Introvert and lone wanderer seeking a similar friend :)

InkaHeartsdale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey :) I'm a super shy female from the UK, who is looking for someone to chat to/hang out with who is as introverted as I am. If you go to quiet sims, hoping to find someone to talk to but only find couples or AFKers, or if you go to find some people but do a runner whenever you come across a crowded place, then you're just like me! xD

I generally keep myself to myself, and I do like alone time, but it would be good to know one or two more people. I have a bit of a wall up, but I am sure some will get through it :) I'm very laid back, gentle, warm and quiet. I enjoy talking about anything and everything. Sometimes I don't know what to say, but I think it's all part of being shy, lol. My favourite SL hobbies are decorating/hanging at my house, inventory sorting, family/daily life roleplay and spending time with my dog in sl, who is my best friend (she is an avatar/is human behind the av).

I don't like clubs, but I do like music events, cafes and my favourite - artsy/photogenic sims where I can relax and daydream <3

I am also interested in joining any SL based friendship hangout/meetup groups.

Umm.. I think that's all for now! My forum name is my username, so feel free to IM inworld if I am your kind of person. Thanks for taking a look at my post. I hope you find the friends you are looking for!

Edited by InkaHeartsdale
  • Like 3

Well I am not really very introverted in SL, but I am in RL, here I can hide the real me that I don't believe anyone would really want to talk to, behind the illusion of someone interesting. I do however love hanging out in vacant quiet photogenic sims. I love SL photography and aspire to be a legitimate SL artist. So maybe we could get together sometime. I tend to be earlier in the day than most of my fellow American, but that often means I am on when you Brits are on. My schedule is very uncertain over the next couple of weeks or so, but I will try to send you an IM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Umm... Introvert and a loner here as well - or close to it. I prefer living in a two-person gang VS the rest, but recently my fellow gang member broke and I'm in a need of replacement - feel free to IM me [SL name the same as forum name] ^_^

PS: I'm seeing "June 13" on the post dates, so sorry if this thread died 7 years ago ... >_>

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, koszatniczek said:

Umm... Introvert and a loner here as well - or close to it. I prefer living in a two-person gang VS the rest, but recently my fellow gang member broke and I'm in a need of replacement - feel free to IM me [SL name the same as forum name] ^_^

PS: I'm seeing "June 13" on the post dates, so sorry if this thread died 7 years ago ... >_>

Threads never die around these parts.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 10:12 AM, koszatniczek said:

That June 13th was just last month, not quite 4 weeks ago.  That doesn't even qualify as a necropost.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You know you are dealing with a serious introvert when they ask for companionship contacts, you send them a friend request, and they can't accept it.

In all seriousness, I used to be like that. I'm still a bit shy. And I still need time to myself after a good bit of socializing. But I used to be much worse, scampering off at the first sign of another avatar. I like that SL has had the same effect on me both in SL and in real space. I've found it much easier to talk to people, out of the blue, at the market, or in a cafe, or bookstore. I hope that doesn't mean I'm growing up.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 10-7-2017 at 12:59 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

You know you are dealing with a serious introvert when they ask for companionship contacts, you send them a friend request, and they can't accept it.

In all seriousness, I used to be like that. I'm still a bit shy

Recognizing this very much, and it would still describe RL me, in SL I changed over time.

I still have that big wall around me, but I learned to climb it, and when I am at a level where I feel comfortable with someone I just jump of that wall and probably talk waaaay to much. Almost like there's a social person hidden somewhere in me after all :)

• Like 2

lol maybe we should just set up a place where all us introverts can wander in when we feel like company and stay away when we dont!  I have those times when I really want a buddy and a lot of times when I dont.  a lot of people take that the wrong way but I guess another introvert would get it.  I rarely add anyone to my friends list as I feel pressured that I should talk to them every time they come on and I dont like that pressure (I have issues, I know.  lol) but I am friendly enough if someone says hi!  

waves to my fellow introverts!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.