How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

〜♡

when it is monday morning 2 am and you are that excited about your sons 10th birthday today that you can not sleep xD I love taking pics in SL until I get sleepy haha although we renovated a room a whole week without much sleep because a certain birthday boy was wishing for a "gamer room" for his birthday! We added so many LED things and merch to this room you can see it from mars!! XD I hope everybody had a nice weekend :D

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, Michael Blackwood said:

Ready for the next part of my ongoing life? Of course I wouldn't forget to update y'all! 🙂

I'm in a bad place. Because my virtual flight from Windhoek to Amsterdam was delayed, I missed my connection to New York JFK and had to sleep in the terminal. While kicking time in Amsterdam, I also decided to call my employer to-be and blew the job. She had continuously ignored important calls for days and kept ordering me in for online meetings on my vacation, which she then skipped without a notice.

photo1.thumb.png.cbc049e554a1386b5d6eaafcce77ff5c.png

When I finally arived in New York City in the early morning, believe it or not, my luggage was missing. Completely frustrated of the events of the past few days and exhausted from the trip home, I took the next cab to my new apartment on the Upper East Side.
As I got home I dropped my filthy clothes, took a quick shower and instantly fell asleep on my new bed. Because of the jetlag, I slept all day long, until early evening. That's when the flashbacks started. I kept thinking of the trip to Namibia with its terrible ending, the exhausting journey home and, of course, Vanessa. I couldn't think of anything else but Vanessa.

In hopes of distracting myself, I started binge-watching old episodes of "King of Queens" while having one Whiskey after another. To be honest, I doze off more than I saw anything of the famous TV Show. I started questioning myself and whether the decision to return to SL had really been the right choice. Was that all worth it? Two weeks have gone by since I returned to SL and here I am again - right where I started.

photo2.thumb.png.c80802dcefa13448d385222a1d604ccd.png

Should I leave SL? Stay? What should be my next adventure in SL? Perhaps you have suggestions! Let me know! 🙂

I loved it. Defo continue with more stories.

• Like 3

So recently I have been trying to get out, be more sociable in SL, get to know people blah blah blah.  Normally I don't add people to my friend's list on first meetings as I like to get to know someone first, see if they are someone who will become a part of my SL, but I went against my own rule and added someone cos they seemed like a good person and someone I would enjoy getting to know and hang out with.  

Then today I noticed I have been deleted from their list and I can only assume it is because I'm not a pushy person who was constantly up in their face wanting to hang out.  

So this is how I look today...reaffirmed in the belief that people suck!

Snapshot_002 (2).jpg

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

On 7/26/2021 at 12:00 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

So recently I have been trying to get out, be more sociable in SL, get to know people blah blah blah.  Normally I don't add people to my friend's list on first meetings as I like to get to know someone first, see if they are someone who will become a part of my SL, but I went against my own rule and added someone cos they seemed like a good person and someone I would enjoy getting to know and hang out with.  

Then today I noticed I have been deleted from their list and I can only assume it is because I'm not a pushy person who was constantly up in their face wanting to hang out.  

So this is how I look today...reaffirmed in the belief that people suck!

Snapshot_002 (2).jpg

That happened to me recently as well.. I was off line for a week and I guess they needed me to be around when they wanted.. no worries I never take it personally. 

On 7/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Michael Blackwood said:

Hah! I bet you guys already thought, I was "Lost in Africa". Wrong!
My adventurous "live story of my life" continues, once again:

After I spent a few days exploring the mighty Savannah with a local tour guide, I decided to spend a fortune and fly in the one person I knew: A gorgeous woman, called Vanessa, whom I met at that my sandbox shelter. We've had a date or two before I left for my vacation. I missed Vanessa so badly, that I asked the Lodge's concierge to prepare a candle light dinner at the private beach, for when she arrives.
Her flight was delayed for over six hours, but eventually she arrived at the Kidaka Lodge. For some reason, her mood was bad and almost instantly she broke off a fight. It ended up with me saying some stupid things, her saying some stupid things and then her suddenly "friendzoning" me and storming off, back to the cab, to return to the airport.

I stood there stunned, heartbroken and devastated. I then went back to my tent in the bush, sat on one of the wooden chairs underneath a beautiful Acacia tree and cried for a good hour. Yes men cry, too. When I had collected myself again, I decided to pack my things and end my vacation early. I suddenly couldn't stand Africa anymore.

Originally I was going to actually extend my vacation and spend another three days in Havanna, Cuba before returning home. In the meantime my lovely Personal Assistant, Estelle, would be finding an apartment for me and furnish it.

As I had ended my vacation early and changed plans about Cuba, I needed to inform Estelle. So I called her from the airport in Windhoek to ensure that I had a home, once I landed in New York JFK.

photo.thumb.jpg.f85c972e0b61207a7fda10f02fb7c18a.jpg

I miss you so much, Vanessa.

I just liked your pic :D I saw it before anything else. :D

5 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I never take it personally. 

Sometimes I can shrug it off and it doesn't bother me.  Other times I take it very personally and spiral into the vortex of wondering what I did to warrant a deletion.  The imagination is a wondrous thing.

Standing around today pondering what to do with myself.

Snapshot_004 (1).jpg

• Like 25