Coming Out as a New Woman

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not some girly girl who gonna add all kinds of girly crap to my body I don't like jewelry or makeup I don't own any piercings yet though thought about it my avi is still very basic compared to people who been here years have to consider I only been here months so only just getting acclimated to SL yes I just learned about attaching things to body parts however I still stand by what I say cause if things were falling off I would have seen it the same as everyone else the fact I did not tells me there is a glitch in the design of that particular head I got

Can you accept the fact that no one else commenting on this thread (except Callum’s advice) has said they’ve had this problem? I’m quite happy with my Catwa heads so far. You made your original point/warning. If you want to keep talking about it I can’t stop you. I’ve derailed plenty of threads myself so I can’t be a hypocrite. I’m just not sure what you want.

Callum gave you exactly the same advice that I would initially give: check the 'worn' tab of your inventory. If your viewer doesn't have that option, then type (worn with no closing bracket into the inventory search bar and look to see exactly what is attached to which point.

55 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

to be honest if you all think its a glitch with SL and not a glitch with the catwa head itself I wanna laugh cause proof is my new head has not done that once and is also a bento head

...which probably attaches to a different point and therefore doesn't disappear after teleporting.

41 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

seriously I barely had on stuff I don't attach anything to my head that isn't part of mesh unless I have an applier that goes with it typically all I wear are shoes pants and a top and my skin and mesh body and head and all that needed for that and hair but hair is made for mesh I was taught how to do it right by nice people seriously its a glitch 

So you come here and insist that there's a problem with one specific product - even when other people who have a lot more experience with mesh body parts try to help you fix what could be causing your issue - but you clearly don't understand what we mean by 'attachment points'? We're not talking about 'attaching things to your head other than appliers'; we're talking about other items that attach to the same point on your body. A very common attachment point for mesh items is the left hand. That's why - if you accidentally hit 'wear' on a pair of mesh pants, instead of 'add' - it might remove your mesh body. Or your shoes. Or your head.

What Callum was asking you to do is what I suggested in my first paragraph here: wear that outfit with the Catwa head again and CHECK to see which attachment points are being used. It doesn't matter what you're wearing; 'girly crap' or not. A pair of shoes or a hairstyle or a mesh jacket can all detach your head. And, incidentally, when you still saw it on but others didn't that is a Second Life glitch that happens when two things share one attachment point. It can also be caused by a slow connection or by accessing SL over WiFi rather than a wired connection, and for several other reasons, all of which require elimination before the actual cause is discovered. It's still cached for you, so you still see it, but others don't. There are many, many little SL glitches like this that those of us who have been here for years have seen come and go (and sometimes come back again).

Have you seriously never tried to remove something that still appears to be attached (and is bolded in your inventory, which means it's still worn) over and over - even clothing layer items - then given up and relogged only to find that it's now removed? It's happened to me many times over the past 10 years (and it can also happen with things rezzed inworld that you're trying to delete). That's not a glitch with the item; it's a glitch with the server not updating your appearance.

You say this happens after every teleport? You contact a new server after every teleport to a different region, and that server needs to update every aspect of your appearance, so it's no wonder you're seeing it happen a lot. (Even within the same region, the server is checking many times per minute for anyone new arriving, what they might be wearing, how many scripts they're loaded down with, etc.) Again: check what is attached to each attachment point.

37 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

I am not some girly girl who gonna add all kinds of girly crap to my body I don't like jewelry or makeup I don't own any piercings yet though thought about it my avi is still very basic compared to people who been here years have to consider I only been here months so only just getting acclimated to SL yes I just learned about attaching things to body parts however I still stand by what I say cause if things were falling off I would have seen it the same as everyone else the fact I did not tells me there is a glitch in the design of that particular head I got

OK, look. You're insisting that there's an issue with a specific Catwa head, right? Did you contact Catwa Clip about it, to ask for help? Did you ask in her support group? If not, then here's my offer: Tell me which head you're having this issue with and I'll take it up with Catwa personally. I'm a CSR for her store, and a moderator in her support group. I'll try to get some personalised advice from her for you. Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

i am happy you like your new alt Love glad to see you loving it is she going to stay human or she going to be neko or what?

I'd take the very good advice here, and maybe thank Skell for his offer to help you (even tho from what i've seen, he is very experienced himself and owns a ton of Catwa heads, so would know exactly what he's talking about)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liana Wildmist said:

I'd take the very good advice here, and maybe thank Skell for his offer to help you (even tho from what i've seen, he is very experienced himself and owns a ton of Catwa heads, so would know exactly what he's talking about)

RisingGrace is very obviously ignoring my advice, and - more importantly - is ignoring my offer of personal help. They have also visited my profile (which means they have probably muted me here on the forum). If someone could please quote the below so they see it, that would be great, because - beneath everything else - it was a genuine offer of help from me:

RisingGrace: Tell me which head you're having this issue with and I'll take it up with Catwa personally. I'm a CSR for her store, and a moderator in her support group. I'll try to get some personalised advice from her for you. Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

RisingGrace: Tell me which head you're having this issue with and I'll take it up with Catwa personally. I'm a CSR for her store, and a moderator in her support group. I'll try to get some personalised advice from her for you. Can't say fairer than that.

That's an offer I wouldn't refuse! Except I don't own any Catwa products.. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

You won't get a better offer of help than this, Grace. I'm sure Catwa is extremely busy and it'd be difficult to speak directly to her.

In case you missed it..my first picture!

*Edit* Think I’ll transition to only posting LoveX’s pictures under Love’s account so that I’m not posting under two accounts. Plus, I want her “likes”!

20180325 Freya Lona Halter Skirt_001.jpg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In case you missed it..my first picture!

*Edit* Think I’ll transition to only posting LoveX’s pictures under Love’s account so that I’m not posting under two accounts. Plus, I want her “likes”!

20180325 Freya Lona Halter Skirt_001.jpg

/me approves.

Very nice!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you! I had to figure out how to turn off her “n*pple shine” before taking the pic, it was showing through!

Yes, yes, I know exactly what you mean.

I want to add: that is a REALLY nice skin. I see a lot of "extra-dark" skins (my own description) and they are simply not done right. In anything other than "optimized skin and prim" windlight setting they turn into silhouettes. Your picture appears to be a dark environment, yet the color and detail are still amazingly clear.

Awesome choice, you! *HI-5's*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RisingGrace said:

to be honest if you all think its a glitch with SL and not a glitch with the catwa head itself I wanna laugh cause proof is my new head has not done that once and is also a bento head

.... I was taught how to do it right by nice people seriously its a glitch 

.... I still stand by what I say cause if things were falling off I would have seen it the same as everyone else the fact I did not tells me there is a glitch in the design of that particular head I got

Rather sure of yourself for someone that is about 3 months old.

If you really are that new, I'll give you an SL viewer fact:  You can see things in your viewer that are not the same as what other people see and vice versa.  That is an SL glitch, not a specific product glitch, and it has happened off and on for SL's entire life.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Rather sure of yourself for someone that is about 3 months old.

If you really are that new, I'll give you an SL viewer fact:  You can see things in your viewer that are not the same as what other people see and vice versa.  That is an SL glitch, not a specific product glitch, and it has happened off and on for SL's entire life.

I am that sure of myself why cause I know how to read and make code I know what coding is I know how to design not only a website but I can pretty much do anything I wanted to if I so desired to yes it is true I am only 3 months on SL but within that 3 months I have already figured out what takes most alot longer to figure out when dealing with mesh I see things differently in terms of virtual world cause it processes in my brain differently than the average person what everyone else sees as neat colors and shapes I see codes nothing but codes and how it is all put together cause I know how it is done to do it 

Nope.

A common cause of this problem is a slow teleport or region crossing. Sometimes this will cause a body part to be detached. Your viewer may not realize this is happening because it's already drawing that body part. Other people get their information about your avatar's attachments from the servers and they will correctly get the information that the body part is no longer attached. One sign that this has happened is that any HUD you use for that body part will stop working even though you think it's still attached. When you re-log you'll see that body part as missing.

You may know about coding but that doesn't mean that you know about Second Life. (Or punctuation marks, for that matter.)

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

when dealing with mesh I see things differently in terms of virtual world cause it processes in my brain differently than the average person what everyone else sees as neat colors and shapes I see codes nothing but codes and how it is all put together cause I know how it is done to do it 

772421CF-56E0-4329-AF58-F8E5F200270D.jpeg

I was done with this topic last night when skell spoke on it and everyone keeps commenting so I am asking people to stop commenting on the head this is a thread towards love's alt and her lovelyness so all comments be made about LoveX from now on in this thread please and thank you as it should be and please forgive me Love for derailing your thread seems people don't know when enough is enough

Edited by RisingGrace

1 minute ago, RisingGrace said:

I was done with this topic last night when skell spoke on it and everyone keeps commenting so I am asking people to stop commenting on the head this is a thread towards love's alt and her lovelyness so all comments be made about LoveX from now on in this thread please and thank you

You asked for us to drop the topic, then replied to yourself

If you were done once Skell replied, i'd take that to mean that you hadn't got the problem sorted/understood it until he helped? How about thanking the dude for taking the time to not only type a really comprehensive reply, full of advice (based, no doubt, on being a CSR *for the very same brand you have issues with* & years of being in SL (not months) but also offering to personally speak to the creator *even tho he knew exactly how to help you anyway*, and getting her advice!

Like someone else mentioned, you may know coding or whatever it was, but you don't know SL, and I think you should've at least thanked those helping, and tried their very sound advice

Sorry but it really bugs me when someone has a problem, someone else takes them time to offer a ton of help & advice, and the person with the issue doesn't even say ty, just tells everyone THEY must be wrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liana Wildmist said:

You asked for us to drop the topic, then replied to yourself

If you were done once Skell replied, i'd take that to mean that you hadn't got the problem sorted/understood it until he helped? How about thanking the dude for taking the time to not only type a really comprehensive reply, full of advice (based, no doubt, on being a CSR *for the very same brand you have issues with* & years of being in SL (not months) but also offering to personally speak to the creator *even tho he knew exactly how to help you anyway*, and getting her advice!

Like someone else mentioned, you may know coding or whatever it was, but you don't know SL, and I think you should've at least thanked those helping, and tried their very sound advice

Sorry but it really bugs me when someone has a problem, someone else takes them time to offer a ton of help & advice, and the person with the issue doesn't even say ty, just tells everyone THEY must be wrong

its solved my new head doesn't do it at all and is not a catwa at all it has not done it once ever since I put it on once since I owned it yet the catwa did and did not disapear when I relogged it was there when I relogged cause like I said in previous comments that no one seems to be listening to the head was never detached from my body nothing came off when I relogged everything apeared as is and did not have to put anything back on at all my new head does not have that issue i don't have to relog just so people can see it

6 minutes ago, RisingGrace said:

its solved my new head doesn't do it at all and is not a catwa at all it has not done it once ever since I put it on once since I owned it yet the catwa did and did not disapear when I relogged it was there when I relogged cause like I said in previous comments that no one seems to be listening to the head was never detached from my body nothing came off when I relogged everything apeared as is and did not have to put anything back on at all my new head does not have that issue i don't have to relog just so people can see it

Show us where you said that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.