How many of you try to make your avatar look like your offline selves?

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started off making my avatar look as close as possible to how I did in RL at the time.  Middle-aged man, 6 feet tall, quite slim, with a mop of greying hair.  I also wore similar clothes - jeans and t shirts.  Since then the two appearances have diverged.  In RL I now have a beard and my hair is a bit shorter and a bit greyer.  In Second Life I now have a shaved head (something I've never had in RL) and I have put on a lot of weight (which I've also managed to avoid doing so far in RL).  I'm about 5 stone heavier in SL than RL - it's probably unusual that way round!  But I'm now a much snappier dresser in SL, with my generous girth concealed by an ankle length gold satin great-coat and a stylish black top hat!  

Edited by Rick Finesmith

On 12/18/2017 at 10:50 PM, Rolig Loon said:

If I want to see what I look like, I look in a mirror.  If I want to see what I feel like, I log in to dance in the snow.

f7ab3181dc2c88d28d9707ddf3907b69.png

I didn't even look this good 50 years ago, but this is what I've felt like.

I had dinner with my grad school roommate Friday. Our reminiscing paralleled the dichotomy you describe between how we look and how we feel. I'd forgotten the time we found ourselves, for reasons neither of us can remember, at Milwaukee's "National Liquor Bar". It was, and probably still is, a fluorescent tube illuminated dive. I was apparently attractive enough to induce an old guy at the bar to offer me his Social Security check if only I'd retire to the back room with him. I don't remember this incident at all, but my roomie said I rejected the advance by claiming I was too busy blowing dead flies out of my wine glass, which I subsequently filled with root beer from a bottle that was as dusty as the old man.

As with you, my outside is aging faster than my inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

my roomie said I rejected the advance by claiming I was too busy blowing dead flies out of my wine glass, which I subsequently filled with root beer from a bottle that was as dusty as the old man.

That qualifies as the most imaginative excuse I have heard since my own grad school days. Ain't no flies on you, Maddy.

• Like 1

I'll try here and there at times to do that ,but a lot of times end up with an avatar that I like the looks of a lot more and just go with that, until I get the urge to give it another try..

hehehehe

A lot of times though I just like trying to see what happens with the sliders and with different mesh bodies and heads and things.. It's a lot of fun trying to make lots of different looks ,I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.