How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Had to Google it! Rapunzel? Guilty as charged if so.9_9

I had to google it too. It's not good for brown-haired girls, they say we have to let it grow long and hope it turns blonde. Everybody wants to be a blonde. Blame Disney. It's not a good story to follow. 😁

Edited by kisket
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sofia Gray said:

SO GRAY.jpg

You and the outfit are both adorable!  I was especially captured by the light and shadow you used.  Were you using a light system or is that something you added after the fact?  (It is the topic we are studying this week in the Photo Salon.)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leora Greenwood said:

You and the outfit are both adorable!  I was especially captured by the light and shadow you used.  Were you using a light system or is that something you added after the fact?  (It is the topic we are studying this week in the Photo Salon.)

Thank you! ♥

I use the Black Dragon viewer whenever I am taking pictures as I find the lighting is best captured there.  Typically, after I take my pictures I blow out one side of them intentionally with an oversized brush where the lighting source would be.  Depending on how much time or patience I have I will also often added a hazy "halo" along the side that should be getting the direct hit of the light source.  It's not for any particular reason other than that it's something I personally respond to.  I like to shoot on a plain 50/50 gray backdrop out of habit so I just find it sometimes adds an element of interest to the images.

My other typical edits are to adjust the levels slighting depending on my mood to enhance the contrast and then I typically throw in some vibrance as well.

I didn't in the instance of the picture above, but I almost always also add noise/grain for everything that isn't the direct subject/focus.

I am attaching a snip of raw/unedited image from Black Dragon below if that's helpful:

SoGrayRaw.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sofia Gray said:

Thank you! ♥

I use the Black Dragon viewer whenever I am taking pictures as I find the lighting is best captured there.  Typically, after I take my pictures I blow out one side of them intentionally with an oversized brush where the lighting source would be.  Depending on how much time or patience I have I will also often added a hazy "halo" along the side that should be getting the direct hit of the light source.  It's not for any particular reason other than that it's something I personally respond to.  I like to shoot on a plain 50/50 gray backdrop out of habit so I just find it sometimes adds an element of interest to the images.

My other typical edits are to adjust the levels slighting depending on my mood to enhance the contrast and then I typically throw in some vibrance as well.

I didn't in the instance of the picture above, but I almost always also add noise/grain for everything that isn't the direct subject/focus.

I am attaching a snip of raw/unedited image from Black Dragon below if that's helpful:

SoGrayRaw.jpg

Thank you SO much!  You  have given me some ideas to work with for sure!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kisket said:

I had to google it too. It's not good for brown-haired girls, they say we have to let it grow long and hope it turns blonde. Everybody wants to be a blonde. Blame Disney. It's not a good story to follow. 😁

Tangled actually ended with Rapunzel being a short-haired brunette, and Flynn/Eugene saying he's always had a thing for brunettes. :)

Edited by SabrinaCooke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2