful in the one sim I was able to shop before hitting a full sim. I couldn't find anything to buy, but picked up a decor gift at one stall selling (weirdly meshed but nicely textured) Tokyo scene backdrops. When I get a chance I'll go back, though, and see if I can make it into any other regions.

On the plus side, it's pretty easy to tell when a stall is gonna be all girly stuff, so it didn't take long to get through the region I managed to shop.

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

My friend said at her sim people were literally at the edge trying to walk into the sim to make it in.

They had that on all four Sims it was easily taking 20 minutes + of double click TP's to enter the next sim along spent most of my in world time trying to make it round plenty of decent freebies to be had though 

If it could've been done it would have been nice to have some sets of mirror Sims to ease the pressure on the four current Sims allow more people to shop

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Are there any hat stores?

No hat stores per se. Lovely summer hat gift at eXxEsS (a hair store). There are some steampunk hats in one (corner near the tp point) store but I don't remember its name.  There may be others as I wasn't looking for hats. :D.  

@Qie Niangao  Yes that was an interesting Asian backdrop store. I loved the gift but the LODs make it a pose prop only unfortunately. Certainly plenty of atmosphere in that corner though :D.

It DOES -- like any popular venue -- calm down after a few days, at least that has been the pattern in the past. By next Monday I suspect non premium can get in easily.   There are plenty of people shopping as well as picking up gifts so that's a plus for the creators. 

7 hours ago, stlshayne said:

I'm jealous of yall who were able to make it in to some of these places. My friend said at her sim people were literally at the edge trying to walk into the sim to make it in.

I got into Halycon and Golden. I went to go to another and that happened to me. Figured I'll go back and try again today.

My own "event shopping techniques" are these, if anyone's interested:

Time of day plays a big part also (early-as-possible in the day (SL time). If you're not creating Graphic "themes" (or whatever it's called) you should: I just slide my mouse to the icon and choose the preset I call "minimal: - instantly lower draw distance to a minimum and turn off ALL the sliders (more or less) - lots-less-lag thataway.

As for actually getting into one of the sims: I land at a neighboring sim, then I keep trying to walk over - continuously. I can usually get into the sim within about 3 to 5 minutes because someone else has apparently just left.

And other than texture-loading, lag is not an issue. Just stand still and alt-cam everywhere you need to see. Only move when you have to.

• Like 1

Note that you can "cam" shop a sim or two away depending on your computer, BUT you often can't buy anything or pick up the gift unless you are in that sim (in this case :D).  

PREMIUM PEOPLE get in before non-premium. Two of my premium friends got in easily at prime hours. Hence that is a perk if you care.

The SL15B shopping sim is designed very smartly with minimalist mesh for the most part and lots of the same textures and such. My friends reported fast loading and very little texture grayness (this in part would of course depend on the shops and their textures). 

IF IT IS LAGGY FOR YOU (after turning up your jelly dolls, and perhaps lowering your draw distance) remember that FLYING is much better in these kinds of situations than walking or running. Those of us that were around at the height of Hair Fair Days know the drill.  there are almost NO places to sit (I have some in my place but most don't). If you can find a chair, you can sit on it and that will take you to a new area. 

ALSO don't get into click and run mode; wait for objects to load and make sure they are GIFTS (if that's what you are looking for) OR that you agree with the price.  Patience is important. 

AND REMEMBER THIS LASTS THROUGH UNTIL JULY 2 so there is no actual hurry. 

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that you can "cam" shop a sim or two away depending on your computer, BUT you often can't buy anything or pick up the gift unless you are in that sim (in this case :D).  

I usually am able to cam shop and buy up to a little less than half a sim depth in LL shopping events. Usually the arm joining right after the sim crossing works. But please note that this requires both sims to communicate and will generate even more lag making things even more slow and keep folks in the neighbouring sim you so eagerly would like to enter, so basically if you do you are shooting your own foot - then again that would be typical "me-me-me first" residential behaviour xD (you know it is only me, how does one simple click by me contribute to the big major lag?)

LL shopping sims contain benches, sit for cam shopping - sitting avatars do not need to update position calming the servers down even more.

Edited by Fionalein

9 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

LL shopping sims contain benches, sit for cam shopping - sitting avatars do not need to update position calming the servers down even more.

You are right. They are just SO well hidden it is difficult to notice them LOL.  I had a friend go over and look.  They are behind the foliage :D

image.thumb.png.84ff24f579fa22dd0f304b0e724170bb.png

I tend to pick a spot in the middle of the shopping event, hover in flight up above other folks, use the Firestorm option of 'show friends only', set my graphics about half-way - I still want to see what items will actually look like - and then set my draw distance to whatever is needed to get to the edge of the event from the middle.  Then I simply stay in one place and do all shopping via cam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I tend to pick a spot in the middle of the shopping event, hover in flight up above other folks, use the Firestorm option of 'show friends only', set my graphics about half-way - I still want to see what items will actually look like - and then set my draw distance to whatever is needed to get to the edge of the event from the middle.  Then I simply stay in one place and do all shopping via cam.

Reading all these comments REALLY makes me appreciate my computer :D. That's a GOOD thing.

Chic pats computer fondly. 

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Reading all these comments REALLY makes me appreciate my computer :D. That's a GOOD thing.

Chic pats computer fondly. 

My computer is pretty decent, but I have absolutely no tolerance for lag.  If my fps drops below 60 for more than 1-2 seconds or if it takes more than 3-5 seconds to rez any scene, I get highly frustrated -- because I'm used to superb performance in SL. Thus, if I decide to shop at an event with lots of folks, then I change the settings so that hopefully I'll have minimal impact --- though, most of the time I simply wait until a shopping even is half over before I go.

A few days ago, Scandalize was doing one of those '1 L for 1 Hour' things on a really cute outfit - but it was at an event location that was already heavily attended and performing horrid due to the build and other textures.  I TP'd into roughly 50 avatars and could barely move.  I haven't experienced that in well over a year and it was almost frustrating enough to make me leave right then. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.