Top de-rezzed in a moderate land

KreepyKitKat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, KreepyKitKat said:

I was outside a store and my top de-rezzed in the moderate sim. Will I get in trouble? I don't think it's because the top was originally made for Maitreya but it fit my system avi due to the fact that that hasn't happened on any other land.

I doubt you will get into trouble at all.  I went to a pg sim the other day and my jeans failed to come with me.  I just went home and added  them again.  I often see naked people in laggy sims while their mesh is pinging into place.  Just one of those SL quirks we get used to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I doubt you will get into trouble at all.  I went to a pg sim the other day and my jeans failed to come with me.  I just went home and added  them again.  I often see naked people in laggy sims while their mesh is pinging into place.  Just one of those SL quirks we get used to. 

Phew. I just got worried because I don't wanna get in trouble for something I wasn't able to control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KreepyKitKat said:

Phew. I just got worried because I don't wanna get in trouble for something I wasn't able to control.

If you're really, really worried about that, the only answer is don't wear mesh clothing. Or at least wear some system clothing or applier clothing underneath.

Render failure for mesh clothing - and mesh bodies and heads and such - is depressingly common. It's client side too and that means what you see isn't necessarily what others see. Even you see yourself fully dressed yuorself, the person standing next to you may well see you stark naked and vice versa.

• Like 2

Just now, ChinRey said:

If you're really, really worried about that, the only answer is don't wear mesh clothing. Or at least wear some system clothing or applier clothing underneath.

Render failure for mesh clothing - and mesh bodies and heads and such - is depressingly common. It's client side too and that means what you see isn't necessarily what others see. Even you see yourself fully dressed yuorself, the person standing next to you may well see you stark naked and vice versa.

Alright! 

In the old days there were three ratings: G, PG, and Mature.

They dropped the PG (and it was more or less a laugh to have it) and added Adult. The reason for adding adult was so they could kill the teen grid (which was all G) and have a rating that they could block people from going to (The only "Adult-rated land is Zindra).

The ratings were as such: G: No nudity or adult advertising that showed nudity, etc. PG, Risque was okay, but no genitalia or nipples, Mature: olly-oxen-free. Then when PG went poof and Adult came in everyone presumes "Mature" was the new "PG" - not true. I may have missed a TOS change or something, but as far as I know "Mature" is still basically the same, except that now no open sex advertising in the open.

Basically - nudity is not a problem and even if you are abuse-reported it will take dozens of abuse-reports from different accounts before it raises a single flag for the Lindens. Because *****e happens on the grid as you describe.

Edited by Qa Boa

Wouldn't worry about it, it's ok on Mature sims, i've seen plenty of people go round in their birthday suit even in PG sims regardless of which type of AV they use maybe it was deliberate maybe their clothes forgot to follow them to the sim, either way it's a good idea to wear a clothing or applier layer set of lingerie that way you'll never be caught in the buff

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Wouldn't worry about it, it's ok on Mature sims, i've seen plenty of people go round in their birthday suit even in PG sims regardless of which type of AV they use maybe it was deliberate maybe their clothes forgot to follow them to the sim

I do actually know people who love to go naked in G rated sims and use render failure as an excuse if/when they are caught. ;)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I decided to just wear a bra and panties underneath ^-^ That way I wouldn't get in trouble if I poofed in on a sim, and my clothes were like "No. Not today," I wouldn't get in trouble. I just remembered to get them this morning and went deep into the depths of the marketplace to find them. I do hope that the few places I went in that were PG saw my clothes like I saw my clothes though. Could I possibly get in trouble if they didn't?

55 minutes ago, KreepyKitKat said:

I do hope that the few places I went in that were PG saw my clothes like I saw my clothes though. Could I possibly get in trouble if they didn't?

Since you are not yet in trouble, it is highly unlikely that you will be.

56 minutes ago, KreepyKitKat said:

I decided to just wear a bra and panties underneath ^-^ That way I wouldn't get in trouble if I poofed in on a sim, and my clothes were like "No. Not today," I wouldn't get in trouble.

Assuming the bra and panties rez at the same time that you do - there are always SL glitches.  I wouldn't worry too much.

most answers refer to the TOS, but the rules that cause bans on locations are mostly the ones owners set.

Of course those can't go against TOS, but often are a lot stricter. I think, when you just wander around accidently without top, LL will not ban for it when no other things happen.

Now nothing happened, you were not warned, ejected or banned. But a landlord can do that, with, or without reason.

6 hours ago, Scottie Chatterbox said:

I know of a Clothing Optional Beach that is set to Moderate and allows child avatars to be fully nude. So LL is fine with nudity in a Moderate area even on child avatars.

That is because nudity in and of itself is not sexual.  

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ:

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

A wee store called Seldom Blue has system lingerie out as a free gift, including a pink strapless bra and panties. Depending on the cut of the mesh clothing and avatar's skin tone, they can work well enough for a quick modesty layer.

Nudity is grand, but there is something rather disconcerting about showing up half naked whilst doing errands for my shops. :SwingingFriends:

Today I experienced that a woman need not to be dressed properly to get an invitation to a dance. The guy told me that he has been staring at me and my dress (which he saw floating above my head) over ten minutes. Well, he then asked me "do you wanna dance". I said ok and we danced. Then he said "your dress is still floating above your head". It must have been an interesting sight for him as I had alphad almost everything under my dress. Anyway he wanted to dance badly, couldn't wait any longer for the dress to find its place. xD

Anyway, under mesh clothes I almost always alpha the "horrible" nipples and "naughty bits" down there.
So instead of being shocked by the sight of those parts people can get shocked by partially missing body. :S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeDex said:

@Coby Foden Question - if the dress is floating over your head why would the alpha not be floating as well?

It's because the alpha is a surface effect of the mesh body or system body while the dress is a completely separate object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.