Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CadenzaInVivace

So, how much do you need to bribe Maitreya to get a kit?

27 posts in this topic

@Chic Aeon Agreed ...

If that post had been about TMP I would have agreed but Maitreya support is on point. Of all the mesh bodies I own—TMP had the worst product support. It was getting old going to events and seeing all the cute stuff I "couldn't wear" ...

To the OP, the decision is/was probably related to quality control. Due to the popularity of the body I am sure they have an over abundance of applications for dev kits. Could a personal relationship influence who, or how quickly someone gets a dev kit? Probably! But that isn't very different then what you might expect in a real world business environment now is it.

One more thought on this topic since someone brought it back on my notifications.

I get a LOT of Maitreya clothes demos. Some fit perfectly and others not so much. I am wondering if the ones that DON'T really fit are the ones made with the bootleg body. I did watch the beginning of that video (I don't make clothes) but not really something I am interested in. The person making the video said that there were issues with the bootleg body. 

In the meantime the folks with the items that fit like a glove WILL stand out among the crowd for anyone who pays attention and is discerning when buying their clothes. Unfortunately some of the big names have really pretty awful fitted mesh for Lara, so you can't go by that. 

What's in a name? Not much really. I could make a skirt and call it Maitreya but if I didn't have the kit (possibly the real one) it is unlikely it would fit well unless I spent an awful lot of time on the beta grid testing and redoing a vertices at a time (well maybe a handful :D).