shy nerdy introvert

Niyomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

heya, im looking to make some friends, preferably some who actually stick around, keep chatting, dont leave SL the very next day and log in more than once a month, being on at similar times is definitely a plus.

im from germany, roughly on at times between midnight and noon sl time. im rather shy, quiet and introverted, at least until i got to know and feel comfortable around someone. i totally suck at small talk and i prefer IMs over local. i never really know what to talk about with people or dont want to bother them. in rl im a computer engineer, so obviously i enjoy scripting and building, with prims, using an external program to make mesh isnt exactly building in my opinion :-p i like math and science, yeah im a nerd.

every now and then i dj on chew.tv and occasionally in sl too. i love anime and cartoons, sometimes i play online games, usually star wars the old republic or minecraft (please dont judge me lol). some days i like running or going to the gym, others i munch ice cream or stuff my face with pizza and slurp wine :-p

i absolutely love cuddling, what i cant stand is when someone is having nothing but sex on their mind and considers cuddling some kind of foreplay. great way to make me dislike them. i kind of like bdsm though, my way, its not really high on my priority list though. generally i dont care who or what you are, if you are nice and friendly to me im nice and friendly to you.

im not opposed to rp in general, i just find the way its often done in sl is simply not interesting or appealing to me, like having to wait 20 minutes until someone is done writing their 5 page paragraph is just boring me, or wanting everything as realistic as possible but then having their whole life story on their profile, it makes no sense to me.

i dont care if you are straight, bi, gay, lesbian, trans, short, tall, black, white, whatever. your appearance should be human(ish) though, no furries please, i just had bad experiences with them so far. 
so, if you are not already scared away by this wall of text and think im interesting and want to get to know me, shoot me a message or a notecard inworld

• 2 weeks later...

I am virtually never on these days (I plan to stop not being inworld but the plans have yet to come to fruition) so I'm not the droid you're looking for. I am only commenting here to tell you that in my experience SL is a warm and welcoming place for nerds. Hell, to most of the "outside" world we're ALL nerds just for being part of this. Trust me.

I have also found that people who've thought they were introverts have become extremely social and outgoing here. This place, I think, encourages that (by 'this place' I meant SL, not the Forum even though the same can be said for it).

So jump right in. I've only one caution: be very careful not to fall in love too easily here. I'm not saying you shouldn't, just that you should be constantly aware that it's super easy to do so and that the results are not always what you'd hope for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 10:42 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

So jump right in. I've only one caution: be very careful not to fall in love too easily here. I'm not saying you shouldn't, just that you should be constantly aware that it's super easy to do so and that the results are not always what you'd hope for.

That's good advice, because our emotions/feelings can not tell the difference between the virtual and reality; only our minds can. 

• Like 1

Hi there 

99% of my current SL friends are from American time zones 

i would love to meet new friends from zones nearer to my own , I am in the GMT time zone (uk) and get rather bored waiting around for my american friends to wake from their slumber 

soooo anyone who would like to make new friends , be sure to drop me a message and say hi 

Interesting, I have several UK friends despite the fact I am in the US, This is due to the fact that I typically I am on during the day, M-F when most of my US counterparts are at work, but people in the UK have gotten home for the evening.

Alright all,

After being away for about a year or so I've recently come back to SL and would love to meet some likeminded people to chill with. I'm 21 (on Tuesday) and from the UK, into exploring new and beautiful sims, chilling with friends, listening to live music and just chit-chatting for hours on end!

I'm sure I can't be the only guy out there looking for some friends but apparently the challenge is real! Help a guy out.. it is my birthday soon after all, heh.. hope to see you around!

Ollie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In-world: ViscousSummer88 Resident

• Like 2

Everyone is looking for friends, I would love to be one of yours, but at the moment RL keeps me away a lot, and I barely have time for my two SL careers. But if by chance we are on at the same time sometime maybe we can hang out and explore a sim, as that is part of what i do in my career as an artist.

Hello Everyone I have been gone for second life for about half a year and i am finding my friendslist a bit bare at the moment. I am from the United States in the mountain time zone so it would be nice to find people on around the same time but i dont mind being friends with anyone that comes my way. I am 24 years old in real life but dont think that it matters about that as long as we are all respectful of eachother. I really want to find people that i can do stuff with like go to clubs, hang out at roleplay sims, play games like cards against humanity, and others. I would also love to get into photography again and find gorgeous sims to take pictures at. I think that i really want to find my new bestfriend. If you wanna get in contact hit me up on here or send me an IM in world, My username is Slick505 resident

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

I also love taking pictures and finding gorgeous sims, right at the moment my RL keeps me away from SL more than I would like, but maybe sometime we can get together to explore a bit.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:12 AM, seanabrady said:

Feel free to give a shout if you are interested. I am in CT in the US but tend to be on more during the day than at night. Always looking for people to shop with, dance with and hang out with.

Hello neighbor!

• Like 1

Looks like I "accidentally" didn't log in for a while and everyone purged me off their friend list... :(

Let me know if you'd like to chat or something, I'd love to make some new friends. 

Wow, I've got friends that haven't logged in for over 5 yrs and I never dropped them.  Not to mention that I barely logged in during those 5 years and seldom spoke to anyone during those short inworld visits, yet nobody dropped me.  Sounds like you needed a better batch of friends anyway.  It's not like the friends list is limited in number like groups.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.