Coming Out as a New Woman

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Certainly, call her what you like! (I may use “LoveX”, myself.)

I’ll be buying a mesh body tonight, I assume it’s hands will be more proportioned than this!

If you want any smexy butt-sway when walking then you'll have to go with Belleza or Tonic, there may be more, but as I know so far these are the only two that support more than booby-sway.

Note: i said *sway*, not *bounce* LOL

Totally would not have remembered “nails”!

By “accessories”, I meant things like purse, brooch, handbag, hair clip, hat..anything that can be attached and is not a standard piece of clothing. (Whips and chains and ropes and..)

You forgot one of the most important things@

Hair flower. This is the cherry on top for total cuteness. I try to go on a sliding scale from top to bottom: cuteness then turns into pretty, then turns into beautiful, then turns into sexy then ... well, then it depends which shoes I'm wearing. ~Snickers~

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

If you want any smexy butt-sway when walking then you'll have to go with Belleza or Tonic,

Definitely starting Belleza since I’m familiar with that.

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Hair flower.

Literally a flower in the hair (not just a hair clip)?

Just to clarify, I did nothing to her yet - this is how one of the “default” avatars looks - straight out of the chute!

Here’s a bit of news, I haven’t decided what ethnicity she should be starting out. I plan trying all that I can find. Because of my RL affinity with the Trans community as an Ally, I am leading towards African (dark skin/features, not necessarily African dress although I found that) first - and yes, I know that will be a challenge.

Thanks for the recommendation!

You might want to look at Ooh-la-licious for skins.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Definitely starting Belleza since I’m familiar with that.

Literally a flower in the hair (not just a hair clip)?

REAL FLOWER. Bahahahaha

Here, you're welcome:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Soedara-Cute-Hairflowers12-colors/5532105

I go to places. People stand around like a zombie. It's all quiet. But when I wear them I always get IM about them. Usually an expression of surprise, how nice they look, and curious why they don't see it more often. (Hey, my Alma mater is Maui High School, so what can I say, flowers are in my DNA)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

By “accessories”, I meant things like purse, brooch, handbag, hair clip, hat..anything that can be attached and is not a standard piece of clothing.

5 hours ago, Liana Wildmist said:

I've been in SL for 12 years & haven't known any female avatars, and have rarely seen any, with any of the above (tho i'm sure some do)

Purses? Not for me.  I don't carry one RL if I can get away with it.  I know there are women that are as nuts about bags as I am about shoes but I can assure you it is not universal.  Unlike shoes ;)  (even tho not all girls like shoes; some prefer to be barefoot all the time and that's cute too) .  If you want to carry a purse (and good luck finding one that won't look silly when your AO decides you need to scratch your nose or brush lint off you blouse) then go ahead.  It's just not the norm in SL.

While I actually own a broach IRL I only ever wear at funerals.  I'm up in age and it's kind of appropriate for me. 

I have a few hats.  They are usually paired with a hair style and it is seldom you find them separate any more.  I also have a few headbands that I seldom wear in my inventory.  If I want a headband look, I have hair with bands made in. Sort of like hats

If we were still in the age of prims you would need bracelets and a very wide belt.  We don't have to hide jacked up joints and clothing seams any more.  At most a nice choker could be useful to hide a bad neck seam but I doubt you will have a seam to hide anyway.

If you want bows and ribbons, there are plenty around.  There is nothing wrong with being "that girl with a bow" if that is your style.  My neko alt always has frillies in her hair.  Accessories are always a personal choice.  Rhonda in her elegant fashion phases keeps her look simple, sharp and clean.  It's not a look that says "approachable" but it says what I want it to say.  ... Which is probably the exact opposite of what you want to say :D  So don't listen to me.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Purses? Not for me.  I don't carry one RL if I can get away with it. 

I got my first “male bag” for Love the other day. I doubt LoveX will “always carry a purse”. Nice to have a place to put extra p*nties, c*nd*ms, and t*mp*ns..

36 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

hats.  They are usually paired with a hair style and it is seldom you find them separate any more.  I also have a few headbands that I seldom wear in my inventory.  If I want a headband look, I have hair with bands made in. Sort of like hats

Hats are out if style with men kinda, you know? So may as well explore hats “as a woman”. Also, Love got some nice Catwa hair with a butterfly clip. Just sayin’! RL me uses plastic hair bands.

39 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

bows and ribbons, there are plenty around.  There is nothing wrong with being "that girl with a bow"

Nothing screams “80’s!” Like a giant hair bow! (We called them “bowheads”.) I doubt I will be all that feminine depending on the outfit or ethnicity.  To me, bows say “ultra-feminine” or even “infantilism” (baby girl bows). Just an opinion!

This is all great advice, thank you very much!

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I got my first “male bag” for Love the other day. I doubt LoveX will “always carry a purse”. Nice to have a place to put extra p*nties, c*nd*ms, and t*mp*ns..

Hats are out if style with men kinda, you know? So may as well explore hats “as a woman”. Also, Love got some nice Catwa hair with a butterfly clip. Just sayin’! RL me uses plastic hair bands.

Nothing screams “80’s!” Like a giant hair bow! (We called them “bowheads”.) I doubt I will be all that feminine depending on the outfit or ethnicity.  To me, bows say “ultra-feminine” or even “infantilism” (baby girl bows). Just an opinion!

This is all great advice, thank you very much!

lol you're scaring me now, you're gonna have to act like a woman more than look like one, and most of us don't do that lol

The guys can carry the condoms, or Aeros will supply! I think you'll enjoy seeing how a lot of guys interact with women, and the 'Hi' IMs grrr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

If you want any smexy butt-sway when walking then you'll have to go with Belleza or Tonic, there may be more, but as I know so far these are the only two that support more than booby-sway.

A few others do too... but be VERY CAREFUL to test when go off brand...

Some of them, when you add in the sway, also move the ribcage (Tonic), or your frontal bits (Eve, turn up butt sway and/or bounce (I forget), and your front bounces up an down).

- Make a physics file that has everything dialed up to 'maximum bounce and sway'... (which means the dials that are used to 'slow it down' should be set to 0, the other dials to 100)... then use that to test bodies and AOs... If like me, you might get some jerk making fun of how much you juggle because they think shopping is about posing oneself to look cool in a store... but you're there to make sure you spend your money well... you want to FIND all the flaws in what you buy... and then decide if you are OK with those flaws...

So when I shop this stuff.. I put in my extreme animations and jiggle... and let the jerks make fun of me because they don't know how to buy smart...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Me like. Janet.

Yep, I use Janet for myself and for my 'human alt'. The lips will come in a bit extreme, but it responds very well when you dial it down (or maybe just my old dial was extreme because my previous head didn't have full lips to start with, and now my dial is actually normal midrange).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yep, I use Janet for myself and for my 'human alt'. The lips will come in a bit extreme, but it responds very well when you dial it down (or maybe just my old dial was extreme because my previous head didn't have full lips to start with, and now my dial is actually normal midrange).

She looks a bit young for me, so I may get something else.

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

She looks a bit young for me, so I may get something else.

Look through my recent flickr, nsfw - you can see that head on my alt from March 19, and on me from March 1. The pics at the skin fair though - those are my alt on her old head. The face looks bad there because I had been using a shape to hide flaws in her old skin... The images series on the 19th - the graphic nature aside, plenty of face shots.

Demo it at least, and play with sliders. It's only 1795L... whereas the other brands are 5000L... O.o

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Look through my recent flickr, nsfw - you can see that head on my alt from March 19, and on me from March 1. The pics at the skin fair though - those are my alt on her old head. The face looks bad there because I had been using a shape to hide flaws in her old skin... The images series on the 19th - the graphic nature aside, plenty of face shots.

Demo it at least, and play with sliders. It's only 1795L... whereas the other brands are 5000L... O.o

I like the nose on some other heads better. Sorry!

10 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

Anything else?

Don't forget Shoes:  Pumps, Heels, Sandals, Flats, Rain boots, Sneakers.........did I miss any?   I have heard through the grapevine that women's shoes are kinda spendy:)

Yes it is a problem LOL the suffering we go thru!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.