Best mesh body?

Cookieiloveu22 Fang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, angeoco said:

What ones do you already have? What style and features are you looking for?

Currently I have the Lena Lush, I can't find as much clothing to go with it, so I am looking for one that is curvy and sexy, but also has a lot of options for clothing. I am not very knowledgeable in the mesh world, sorry.

Well, Maitreya Lara is currently the market leader, followed by the Belleza and Slink models, with others like Eve and Tonic a bit behind. For mesh feet, Slink is the market leader. Those bodies can all be made curvy and sexy like Lena, and there are lots of clothes available that will fit the most popular ones with no adjustment. Of course, most quality clothes can be made fit most mesh bodies with a bit of work. The Mesh Body Addicts website is a very popular site with reviews of the leading mesh bodies and links to where you can download demos.

• Like 1

You can edit most bodies, to an extent, by editing the shape underneath, so ultimately you can get most of the mainstream bodies (most of which have similar default builds) to look fairly similar. Nothing with a shape as extreme as the Lena Lush is going to have much in the way of clothing for it, but you could check out SLink Hourglass (waspish waist, larger hips and breasts) or Belleza Freya or Isis. Those have wider hips and larger breasts by default, and still have a reasonable amount of clothing available.

5 hours ago, Cookieiloveu22 Fang said:

Hi I am looking for opinions on what is the best mesh body

I may be biased but I think Clover's body is the best body.

Snapshot_024a.thumb.jpg.dfbcad93bb51f46ab3b3ca5c488dc4d8.jpgSnapshot_029a.thumb.jpg.050617ef8b8481c97296461e44b72339.jpg

But seriously, what you are asking and what is on the market right now, you will want Maitreya's Lara, Slink's Hourglass or Belleza's Freya or Isis.  In the attached, all avatar's are wearing Maitreya. While it is easy to see, my shape (background right in 2nd pic) is on the beefy side for Maitreya but would be middle of the road for Belleza's Freya.  Demo Demo Demo!  Take your time and find the one for you.

When you got the mesh route remember the mesh-jedi code.  "No demo; no sale. No exceptions."

• Like 1

I remember there was a blog that listed all of the mesh bodies and compared some of their features (rigged/fitmesh/bento, some of the HUD features, etcetera). The one big thing this blog left out, unfortunately, were the perms each body is sold with. For me, personally, being able to customize my body is a higher priority than even how many clothes are available for it, and so many bodies are sold no-mod for some reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

You can edit most bodies, to an extent, by editing the shape underneath, so ultimately you can get most of the mainstream bodies (most of which have similar default builds) to look fairly similar. Nothing with a shape as extreme as the Lena Lush is going to have much in the way of clothing for it, but you could check out SLink Hourglass (waspish waist, larger hips and breasts) or Belleza Freya or Isis. Those have wider hips and larger breasts by default, and still have a reasonable amount of clothing available.

Thank you, I feel like such an idiot asking all these questions even though i've been on this site since 2009 haha! I will check out the slink hourglass, i've heard great things, same with isis

1 hour ago, Penny Patton said:

I remember there was a blog that listed all of the mesh bodies and compared some of their features (rigged/fitmesh/bento, some of the HUD features, etcetera). The one big thing this blog left out, unfortunately, were the perms each body is sold with. For me, personally, being able to customize my body is a higher priority than even how many clothes are available for it, and so many bodies are sold no-mod for some reason.

I think I remember that blog as well, and Yes customizing it is a concern, I don't want to have the exact same body as a million other girls haha!

1 hour ago, Chase01 said:

I'm not trying to knock the OP but we need a sticky with some comprehensive information that we could direct people too. I know its wishful thinking but literally this question gets asked multiple times a week.

I completely understand, this is a very frequently asked question!

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I may be biased but I think Clover's body is the best body.

Snapshot_024a.thumb.jpg.dfbcad93bb51f46ab3b3ca5c488dc4d8.jpgSnapshot_029a.thumb.jpg.050617ef8b8481c97296461e44b72339.jpg

But seriously, what you are asking and what is on the market right now, you will want Maitreya's Lara, Slink's Hourglass or Belleza's Freya or Isis.  In the attached, all avatar's are wearing Maitreya. While it is easy to see, my shape (background right in 2nd pic) is on the beefy side for Maitreya but would be middle of the road for Belleza's Freya.  Demo Demo Demo!  Take your time and find the one for you.

When you got the mesh route remember the mesh-jedi code.  "No demo; no sale. No exceptions."

Very beautiful! 

I love the mesh-jedi code! I don't want to be dropping big bucks on something that I cant even try, thank you!

7 hours ago, angeoco said:

Well, Maitreya Lara is currently the market leader, followed by the Belleza and Slink models, with others like Eve and Tonic a bit behind. For mesh feet, Slink is the market leader. Those bodies can all be made curvy and sexy like Lena, and there are lots of clothes available that will fit the most popular ones with no adjustment. Of course, most quality clothes can be made fit most mesh bodies with a bit of work. The Mesh Body Addicts website is a very popular site with reviews of the leading mesh bodies and links to where you can download demos.

Thank you so much, this has been very helpfull, everyone on here has been so great! I really appreciate it!

Honestly, if you go with the Maitreya body you don't need SLINK feet. Maitreya is the market leader and there is a ton of product out there supporting the feet she includes with the body. If you are looking for something that is specific to SLINK then chances are its probably an older release but you can generally find something comparable. Save your lindens and don't get the feet if you go Maitreya. She also recently released an update that includes Bento hands. Maitreya is awesome!

While you can go curvy with Maitreya and Belleza with really good results, I'd also suggest trying SLINK's Hourglass mesh body if you want a thicker and curvy body. It has a really unique look to it. I am however not a fan of the SLINK Physique body.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chase01 said:

Honestly, if you go with the Maitreya body you don't need SLINK feet. Maitreya is the market leader and there is a ton of product out there supporting the feet she includes with the body. If you are looking for something that is specific to SLINK then chances are its probably an older release but you can generally find something comparable. Save your lindens and don't get the feet if you go Maitreya. She also recently released an update that includes Bento hands. Maitreya is awesome!

While you can go curvy with Maitreya and Belleza with really good results, I'd also suggest trying SLINK's Hourglass mesh body if you want a thicker and curvy body. It has a really unique look to it. I am however not a fan of the SLINK Physique body.

The trend now, is that some designers drop to design for other bodies than Maitreya. I know it is a shame, but what to do? I love Maitreya, but I have Slink Physique on an alt, and I really want to keep it. |

The tight tied up shoes, or boots or what they are called, in the picture over? It is a ton of them that people resell on the Marketplace, they have played the gacha and need to get rid of the extras. It is not nearly as many for Slink.

I dropped my slink feet completely, in favor of Maitreya. It has very impractial to always change my feet, depending on what shoes I wanted to wear from my inventory and high boots always needed to be for Maitreya anyway... and since then I don't feel like I'm missing out. I have all kinds of shoes and more than I need.

• Like 1

On 17.4.2017 at 9:56 AM, Syo Emerald said:

It has very impractial to always change my feet, depending on what shoes I wanted to wear from my inventory ...

I got very found memories of those days when SLink feet were new on the market ... my hesistant self made the remark that it would be wonderful if you could switch from the flat feet to medium or high with just the click of a button, instead of manually detaching one option and attaching the other. Numerous creators leashed out and bitched how one could possibly make such a dumb idea of wasting resources and driving up script count and everything.
I did chuckle when Maitreya came around with just that "click of a button" feature and nobody complained.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, Cookieiloveu22 Fang said:

I am looking for one that is curvy and sexy, but also has a lot of options for clothing. 

I would normally recommend the Maitreya mesh body but seeing as you want something a little more curvy, I suggest getting the Belleza body because it comes with 3 different base body types Freya, Isis, and Venus. There is a decent amount of content out for Belleza as well. 

If you want something that is thicker as well as curvy, I suggest the Slink Hourglass body, but I will warn you that creating a shape for this one can be a bit frustrating as it's base dimensions are very different from the other bodies on the market.

Edit:: Also, the Maitreya body now has bento hands which is an added bonus!

Edited by Annika Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.