Old Post Forums

Guku Aabye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

24 answers to this question

Nope, even new ones can't be removed. You've got 24 hours after you post to make edits, but deletion isn't an option.

If it was super important, you might be try reporting the post or opening a support case, but I've not heard of anyone trying that.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Nope, even new ones can't be removed. You've got 24 hours after you post to make edits, but deletion isn't an option.

If it was super important, you might be try reporting the post or opening a support case, but I've not heard of anyone trying that.

Ok TY because I remember I responded to someone's post and I deleted my response. And it was gone. So I guess the people that post something on the Forums can't be removed then right?

1 hour ago, Guku Aabye said:

Ok TY because I remember I responded to someone's post and I deleted my response. And it was gone. So I guess the people that post something on the Forums can't be removed then right?

You could delete replies to posts on the old forum but not on this new one.

What you can do, is report your own post to the moderators and ask them to remove it. If the moderators removes a post, the system will automatically list that as a "warning" to the poster but in a case like this it will be one with 0 warning points so it will have no practical signiciance whatsoever.

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

You could delete replies to posts on the old forum but not on this new one.

What you can do, is report your own post to the moderators and ask them to remove it. If the moderators removes a post, the system will automatically list that as a "warning" to the poster but in a case like this it will be one with 0 warning points so it will have no practical signiciance whatsoever.

Oh ok so my old post will stay on the Forums?  Even if I report my own post?  It wont be removed?

3 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Oh ok so my old post will stay on the Forums?  Even if I report my own post?  It wont be removed?

It will be removed if the moderators agree to do it. If they don't nothing will happen at all. But I'm fairly sure they will agree if you ask nicely and it's only once.

Edited by ChinRey
editing

59 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

It will be removed if the moderators agree to do it. If they don't nothing will happen at all. But I'm fairly sure they will agree if you ask nicely and it's only once.

Ok how do I get a hold of a moderator? Or do I report it first? Oh when it's removed whoever responded to my post. Will there responses be removed as well also?

21 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Ok how do I get a hold of a moderator? Or do I report it first? Oh when it's removed whoever responded to my post. Will there responses be removed as well also?

FWIW, I hope not.  I realize that you may have felt embarrassed, but that was a good, informative thread.  I remember it well. You opened a valid topic and generated some helpful discussion. I learned a lot at the time, myself.  The rule in these forums has always been that once someone responds to an OP, the thread becomes public.  It belongs to everyone, not the OP himself. Unless it violates the TOS or Community Standards in some way, the moderators will not be inclined to remove a discussion that may be interesting to other residents.  You may ask, of course, but personally I hope that the moderators continue to follow that practice.  Over time, of course, any thread disappears from sight because people stop referring to it.  Its only those with long memories -- like me -- who recall old threads.  ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

FWIW, I hope not.  I realize that you may have felt embarrassed, but that was a good, informative thread.  I remember it well. You opened a valid topic and generated some helpful discussion. I learned a lot at the time, myself.  The rule in these forums has always been that once someone responds to an OP, the thread becomes public.  It belongs to everyone, not the OP himself. Unless it violates the TOS or Community Standards in some way, the moderators will not be inclined to remove a discussion that may be interesting to other residents.  You may ask, of course, but personally I hope that the moderators continue to follow that practice.  Over time, of course, any thread disappears from sight because people stop referring to it.  Its only those with long memories -- like me -- who recall old threads.  ;)

Has any old post ever been removed from the Forums?

I do not know.  I doubt that anyone knows.  Or remembers. 

I have lived a long time.  Over the course of my life, I have said or written many things that I regretted later.  I am certain that is true for everyone.  We are human. We cannot predict the effect that our words may have, and we are not always rational or as polite as we ought to be. I have learned, however, that unless we commit some heinous crime, most people forget our missteps.  They remain large in our own minds, and we learn from them, but unless we remind other people of what we said, those words are forgotten.  Let it go.

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I do not know.  I doubt that anyone knows.  Or remembers. 

I have lived a long time.  Over the course of my life, I have said or written many things that I regretted later.  I am certain that is true for everyone.  We are human. We cannot predict the effect that our words may have, and we are not always rational or as polite as we ought to be. I have learned, however, that unless we commit some heinous crime, most people forget our missteps.  They remain large in our own minds, and we learn from them, but unless we remind other people of what we said, those words are forgotten.  Let it go.

I understand what your saying.  All I want to do is remove one of my old Forums.

Ok how do I get a hold of a moderator? Or do I report it first?

At the moment, reporting the post is the only way.

I didn't know you were talking about posts others had replied to though, that makes everything a lot more complicated. There's not much chance they'll agree to remove that unless you have some very, very good reasons, and looking at the threads you've been participating in, I can't see why anybody would want to delete them. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

At the moment, reporting the post is the only way.

I didn't know you were talking about posts others had replied to though, that makes everything a lot more complicated. There's not much chance they'll agree to remove that unless you have some very, very good reasons, and looking at the threads you've been participating in, I can't see why anybody would want to delete them. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ok I reported two of my old post to get deleted. I hope a moderator removes them.

21 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Ok I reported two of my old post to get deleted. I hope a moderator removes them.

if one quoted you, it won't be able to get removed unless the whole thread or other relevant posts are delete either.

if it are old post.. whats the value of removing it.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if one quoted you, it won't be able to get removed unless the whole thread or other relevant posts are delete either.

if it are old post.. whats the value of removing it.

So what your saying I have to report all my post in order to have the one's I reported to be deleted?

Well I just want them gone my old post that's all.

So what your saying I have to report all my post in order to have the one's I reported to be deleted?

Well I just want them gone my old post that's all.

What he means is that if someone else quoted you, then you would have to report their post and justify it being removed also - otherwise your post within the quote will stay.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with your posts and thus I wouldn't worry about it or waste any more time on the matter.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi there Guku Aabye,

At this time we only remove posts that violate the Community Guidelines/Terms of Service if necessary. We do not remove posts upon request. Unless of course you might have put some personal information in a post and are unable to remove it (Email address, real name, etc), then we might be able to assist. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

Hi there Guku Aabye,

At this time we only remove posts that violate the Community Guidelines/Terms of Service if necessary. We do not remove posts upon request. Unless of course you might have put some personal information in a post and are unable to remove it (Email address, real name, etc), then we might be able to assist. 

Oh ok but shouldn't people have the option to remove there post if they choose too? I mean if they post something up on the Forums and they want it deleted  shouldn't they have that right to do so?

19 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Oh ok but shouldn't people have the option to remove there post if they choose too? I mean if they post something up on the Forums and they want it deleted  shouldn't they have that right to do so?

some forums do, others don't ... this one doesn't... you got it told by a Linden now.

Think very carefully what you write... so i doesn't need to get deleted.

This isn't a matter of having a right.

23 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

You do get 24 hours from the time you post to modify the content - or if you want to remove it, you can modify it to just a single character.  After 24 hours, it is written in stone.

From the Community Guidelines:

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
  • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
  • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

Let it go.

5 hours ago, Guku Aabye said:

I have no I idea why I was trying to delete my post and my account on the forums lol

Well if you have no idea, then I am sure I have no idea either. 

Are you staying this time? There are plenty of modern threads to be playing on, from photographs/snapshots to music and word games. Have fun! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.