Corrections, grammar, spelling etc.

pennytrated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thousands of people...this thread going viral? 

If either of those took place, people would note how you behaved, not how others behaved. There is no vitriol here, there were no insults, there was nothing you described about how "mean people can be", except in *your* responses-which went from pretending to be a kind person capable of seeing all good, into...umm, I'm not sure what that devolved into to be honest, it was rather puzzling to say the least.  So, yeah, if thousands see this (I have my doubts about those thousands, mr/ms "social experiment"), the odds are pretty good those thousands won't think ill of the forumites as a whole, or even individuals, except for the one that started the thread, and then came back to it with multiple personalities, lol.

You know if you want to do a "social experiment", they're super duper easy to do. Pretending something was one after the fact, because you've well shown your own foolishness and inability to converse like a polite grown up, doesn't bode well for much of anything other than entertainment.  It's hardly indicative of the company with which you've conversed, quite the opposite actually. 

Stick around the forums a bit longer, or read them a bit more, you'll get a better feel for the company which you keep. If you choose not to, the world cannot be blamed for your misperception of others ;)  

• Like 4

This thread has taken a strange turn.  I believe that the active community here is very good at helping others, even when the person who requested help is difficult and strains the patience of all trying to help.  I have rarely (if ever) seen a reply that I thought was malicious, intentional or not (in this incarnation of the forum).  Sometimes a sense of humor is needed, but generally something is posted to lighten the mood in general, not in derision.  It provides a way for everyone to laugh at their self, and provides a kind of 'reset'.   There are also people who come to post a thread who have an 'attitude' right from their first post.  I think the attitude read in the original post can often color the responses received.

There have been some really interesting side conversations that have developed in some threads - again I don't see this necessarily as anything disrespectful or against the original poster - similar side conversations happen in real life also, when there is a group of people conversing together. 

In this thread in particular, I didn't really see a lot of negativity until the original poster started attacking others.  In light of threads which end up with the original poster ending up saying "it's just an experiment", I think that the participation by the others, prior to that being said, shows the extent as to which people want to try and understand someone's issue, and offer other viewpoints when necessary.

I am very wary when conversing with others, often not sure if there was a joke I didn't understand, or if someone is making fun of me, but in this forum in particular, I feel very safe. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pennytrated said:

In all seriousness thank you.   I wanted to see if the right hook was thrown, who would take it and who would walk away.  Yes ...please don't hate, but this was a set up.  I wanted the responses. Those went to extremes showed to me and well a few thousand, might go viral dunno, just how some would use apathy, arrogance, ignorance and maliciousness, to justify the pain they could inflict on vulnerable people.   

What scares the flock out of me, is I perceived  your responses really were intentionally made to hurt.  (Me, lol, I dont care, I will still keep being me, acceptance and fuzzies arent required)  I knew this world was messed up, but didnt think that such venom and callousness still  existed.  Scary but rest assured you  made thousands of people laugh, cry and afraid. Im still flabbergasted.  This was way too easy. 

Damn I lost a bet. I now owe 3000  people coffee.    Oh and please as the TOS says, just mute and ban.    

And thank you for your participation in this study of compassion and acceptance in the 21st century's touted "progressive and acceptance" of humanity.   Mute button is over there>>>> please use.

Have a wondermus day. 

New application 11.05.2017 045.jpg

It isn't really worth the trouble to write an original reply to something like this. Fortunately there's cut and paste:

And did it make you feel great?  Sometimes... I would rather admit being wrong and be happy.  How did it feel to bait a response?   You lovely lady made a stronger point to this thread than I ever could.  Thank you  :D.   

• Like 4

On 2/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, Nalytha said:

Some folks like to feel bigger than others. Grammar and spelling trolling is an easy way to knock someone down a peg. 

There's a difference between being helpful and being derisive. 

1. You did this to knock people down. 

2. You were not helpful, and in the end through your mockery, you were derisive. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

am very wary when conversing with others, often not sure if there was a joke I didn't understand, or if someone is making fun of me, but in this forum in particular, I feel very safe. 

One reason is, contrary to the OPs assertions, regulars do not tolerate meanness. I just read a mean attack on a Native Greek speaker in another (answers) thread. Going to watch the response.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I received a strange email, but not totally sure it was from Penny-Sin-Et Al.

No need for Netflix the rest of the month I think.

Mine was a group email. I spent some time trying to find "ignore" on phone before I went back to PC.  In doing so, I reviewed Sin's postings and saw that S*n posted to P*nny (multiple personality?). And now P*nny is messaging me. Make these people go away, please?

*Edit* My bad, was just someone DM'ing me ABOUT the persons.  Side-track - why no strikeout font on phone?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

One reason is, contrary to the OPs assertions, regulars do not tolerate meanness. I just read a mean attack on a Native Greek speaker in another (answers) thread. Going to watch the response.

Yeah, attacking people because they are ESL isn't nice. Making fun of them because they obviously know English but don't care enough to write coherently..fair game!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah, attacking people because they are ESL isn't nice. Making fun of them because they obviously know English but don't care enough to write coherently..fair game!

In the thread I referred to there are numerous responses to the OP attempting to help with her problem. Then along comes the jerk and insults her because her English is imperfect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

In the thread I referred to there are numerous responses to the OP attempting to help with her problem. Then along comes the jerk and insults her because her English is imperfect. 

It is a slippery slope from "teasing" to "joining in on the fun" to "trolling" to being an "irreconcilable misanthrope".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

That one is a typical troll, based on the majority of their previous forum posts.  Hopefully, the OP of that thread will ignore said person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

UPDATE: They got downvoted. I replied :-)

I'm telling you, regulars here, along with mods, have standards!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.