Avastar for free?

DanDaDiabolic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We know that there are many people who first want to try then buy, Therefor we offer full money back to everybody who is not satisfied or finds the program is not capable to serve your expectations. So you safely can purchase, test and decide if you want to keep it or give it back if you think it is not good for you.

At the moment we are even going so far that we offer the full money back guarantee for everybody who ever purchased this program at any time and has become upset with us for any reason. So far we had one person over the past 5 years who has taken advantage of this offer.

Here is the still valid offer for reference:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/2015/12/15/avastar-christmas-2015-present/

And in case you are looking at using this program for Bento then please also check out this page first:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/fcs-2

I hope this helps

• Like 2

DanDaDiabolic wrote:

I did find one torrent but the one seed stopped uploading half way through lol..

Gaia Clary wrote:

we offer
full money back
to everybody who is not satisfied or finds the program is not capable to serve your expectations.

Dan, as an Avastar user myself you won't need to take Gaia up on that refund offer. It's honestly the best investment you can make if you plan to upload mesh into SL from Blender, or make animations, or do weight painting/rigging.

110% worth the money, and that money gets you a year of updates too, each time there is a new blender, or new SL feature, Gaia has always been right on it.

• Like 1

I'm with Callum Meriman. AvaStar is THE TOOL for making clothes and animations for SL. It handles the gotchas built into SL and automates some of the tedious stuff.

Most importantly it reduces the learning curve in the sense that converstions and considerations for making thngs in SL are pretty much all handled by AvaStar.

• 7 months later...

One person bought and I was surprised that Avastan was not able to upgrade to Bento. Does this mean that he needs to buy again avastan you? Yes, I would like to buy, but the fact that he has not received the update upset me, and I think it's not fair, is not the point of the upgrade for those who already bought Avastar for good money.

So the crux of the matter.... if a new version of Avastan, I will get the update and what to do to the person who purchased Avastan a few years ago, he can get a Bento Avastan update ?((((

Edited by Kaheyry

There is an upgrade price.

I'll be blunt here but the sense of entitlement by special snowflakes is truly astounding!

Avastar should be much more expensive than it is, it's already a ridiculously cheap price and don't forget that what has changed is a feature within SL that required a change to Avastar.

Get off expecting free updates to everything when the underlying technology changes, it's not always reasonable to expect creators to keep chasing LL's updates and providing free updates for life.

There is no requirement to make content for bento bones, but if you do, there's a delta update cost for around the price of a burger.

Gaia and the team have to eat too!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kaheyry said:

the fact that he has not received the update upset me, and I think it's not fair, is not the point of the upgrade for those who already bought Avastar for good money.

you can't be serious about this...

i am no user of the program, i'm no creator, but acting like this about such usefull program.. and the costs...23 dollars purchase and/or 12 for upgrade is just off the scale. ( if i seen it right at the website)

just a reference for software user prices: Photoshop subscription is € 236 a year .... or € 144 for students (reduced price)

• Like 5

Thanks for the comments and clarification. I heard each of you and took note . Please remember that in some countries people do not have a high income, but it's just a comment . I didn't ask to evaluate my expectations . Just asking a question, you can get the updates of Avastin or not. I realized ... no. About Bastioni,  I can use it in place of Avastin in full for clothes or poses or avatar ? And what are the benefits of avastan? I would like to hear on the merits, and not compare prices. ( Bastioni free)

• Like 1

While I appreciate that not every country has the same income level, we still find people can buy the computer, pay for internet access, magically have Photoshop, 3DS, zbrush etc. Then complain about a plug in that costs a burger.

Gaia also provides avatar workbench which is free but doesn't support Bento bones.

Avastar is not a requirement though, feel free to use other tools.

• Like 1

I usually don't count money in the pockets of other people and what they spend, I just care about my money, that does not prevent me just ask a question without a negative ) I could not think that this question and discussion can cause allergies LOL. In any case, I appreciate your time and response):)

• Like 3

Have you used this Bastioni plug-in to make anything for SL? If you can and you're happy with it, and you'd rather not pay $27 for Avastar (for any reason or none at all), go for it.

I've never seen anyone write about Bastioni in the forums, so if you do use it, you'll probably have to look elsewhere for help and then adapt it to suit SL's particular needs.

If you want to know more about the merits of Avastar (that's STAR not STAN, btw), search the forums for conversation about the kinds of things you'd like to use it for. The information you're after has probably been discussed at length already, several times over - it's even been nodded to in this thread, with Callum's post being a reasonable summary of majority opionion. Avastar has a very good reputation for working with SL's quirks, customer support from Gaia, and additional help and advice from SL creators.

7 hours ago, Kaheyry said:

About Bastioni,  I can use it in place of Avastin in full for clothes or poses or avatar ? And what are the benefits of avastan? I would like to hear on the merits, and not compare prices. ( Bastioni free)

As far as I can see, you're comparing apples and oranges.  Avastar is a tool for creating clothes, avatars (if you wish), rigging them specifically for Second Life, creating animations...for Second Life.

Unless i'm mistaken, Bastioni is a plug in for creating humanoid characters which then need to be rigged for Second Life and the best tool for that is...Avastar!

So, to specifically answer the question, the free plug in doesn't do the job, on its own...at all.

• 2 years later...

I bought this system back in 2015 and what was stated any and ALL UPDATES where free ...now since i've been gone and you changed the Terms of service ...i dont think its fair to those who purchase this back in 2015 based on a lie that all updates are FREE!! I would like a refund ..I dont want to pay more money for something i was promised would be freely updated....i think linden should really look into this!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Diatoma Clarity said:

I bought this system back in 2015 and what was stated any and ALL UPDATES where free ...now since i've been gone and you changed the Terms of service ...i dont think its fair to those who purchase this back in 2015 based on a lie that all updates are FREE!! I would like a refund ..I dont want to pay more money for something i was promised would be freely updated....i think linden should really look into this!!!

Linden Lab won't look into resident disputes.  Have you brought it up with the person you paid in 2015? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Diatoma Clarity said:

People often confuse update with upgrade. An update is fixing the current release to work within edge limit cases, that internally cause issues and for current releases may be a show stopper. An upgrade on the other hand is an additional work to add new functionality, new content, new work flows and new software API and you can't expect a developer to do this kind of time consuming work for free basing off 20 bucks you paid 5 years ago. The burger you buy with such amount can't last that long, and work must be compensated. Your version of avastar keeps working on the blender version it was created for, and that is still available to download. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.